• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pregnant people

Good4Nothin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I was wondering about "pregnant people," which you see mentioned on the CDC website, for example. Does that mean that men can be pregnant now? So I googled it, and found out what it means. A woman could feel that she is really a man, and call herself a man. But since she is biologically female, she can still get pregnant.

Therefore, saying "pregnant women" is insulting to pregnant women who call themselves men.

Does all that make sense to you? If it does, you fit right in, in this increasingly crazy world.

Woke is fun, huh?

I was wondering about "pregnant people," which you see mentioned on the CDC website, for example. Does that mean that men can be pregnant now? So I googled it, and found out what it means. A woman could feel that she is really a man, and call herself a man. But since she is biologically female, she can still get pregnant.

Therefore, saying "pregnant women" is insulting to pregnant women who call themselves men.

Does all that make sense to you? If it does, you fit right in, in this increasingly crazy world.
Desperately searching for something to be outraged about?

Alternate thread title: “My life life in a perpetual culture war bubble.”

Desperately searching for something to be outraged about?

So I guess your answer is "yes," you think a pregnant woman can be a man if she says she is a man.

More precisely, saying "pregnant women" is a little exclusive of pregnant females whose social gender is that of men.

Of course, there's not likely to be many folk - even within the extremely small sample size of trans men who happen to be pregnant - who would be upset or "insulted" by a generalization on the CDC website using 'pregnant women.' That would be a super-sensitive reaction, wouldn't it? Almost as sensitive as people who may or may not be pregnant and may or may not identify online as 'female' who get so upset about inclusiveness towards "pregnant people" that they feel compelled to start a political thread about it on an international forum! But I suppose some folk are just more sensitive than others and, in the long run, if we are at least all civil towards each other that's okay ❤️

Nothing is crazy just because you can't grasp it.

Albert Einstein: explores the nature of the universe

Mahatma Ghandhi: creates freedom through non-violence

Good4Nothing: “Hey let’s talk about about pregnant people.”

Indeed, these are the great matters of our time.

If it makes you feel better call whomever whatever you want, just don’t be offended when someone calls you something you may not want to be called.

I can understand how you feel but as for myself, I just go with the flow.

I saw this on the CDC website. That means our central government goes along with a flow that is truly nutty. Not that I care. I just think it's hysterical.

Transphobic post is transphobic.

If it makes you feel better call whomever whatever you want, just don’t be offended when someone calls you something you may not want to be called.

Mrs. Chillfolks is correct. She makes a good point. I hope more people think like her.

Why does how other people "feel"about themselves personally concern you so much. Would you like to be told how to "feel"?

"Dead Horse" rodeo - give it up already.

Dagnamit I heard a kid say "yeet" how dare they use words different than me I am angry at this

Mrs. Chillfolks is correct. She makes a good point. I hope more people think like her.
Just don’t be offended if your called something you don’t want if you’re willing to call others names.

Just don’t be offended if your called something you don’t want if you’re willing to call others names.

Exactly Mrs Chillfolks. You have it exactly right. Ma’am, I commend you. Everyone please follow her example. She is a beacon of intelligence.

ITT: people are offended by words because of transphobia.

You know what doesn't "make sense" to me? Why anyone would go out of their way to obsess about, attack, smear, demonize, denigrate, and generally stomp all over a tiny minority that has been historically targeted and is no threat whatsoever to them.

Gender dysphoria is a serious condition. It doesn't make sense to you because you do not have it. If you don't have it, you cannot possibly understand what it would mean to be biologically one sex but feel certain that you are another; the experience is simply unimaginable. Why attack them? It doesn't make sense, not any more than pointing and laughing at someone in a wheel chair.

Actually it does make sense given all the ugliness and evil I've seen in humanity. I just wish it didn't make sense why you would do it.

Some people go out of their way to attack, demonize, denigrate, and generally victimize an already-targeted population. Here's chillfolks to tell us that if we have a problem with that, we are not allowed to "be offended" if the same group of people then attacks us, too.

Because....errr... reasons? What?

How bizarrely irrational. This is why hate groups generally don't try publishing papers in philosophy journals arguing in favor of their hate-based ideology.

Last edited:

Yes, it is called inclusive language. Society no longer sees gender and sex as the same thing. Gender is about social expression and psychology, Sex is about ones sex chromosomes and genitals. Man/Woman, He/She are gender markings rather than biological markings.

You know what doesn't "make sense" to me? Why anyone would go out of their way to obsess about, attack, smear, demonize, denigrate, and generally stomp all over a tiny minority that has been historically targeted and is no threat whatsoever to them.

Gender dysphoria is a serious condition. It doesn't make sense to you because you do not have it. If you don't have it, you cannot possibly understand what it would mean to be biologically one sex but feel certain that you are another; the experience is simply unimaginable. Why attack them? It doesn't make sense, not any more than pointing and laughing at someone in a wheel chair.

Actually it does make sense given all the ugliness and evil I've seen in humanity. I just wish it didn't make sense why you would do it.
Exactly. Let people live the life they want. If they want to identify as a cultural man, let them. Pronouns are trivial to me, but means the world to a transgender and non-binary person.

Consider this: These people get so upset about transgender pronouns, but are dead silent when it comes to (a) people using gender pronouns for their car/boat/golf club/pool cues (b) A couple adopting a child, and calling that child their son or daughter.

Back
Top Bottom