• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pres. Trump Issues Fewest Regulations Ever

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
President Trump has made good and then some on his pledge to slash costly federal regulations, issuing the fewest new rules in recorded history in his first two years, according to a new analysis.

In fact, the efforts by the White House, Office of Management and Budget, and several agencies to cut and reduce the flow of regulations this year have only ever been topped once: by the same Trump team last year.

“At year-end 2018, how is President Donald Trump’s regulatory reform project going? Better than Obama, Bush II, and Clinton in terms of fewer regulations; but not as good as Trump’s own first year,” said the Competitive Enterprise Institute.

The President is just a guy who contracted to do a bunch of things and is now doing his best to follow through. In his days as a real estate developer he used a regimen that got big construction projects completed: Work tirelessly, long hours, constantly pester the principle actors to do their jobs with phone calls, visits, and texts, do or say whatever is necessary to motivate people and remove obstacles, plan ahead to avoid red tape, keep the press out of the way by distracting it with shiny objects, e.g., outrageous statements, and so on.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ons-ever-record-low-unconstitutionality-index

The President is just a guy who contracted to do a bunch of things and is now doing his best to follow through. In his days as a real estate developer he used a regimen that got big construction projects completed: Work tirelessly, long hours, constantly pester the principle actors to do their jobs with phone calls, visits, and texts, do or say whatever is necessary to motivate people and remove obstacles, plan ahead to avoid red tape, keep the press out of the way by distracting it with shiny objects, e.g., outrageous statements, and so on.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ons-ever-record-low-unconstitutionality-index

That's nice that he's just trying to get things done. It doesn't mean those who disagree should just shut up.

That's nice that he's just trying to get things done. It doesn't mean those who disagree should just shut up.

I agree. All of us should speak up with intellectual honesty re those policies we can agree with and those that we question or oppose. That goes for leftists, rightwingers, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, and everybody else. I am writing the White House and my elected representatives to let them know what I approve of and what I don't.

When the idea of a military parade was floated, for example, I sent in my opinion that it was not a good idea, that it was an unnecessary and unuseful exercise that was far too costly in a time of huge deficits and rising National Debt. But I was courteous with my opinion and also expressed those things I can support. I received a courteous and respectful reply to that email. I suspect many others also expressed that opinion because the parade was quietly put back on the shelf.

But expressing hatred or condemnation for the President or anybody else is not useful regardless of who is doing it. Assuming every policy or proposal is dumb or ignorant or hateful is not useful regardless of who is doing it. Interpreting every question or thought or idea as intended 'policy' is not useful regardless of who is doing it. And those who approved policy or initiatives when other Presidents proposed or initiated ithembut condemn the same when it is President Trump are hypocrites through and through and not to be respected by any thinking person.

How refreshing to have a president who gets good things done because he has actual work experience in the real world outside the walls of government incompetence in major hubs of tribal barbarians.

LOL, :lamo

Back
Top Bottom