• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Preliminary Impeachment Hearings

One of the biggest crap shows I ever watched.

It was a complete waste of money and time.
I feel sorry for Cory having to sit through all that bull**** of badgering. Obviously the Dems were desperately trying to pin a charge of perjury against him whereupon the screws could be tighten for him to testify against Trump to save himself.

Pathetic! Absolutely!

It was fun watching Lewandowski play with the Democrats like a cat with a half-dead mouse:popcorn2:

I feel sorry for Cory having to sit through all that bull**** of badgering. Obviously the Dems were desperately trying to pin a charge of perjury against him whereupon the screws could be tighten for him to testify against Trump to save himself.

Pathetic! Absolutely!

Yup. It was a fishing expedition and Cory took those fish and bitch slapped every damn one of the Dems:lamo

Pathetic! Absolutely!

What you say is very true. The Dems in here are saying Lewan....is lying. But, what he really is doing is keeping out of perjury problems. Not to protect Trump or anyone else.

What you say is very true. The Dems in here are saying Lewan....is lying. But, what he really is doing is keeping out of perjury problems. Not to protect Trump or anyone else.
Ya know -- where I come from there's a saying : "S**t or get off the pot." All the Dems can muster is a fart.

Yup. It was a fishing expedition and Cory took those fish and bitch slapped every damn one of the Dems:lamo

It seems the idea of impeachment for Trump and Kavanaugh is ill conceived in that the precendent for impeachment involves behavior while in office. I guess the dems don't bother to find out things. It's fine with me for Nadler to go after those guys because all he will suceed in doing is getting Trumps base and a bunch of independents to come out to vote against the crazy left.

It seems the idea of impeachment for Trump and Kavanaugh is ill conceived in that the precendent for impeachment involves behavior while in office. I guess the dems don't bother to find out things. It's fine with me for Nadler to go after those guys because all he will suceed in doing is getting Trumps base and a bunch of independents to come out to vote against the crazy left.
Good point. And you know we can never accuse the Dems of being the sharpest crayon in the box.

Ya know -- where I come from there's a saying : "S**t or get off the pot." All the Dems can muster is a fart.

The Dems could eat a container ship full of beans and still muster only a small *squeak*

Good point. And you know we can never accuse the Dems of being the sharpest crayon in the box.

The Dems aren't even a full crayon. More like half a crayon.

The Dems aren't even a full crayon. More like half a crayon.
And you know what -- even my children were better at coloring inside the lines than them.

Got a match :toilet::flames:
The Dems would just try to p*ss on it. Just like they're doing with having these hearings. P*ssing in the wind.

A lot of far stretched allegation, along with so much speculation one could write a fantasy novel with all of it.

Almost a total waste of money at this point.

It's all Kabuki theater. I don't get the Dems' plan. It only plays to those entrenched in Trump hate. It does nothing for the independents and lets all of America see that the Democrats have been too occupied with destroying Trump than doing their jobs as legislators.

It was great. Corey Lewandowski admitted to being a liar. Admitted that he's proud that he's a liar. Admitted that he had a motive to deliver the message to Sessions because he was trying to get a job at the White House so he was doing Trump's bidding. Corey Lewandowsk acting like a tough guy until he got caught lying, then he did what a mobster would do and put the blame on someone else. Not one Republican on that panel cared to ask Corey Lewandowski one single question about the obstruction of justice. All they did was stall, call democrats names and clearly made no attempt at even appearance that they were doing their job.

The hearing proved that Corey Lewandowski is a liar and that Trump attempted to obstruct justice.

Score one for the left-team!

The Dems would just try to p*ss on it. Just like they're doing with having these hearings. P*ssing in the wind.

LOTS of splash back today:lamo

I watched the last few hours, and it was your basic **** show.

It was great. Corey Lewandowski admitted to being a liar. Admitted that he's proud that he's a liar. Admitted that he had a motive to deliver the message to Sessions because he was trying to get a job at the White House so he was doing Trump's bidding. Corey Lewandowsk acting like a tough guy until he got caught lying, then he did what a mobster would do and put the blame on someone else. Not one Republican on that panel cared to ask Corey Lewandowski one single question about the obstruction of justice. All they did was stall, call democrats names and clearly made no attempt at even appearance that they were doing their job.

The hearing proved that Corey Lewandowski is a liar and that Trump attempted to obstruct justice.

What hearings were you watching? The one about providing earpieces and eyeglasses to the deaf and blind?

Wasn't able to watch the whole event (and didn't have any popcorn handy when I did catch some of it) but sure did seem like a waste of my money.

How 'bout it gang -- What did you take away from the hearing?

My bad. Didn't see this thread.

Did Lewandowski's testimony today suggest Trump attempted to obstruct justice?

Nevermind. :)

He proves the old adage, you’ll never go broke underestimating the American people. His committee is a sham designed to create sound bites for the corrupt MSM/DNC press.

He can’t get an actual impeachment committee because he needs a majority vote in the House and the votes are not there.

Last edited:
I've asked a couple of times (in the other thread) why the Dems don't move forward with impeachment proceedings if they're convinced that Trump is guilty. So far I haven't gotten an answer. Imagine that!

... 1. Berke forced Lewandowski to acknowledge that when he said on national television multiple times he would “voluntarily” appear before special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, that was false. Berke demonstrated Lewandowski also lied when he said on TV he had not been asked to testify. Lewandowski asserted he had no obligation to tell the media (and the public) the truth.

2. Berke made plain that Lewandowski took the Fifth and refused to testify for the special counsel unless granted immunity. He also showed Lewandowski clips of him publicly stating that when you take the Fifth, you’ve done something wrong.

3. Berke established that before asking Lewandowski to take a message to then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the White House just so happened to dangle a White House job before him.

4. Berke established that Lewandowski was absolutely loyal to Trump yet never delivered the message.

5. Berke also established that Lewandowski wanted to have a private meeting with Sessions so there would be no record.

In short, Berke made perfectly clear that Lewandowski’s actions (refusing to deliver Trump’s instructions, demanding immunity, lying on TV, creating no record) demonstrated he knew he was being asked to do something wrong or illegal.
Now, that doesn’t show Trump thought he was doing something illegal, but Berke did underscore a finding of the Mueller report(which few read) that Trump instructed Lewandowski to talk to Sessions to curtail the Russia investigation. This is one of the clearest instances of obstruction, one that Mueller found met all the elements of the crime of obstruction. And along the way, Berke demonstrated that Lewandowski, who declared his candidacy for the U.S. Senate, is a habitual liar who thinks nothing of lying publicly as long as he is not under oath.

... It’s also obvious why Trump is pulling out all the stops to prevent the testimony of former White House counsel Donald McGahn, who is witness to much more damning evidence documented in the Mueller report. Even without McGahn, there already are two simple, easy-to-understand grounds for impeachment:

Article I: Trump used a private intermediary to instruct Sessions to stop investigating Trump and Trump’s campaign.

Article II: Trump repeatedly instructed witnesses not to cooperate with Congress’s investigation of potential impeachable acts without any legal basis.

Hey, not bad for one afternoon. ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-then-real-lawyer-showed-up/#comments-wrapper

Back
Top Bottom