• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prepare to cry, like a lot.[W:58]

Re: Prepare to cry, like a lot.

You gonna make a "Why Do Atheists Hate Puppies?" thread now?

Don't be ridiculous. It would be a "Why Do Atheists Hate Disabled Puppies?" thread

Don't be ridiculous. It would be a "Why Do Atheists Hate Disabled Puppies?" thread

I'd laugh - but I wouldn't put it past you.

Then no, you don't understand it at all. You don't even understand the concept of a body, period. You're so far away from the land of understanding that concept that I'm not even sure what to do with you.

And you're such a drag that you come into a puppy forum to whine about it.

I give up on you people, I swear. I hope no one ever bothers to post something cute and uplifting on DP for you guys ever again.

Clearly I touched a nerve - sorry to make you uncomfortable about your views.

Clearly I touched a nerve - sorry to make you uncomfortable about your views.

Oh, please. How many posts do I have in that forum?

I just can't believe some people are so constantly looking for a fight that they can't even enjoy a puppy. Good lord, grow a heart.

I just can't believe some people are so constantly looking for a fight that they can't even enjoy a puppy. Good lord, grow a heart.

LOL - as if I need any lessons in compassion, humanity, and assisting creatures less fortunate from the likes of you.

I very much enjoyed the puppy story - as someone who's had at least one dog in my life since I was five years old, I know all about caring for a sick or hurt dog and giving of my self and my time.

You telling someone else to grow a heart is truly laughable.

Unsubscribing now. Cool video though, YourStar.

Moderator's Warning:
I can't believe I had to thread ban people in a cute puppy thread! Seriously, stop being so argumentative and just enjoy the cuteness.

This is why we can't have nice things.

What's a "normal" life for a dog? Dogs live a ton of different ways. This pup obviously has a lot of people caring for him which is more than many perfectly fine dogs have (which is incredibly sad). I know you're going to want to be all cold hearted in this thread and say any dog that needs any medical care should just be shot or something but the bottom line is if you don't give a **** about this pup, who cares? If it's not your time or money it's not your call.

No, but it's an open thread on an open forum and I can comment on it whether you like it or not.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying puppies, I've got 4 dogs and I love them all, but people need to stop reacting emotionally to everything and think once in a while. If something horrible happened to any of my dogs, where they could never enjoy a normal life again, were in pain, or were unhappy, I'd have no problem whatsoever putting them down. There comes a point when it's just not good for you or for the animal to forcibly keep them alive.

The same goes for people BTW.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying puppies, I've got 4 dogs and I love them all, but people need to stop reacting emotionally to everything and think once in a while. If something horrible happened to any of my dogs, where they could never enjoy a normal life again, were in pain, or were unhappy, I'd have no problem whatsoever putting them down. There comes a point when it's just not good for you or for the animal to forcibly keep them alive.

Me neither. Been there, done that, with my own very old cat, and also with very sick rescues. But this lovely pup was no such case. He looks so much better in just 2 weeks.

I think people shouldn't be as quick to euthanize as they often are. A lot of treatable animals are put down because people simply don't care.

My boy Bugaboo was born bowlegged and was put on death row at the pound. My friend, one of my "Cat Ladies", who worked there at the timme took him home and kept him alive. Over time, his legs healed of their own accord.
BIBABOO.jpg

Me neither. Been there, done that, with my own very old cat, and also with very sick rescues. But this lovely pup was no such case. He looks so much better in just 2 weeks.

I think people shouldn't be as quick to euthanize as they often are. A lot of treatable animals are put down because people simply don't care.

I've been there too, when I felt there was nothing left to do. I would not have my dogs euthanized just because they get a little older and slower, or now need help getting onto the couch or start needing medical care a little more, all things, which I guess, make their lives less "normal".

Damn "quote notify". I really did unsubscribe.

Your Star, thanks for this story. It did make me tear up, and laugh at the puppy's success at being able to run and play on its own.

Those who had to turn it into an "abortion/life sucks/why bother" downer, may a nest of rabid bat fleas infest your nether regions. :2mad:

Last edited:

I think in this case it should be, stop thinking logically, and react emotionally once in a while. Nothing wrong with emotion.

I've been there too, when I felt there was nothing left to do. I would not have my dogs euthanized just because they get a little older and slower, or now need help getting onto the couch or start needing medical care a little more, all things, which I guess, make their lives less "normal".

Damn "quote notify". I really did unsubscribe.

Yeah. Hell, I built my swerving kitty a ramp. I'm a true blue cat lady. :lol:

I think it's ok for it to be less normal, as long as the new normal is still enjoyable. Maybe they're old and creaky, but the sun is still warm and naps are still peaceful and food is still tasty and whatever problems they have are being treated fairly well.

My kitty seemed to enjoy her bossy granny years. At least I hope so.

What's a "normal" life for a dog? Dogs live a ton of different ways. This pup obviously has a lot of people caring for him which is more than many perfectly fine dogs have (which is incredibly sad). I know you're going to want to be all cold hearted in this thread and say any dog that needs any medical care should just be shot or something but the bottom line is if you don't give a **** about this pup, who cares? If it's not your time or money it's not your call.

yeah, what he said.

Well **** a duck. You want to put down quadraplegics? How about paraplegics? Would working arms be ok as long as the legs were no good? Or vise versa? :lol: Sheesh, dude. You're harsh.

Agreed. I did a lot of small breed rescue for puppies that were sick, or weren't rehomeable, for whatever reason. I also took in a lot of heartworm-positive dogs. It's just a matter of getting them clean, getting them healthy and finding a proper home for them. It was MY time doing it, and it was MY money doing it, so it was MY business. :roll: Love how people tell you how you should spend your own time, and your own money.

Your Star, thanks for this story. It did make me tear up, and laugh at the puppy's success at being able to run and play on its own.

Those who had to turn it into an "abortion/life sucks/why bother" downer, may a nest of rabid bat fleas infest your nether regions. :2mad:

And may the flea killing shampoo be replaced with Tabasco sauce and battery acid.

Thanks for the thread YourStar.

I think in this case it should be, stop thinking logically, and react emotionally once in a while. Nothing wrong with emotion.

I would beg to differ, emotion not tempered with intelligence gets people into tons of trouble.

I would beg to differ, emotion not tempered with intelligence gets people into tons of trouble.

Yeah, crying and having a feel good moment about a cute puppy overcoming adversity gets people into REAL trouble.

Seriously, just enjoy things sometimes, and feel without overthinking everything.

Yeah, crying and having a feel good moment about a cute puppy overcoming adversity gets people into REAL trouble.

Seriously, just enjoy things sometimes, and feel without overthinking everything.

You're taking a general statement and trying to apply it only to one specific instance. The point still stands though. For the time, money and effort spent on this one dog, how many other dogs could have been saved which are now dead?

Back
Top Bottom