• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pregnant Woman Killed By Family

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Marry the wrong person in Pakistan, and your mother may just come along and drag you off to your death by pulling you from a maternity clinic, so your brother can slit your throat back at the house.

Pakistan: Pregnant woman killed by disapproving family, police say - CNN.com

In the first five months of 2016, Pakistan reported 212 so-called honor killings by family members, according to the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan. These killings included 50 men and 38 minors.

Yeay for the religion of peace.

Last edited:
Marry the wrong person in Pakistan, and your mother may just come along and drag you off to your death by pulling you from a maternity clinic, so your brother can slit your throat back at the house.

well ignorance abounds and danger too...I have heard similar stories before

but this story clearly demonstrates that there are some within the religion who are peaceful....it's those of peace that we need to cultivate and protect

can't do that if we put on blinders and lump everyone together

but this story clearly demonstrates that there are some within the religion who are peaceful....it's those of peace that we need to cultivate and protect

I'd say that there is a rotten core when over 200 people are murdered for "honor" within 5 months. Something obviously encourages this line of thinking. I have no doubt it comes from the same school of thought that encourages people to strap bombs to their chest and blow up a market place or hurl gay people off of roof tops.

There's a lot more honor killings in India- which is predominantly Hindu. Honor killings also occur in Albania, Brazil, etc. so its more of a cultural than religious aspect.

Only a while back similar things happened in parts of Europe.

There's a lot more honor killings in India- which is predominantly Hindu. Honor killings also occur in Albania, Brazil, etc. so its more of a cultural than religious aspect.

:roll:

Honor killings are a family collaboration. Worldwide, two-thirds of the victims were killed by their families of origin. (See Table 1). Murder by the family of origin was at its highest (72 percent) in the Muslim world and at its lowest in North America (49 percent)

Worldwide Trends in Honor Killings :: Middle East Quarterly

Yeah it's pretty ****ing **** isn't it how backward and revolting some of the behaviour is in the world isn't it.

What do you suggest be done to attempt to address these instances Calamity? In the meantime, perhaps you could petition your local representatives and campaign for assylum and awareness programmes of how to seek international help to escape for those who may be fearful that they could be subjected to such henious crimes.

Yeah it's pretty ****ing **** isn't it how backward and revolting some of the behaviour is in the world isn't it.

What do you suggest be done to attempt to address these instances Calamity? In the meantime, perhaps you could petition your local representatives and campaign for assylum and awareness programmes of how to seek international help to escape for those who may be fearful that they could be subjected to such henious crimes.

My solution would be to discourage backward religions and traditions by speaking out against it and shaming those who perpetuate such atrocities. In other words, making honor killings dishonorable.

By most people's standards, that would be considered "evil."

Not in cultures that use the method to enforce societal stability. In them the evil is the girl's behavior. And it is not quite so different, when one may shoot a person to safeguard one's property. And in Texas I believe to remember it was legal to shoot a wife caught copulating in one's house only a short while ago. Also, we are as a society willing to execute people well knowing that some are blameless. Many out there in the world think we are committing mass murder at an industrial level the way we allow abortion.

Killing people is not nice. Certainly not. But different cultures condone it in different ways and for differing crimes and reasons.

My solution would be to discourage backward religions and traditions by speaking out against it and shaming those who perpetuate such atrocities. In other words, making honor killings dishonorable.

Well giddy up and get off your ass and get over there and start campaigning loudly for the knuckle draggers to stop. Contact your representatives and ask them to be more outspoken. Do something productive. If you think anyone who engages in that despicable behaviour is reading your posts here and seeing your lazy outrage then your kidding yourself.

Good luck.

What do you suggest be done to attempt to address these instances Calamity?

I believe the traditional answer is that we should use drones to kill them so they don't have the chance to kill each other.

If you do your out speaking here you'll be fine. Do it there you might break a law and find yourself trashed. ;)

Would you risk being lynched to speak out?

I believe the traditional answer is that we should use drones to kill them so they don't have the chance to kill each other.

USA is already doing that in the ME.Letting muslims kill each other is an imperialist habit

bad things come from putting your religion before your family, with honor killings be a worst case example of it.

If you do your out speaking here you'll be fine. Do it there you might break a law and find yourself trashed. ;)

Would you risk being lynched to speak out?

I'd have been lynched 20 years ago,if I even made it that far.

Looks to be like HK's are an epidemic in Pakistan. And, men are most certainly not immune.

Irshad had married Mussarat Bibi, the daughter of a rich local agricultural family, about an year ago and fled as he feared his in-laws would kill him, but he had returned to see his parents, the police chief said.

A manhunt had been launched to find Irshad's in-laws, who remained at large, he added.

Last week 16 year-old Zeenat Bibi was killed in Lahore by her mother for marrying a man of her own choice in a case that sparked condemnation throughout the country.

It was swiftly followed by another killing, of a couple in Lahore who married without their family's consent.
Husband murdered in rare male Pakistan 'honour killing' - Khaleej Times

I'd have been lynched 20 years ago,if I even made it that far.

Looks to be like HK's are an epidemic in Pakistan. And, men are most certainly not immune.

HKs? Not sure I understand the term.

Well giddy up and get off your ass and get over there and start campaigning loudly for the knuckle draggers to stop. Contact your representatives and ask them to be more outspoken. Do something productive. If you think anyone who engages in that despicable behaviour is reading your posts here and seeing your lazy outrage then your kidding yourself.

Good luck.

I guess my part is just trying to get the Leftists to even admit that there is a problem. Too many here spend their energies defending a religion which is rotten to the core and not enough condemning it. Of course, for some reason, they have no trouble condemning Christianity. But, say a bad word about Islam, and you are labeled "Islamophobic."

I guess my part is just trying to get the Leftists to even admit that there is a problem. Too many here spend their energies defending a religion which is rotten to the core and not enough condemning it. Of course, for some reason, they have no trouble condemning Christianity. But, say a bad word about Islam, and you are labeled "Islamophobic."

I criricize radical islam too but nobody called me islamophobic..

That's just incomprehensible. She killed her daughter and grand daughter with the help of her son for honor? The cultural divide between us and people who condone that sort of thing is simply too wide to be bridged.

Back
Top Bottom