• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pregnant Woman Killed By Family

I criricize radical islam too but nobody called me islamophobic..

I read an interesting opinion piece the other day where a gay guy went on a rant about no longer being tolerant of religious haters and his intention to return the hate. Comments to the article led by calling him Islamophobic. This, even though he never mentioned Islam by name. Funny how that worked out.

That's just incomprehensible. She killed her daughter and grand daughter with the help of her son for honor? The cultural divide between us and people who condone that sort of thing is simply too wide to be bridged.

Absolutely mind-boggling. I know.

How this is considered "honor" blows my mind. It's one of those deep mysteries.

I read an interesting opinion piece the other day where a gay guy went on a rant about no longer being tolerant of religious haters and his intention to return the hate. Comments to the article led by calling him Islamophobic. This, even though he never mentioned Islam by name. Funny how that worked out.

I believe not all of you know much about this religion ,it seems you never read Quran either.That is why you can not distinguish what is written in this book and how the islamists interpret this .

Not in cultures that use the method to enforce societal stability. In them the evil is the girl's behavior. And it is not quite so different, when one may shoot a person to safeguard one's property. And in Texas I believe to remember it was legal to shoot a wife caught copulating in one's house only a short while ago. Also, we are as a society willing to execute people well knowing that some are blameless. Many out there in the world think we are committing mass murder at an industrial level the way we allow abortion.

Killing people is not nice. Certainly not. But different cultures condone it in different ways and for differing crimes and reasons.

Texas and other states did have what were called "paramour laws" back in the day, that day being pre-Civil War in Texas. I just Googled to learn that this "heat of passion" crime was codified as Article 1220 of the 1865-1857 Penal Code. It was repealed in 1974. Legislative Reference Library | Collections | Codes of 1856

From Eugene Volokh/The Volokh Conspiracies 2007 :

Until 1974, when it was repealed, [a] Texas statute provided:

Homicide is justifiable when committed by the husband upon one taken in the act of adultery with the wife, provided the killing take place before the parties to the act have separated. Such circumstance cannot justify a homicide where it appears that there has been, on the part of the husband, any connivance in or assent to the adulterous connection.

... Although an early case established that the statute permitted the husband to kill his wife as well as her paramour, Texas courts criticized this interpretation and reversed it the following decade [in 1925]. Furthermore, Texas judges refused to extend the statute to permit a wife to kill her husband's paramour. Under the Texas statute, the injury to the paramour was only justifiable when inflicted with the intent to kill [as opposed to, in one case, castrate]....
The Volokh Conspiracy - The Unwritten Law, Written:

Texas and other states did have what were called "paramour laws" back in the day, that day being pre-Civil War in Texas. I just Googled to learn that this "heat of passion" crime was codified as Article 1220 of the 1865-1857 Penal Code. It was repealed in 1974. Legislative Reference Library | Collections | Codes of 1856

From Eugene Volokh/The Volokh Conspiracies 2007 :

Until 1974, when it was repealed, [a] Texas statute provided:

Homicide is justifiable when committed by the husband upon one taken in the act of adultery with the wife, provided the killing take place before the parties to the act have separated. Such circumstance cannot justify a homicide where it appears that there has been, on the part of the husband, any connivance in or assent to the adulterous connection.

... Although an early case established that the statute permitted the husband to kill his wife as well as her paramour, Texas courts criticized this interpretation and reversed it the following decade [in 1925]. Furthermore, Texas judges refused to extend the statute to permit a wife to kill her husband's paramour. Under the Texas statute, the injury to the paramour was only justifiable when inflicted with the intent to kill [as opposed to, in one case, castrate]....
The Volokh Conspiracy - The Unwritten Law, Written:

Well....Texas. It's not like the mentality there is all that far removed from that of Pakistan.

Honor Killings

Ah. They have been a little out of style in Italy and Greece and there haven't been many in the Turkish community in Germany of late, but fashions change. Just make sure you don't get in trouble in Pakistan. It would be a calamity. ;)

I believe not all of you know much about this religion ,it seems you never read Quran either.That is why you can not distinguish what is written in this book and how the islamists interpret this .

What I've read in the Quran and Bible quickly told me not to take those books literally.

Yeah it's pretty ****ing **** isn't it how backward and revolting some of the behaviour is in the world isn't it.

What do you suggest be done to attempt to address these instances Calamity? In the meantime, perhaps you could petition your local representatives and campaign for assylum and awareness programmes of how to seek international help to escape for those who may be fearful that they could be subjected to such henious crimes.

If it happens in the US, they need to arrest anybody that had knowledge of the act before it happened and did nothing to stop it. That would include any clergy.

