• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pregnant Soldiers to be Courtmartialed

If a soldier is married and wants a child they have that right. This order to court martial pregnant female soldiers is unconstitutional and will eventually fall. The author of this idea, like most unpopular officers, will be forced to retire.

You lose many of your rights upon entering the military. They can make you cut your hair, jump out of an airplane, and charge into machine gun fire and barbed wire. That isn't to say that soldiers have no rights at all , but they may lose some in order to perform their duties more effectively.

You lose many of your rights upon entering the military. They can make you cut your hair, jump out of an airplane, and charge into machine gun fire and barbed wire. That isn't to say that soldiers have no rights at all , but they may lose some in order to perform their duties more effectively.

I'm not sure they can control women's reproductive rights, though.
Vader may have a point.
I think ultimately this is going to be found unconstitutional.

Last edited:

Military personnell do not lose their right to consort with their spouse. General Jackoff needs to lose his stars and be dishonorably discharged.

Vader may have a point.

It will end with that officer being sacrificed to save the Army's tarnished image. He's a disgrace and he will be treated as such.

If men could get pregnant there'd be a lot of pregnant men in the military. Lol.

FYI, military members don't have constitutional rights. You give them up when you sign. You're at the mercy of Uncle Sam.

Vader may have a point.

The military can control pretty much whatever is needed in order to accomplish the mission. Considering they have the power to basically kill you, I don't see why pregnancy is somehow more special. The right to being alive is the most basic right there is, and if that is negotiable, so is everything else.

If the father is also in the military, does he get a court-martial too?

The military can control pretty much whatever is needed in order to accomplish the mission. Considering they have the power to basically kill you, I don't see why pregnancy is somehow more special. The right to being alive is the most basic right there is, and if that is negotiable, so is everything else.

I actually disagree with you on two counts: that "the right to being alive is the most basic right there is" (I don't believe there is any such right, and I believe that the right to bodily sovereignty is the most fundamental human right, from which all others stem), and that the military "has the power to basically kill you".
I mean, they may have the power to; everybody has the power to basically kill anybody. We're all just sacks of blood and crap ultimately, easily dispatched if somebody takes a mind to dispatch us.
So yes, they have the power to kill you, just like I have the power to kill my next door neighbor, or some random stranger, or anybody I feel like killing.
But they don't have the right to.
And if they ever tried it, and admitted it openly, the backlash would bring this country to its knees.

But they don't have the right to.
And if they ever tried it, and admitted it openly, the backlash would bring this country to its knees.

The military can legally order you to undertake actions that will very likely result in you getting killed. For example, being the first wave in a bayonet charge into no-mans land. From a statistical perspective, you probably had a better survival chance of being stabbed or shot by a mugger back home than being stuck as a point-man in Vietnam. That man could be drafted against his will, put into the infantry against his will, made point man against his will and face prison time if he refused. If you can require a man face death or prison, pregnancy or court-martial is far-less extreme by comparison.

And you would be wrong.

The military DOES NOT have the authority to govern procreation. This is going to be an issue wherin the Army gets a black eye because the backwards stupidy of an ignorant ass they promoted to General.

If a soldier is married and wants a child they have that right. This order to court martial pregnant female soldiers is unconstitutional and will eventually fall. The author of this idea, like most unpopular officers, will be forced to retire.

The issue is not about the decision to have children. This rule is only in effect in the combat theatre.

And there are regulations against having sex in a combat theatre. I just returned from a deployment a few months ago, and knew 3 different people that were punished for having sex in theatre. One of them was female, and she got punished twice. The first was for being caught in a guy's room. Then 4 months later she was discovered to be 2 months pregnant. So obviously she not only ignored the regulations and the fact she had already been punished, she did it again without protection.

The guy in the first incident was punished also. She would not say who the guy was in the second incident (but it is commonly known it is the same guy). This gal was a fast-riser too, making Staff Sergeant in less then 6 years. Now she is just another Specialst, and her career is effectively over.

And it was a hardship to others in her unit, because once she was found to be pregnant, she was immediately sent home. This meant one less person in her section.

FYI, military members don't have constitutional rights. You give them up when you sign. You're at the mercy of Uncle Sam.

As a sailor, I can tell you, this is not correct.

As a sailor, I can tell you, this is not correct.

I don't remember having constitutional rights in the Marine Corps. :)

I don't remember having constitutional rights in the Marine Corps. :)

We DID not forfit our constitutional rights when he join the service. We have the right to procreate whether some backwards, corrupt, star-wearing asshole likes it or not.

We DID not forfit our constitutional rights when he join the service. We have the right to procreate whether some backwards, corrupt, star-wearing asshole likes it or not.

Yes, but not in theater. How many times have you seen chicks get pregnant on purpose just to get out of a deployment or come home from one.

I'm against the way the military treats people like **** in many ways but this here is a good thing.

I would not have a problem if female soldiers agreed before enlisting to submit to Norplant or Depo-Provera injections or the insertion of an IUD before a deployment, and for the duration of the deployment.
I mean, I would not have a problem with the military making that a condition of enlistment; as long as women had a choice, even if the choice was "Agree to this or don't enlist."

Perhaps before enlisting, male soldiers should also be required to agree to the insertion of Vas-Clips during deployments. This acts as a temporary, reversible vasectomy; it's basically a clip that closes off the vas deferens, and can later be removed without causing permanent damage or sterility.
It's true this is rather invasive (it requires minor surgery, both to insert it and again to remove it), but the above-listed contraceptives for females are also pretty invasive, and the side effects may be debilitating for some people (ie, heavy, painful, and continuous periods).

If the military is really serious about it, maybe they should make these things a condition of enlistment.
At least that would separate the halfhearted potential recruits from the truly dedicated.

Saltpeter supply running low?

Well, you know what they say, you can't stop love.

Unholy thread necro!!!

Back
Top Bottom