USA is already doing that in the ME.Letting muslims kill each other is an imperialist habit

How is the US letting anybody do anything.

Muslims killing Muslims has been happening for thousands of years, long before the US was in existence.

USA is already doing that in the ME.Letting muslims kill each other is an imperialist habit

Pot, meet kettle - Ever heard of the Ottoman Empire, or a guy named Recep Tayyip Erdoğan that's trying to rebuild it?

I guess my part is just trying to get the Leftists to even admit that there is a problem. Too many here spend their energies defending a religion which is rotten to the core and not enough condemning it. Of course, for some reason, they have no trouble condemning Christianity. But, say a bad word about Islam, and you are labeled "Islamophobic."

Leftists defend a religion that is out to kill them. I find that hilariously foolish. Almost to the point of they get what they deserve. The Orlando killer is a good example of the leftist mindset. The guy a registered dem and Islamic terrorist, kills 50 people. What does the left do? They blames GOP'ers and guns. ROTFL not the guy who did the killings.

You cannot make leftists admit there is a problem. They have to come to that conclusion themselves. A fair portion of Americans have common sense and learn from mistakes. Not so true with the left.

Islam is to blame. Their death cult religion needs to be revamped before a lot of people die because of it.

Leftists defend a religion that is out to kill them. I find that hilariously foolish. Almost to the point of they get what they deserve. The Orlando killer is a good example of the leftist mindset. The guy a registered dem and Islamic terrorist, kills 50 people. What does the left do? They blames GOP'ers and guns. ROTFL not the guy who did the killings.

You cannot make leftists admit there is a problem. They have to come to that conclusion themselves. A fair portion of Americans have common sense and learn from mistakes. Not so true with the left.

Islam is to blame. Their death cult religion needs to be revamped before a lot of people die because of it.

The Muslim defenders should just plan their next vacation to include visits to Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Pakistan.

Honor killings are a family collaboration. Worldwide, two-thirds of the victims were killed by their families of origin. (See Table 1). Murder by the family of origin was at its highest (72 percent) in the Muslim world and at its lowest in North America (49 percent)

Worldwide Trends in Honor Killings :: Middle East Quarterly
:roll:

An anti-Muslim conservative blog? Seriously? :doh

Honour Killings By Region

According to this many honor killings are under reported in India so the fact that you seem to ignore anything outside of the notion that only Muslims do it debunks your OP.

The Muslim defenders should just plan their next vacation to include visits to Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Pakistan.

I've ask leftists before, but they have yet to answer it. I don't think they are able actually. But the question goes like this...If what the left says is true, Islamic terrorists and their supporters are very few, where is this vast number of good muslims at? Are they hiding somewhere? Taking that day off? Where are they and why aren't they in front of the tv cameras on a daily basis speaking out against Islamic terror?

Ah. They have been a little out of style in Italy and Greece and there haven't been many in the Turkish community in Germany of late, but fashions change. Just make sure you don't get in trouble in Pakistan. It would be a calamity. ;)

we forgot kurds ? why do we forget their traditional honor killings ? we just remember them to divide turkey !!!!!!!!!!!if there is no kurd ,no problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!we should be honest.I dont regard them as another nation,many of you do that but suddenly forget their backward honor killings!!!

Not every turkish citizen is called turk by many of you but you like putting all the blame on TURKS!

What I've read in the Quran and Bible quickly told me not to take those books literally.

So many muslims dont already do that but please,we all know none of you read it

How is the US letting anybody do anything.

Muslims killing Muslims has been happening for thousands of years, long before the US was in existence.

So you agree with that post ?

Pot, meet kettle - Ever heard of the Ottoman Empire, or a guy named Recep Tayyip Erdoğan that's trying to rebuild it?

We know it is impossible,lets stay on topic now

And right wing bigots who agree with allying with those countries

You agree with killing them ?you seem to agree with that idea ? HAHAH the post you need to criticize is not mine

I was merely questioning your post about LETTING Muslims kill each other. What should be done to stop Muslims from killing each other?

I was merely questioning your post about LETTING Muslims kill each other. What should be done to stop Muslims from killing each other?

You dont question the post that advises us to kill them ?

Marry the wrong person in Pakistan, and your mother may just come along and drag you off to your death by pulling you from a maternity clinic, so your brother can slit your throat back at the house.

Pakistan: Pregnant woman killed by disapproving family, police say - CNN.com

Yeay for the religion of peace.

I'm not sure, but I think honor killings are illegal in Pakistan. I think we should remember that AND realize that we have countless more murders per capita than THAT country.

Nonetheless, IMO, I don't think we should have any diplomatic relations with ANY country that sanctions honor killings. Terrible.

Back
Top Bottom