• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pregnant Migrant Scales Border Wall, Gives Birth in US

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The following is a report from Fox News morning show this morning 12/06/18

Apparently a pregnant Honduran woman climbed over the wall in Tiajuana to Imperial Beach CA, and was arrested. A couple of days later she had a baby and was released into the country.

She stated her goal was to join her family in Columbus OH, and having a baby on US soil was "a big reward for the long journey in the caravan."

The Asian-American commentator, herself a child of LEGAL Immigrants, rightly states "That is the achor baby problem."

I agree that the 14 Amendment has been completely perverted by the idea that all you need to do to jump the Immigration line is to have a baby on US soil, which then "anchors" you ahead of all other potential immigrants.

I hope the SCOTUS finally clarifies the issue, if Congress does not do it by law.

(Please don't cite United States v. Wong Kim Ark, as IMO the basis for that decision was the fact the Chinese parents were LEGAL alien resident's present by treaty to reside in the US, and thus their native-born son was "subject to the jurisdiction thereof").

Illegal migrants are citizens of a foreign nation present without permission, and remain subjects of that foreign nation (which is why they can be deported). International law allows foreign citizens to be punished by the nations they are "visiting" if they violate the laws of that nation, so trying to argue this refer to what "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" means, is IMHO a stretch.

The law should prevent such misinterpretation of birthright citizenship, as the commentator states almost unique aside from the US and Canada in the industrialized world, and that would stifle this "rush" to the borders of such line-jumpers.

I guess we'll have to see how SCOTUS deals with it since Congress refuses to do so.

Last edited:
She should have the choice of abandoning her child for her deportation OR be deported with her child - her choice.

Apparently a pregnant Honduran woman climbed over the wall in Tiajuana to Imperial Beach CA, and was arrested. A couple of days later she had a baby and was released into the country.

She stated her goal was to join her family in Columbus OH, and having a baby on US soil was "a big reward for the long journey in the caravan."

The Asian-American, herself a child of LEGAL Immigrants, rightly states "That is the achor baby problem."

I agree that the 14 Amendment has been completely perverted by the idea that all you need to do to jump the Immigration line is to have a baby on US soil, which then "anchors" you ahead of all other potential immigrants.

I hope the SCOTUS finally clarifies the issue, if Congress does not do it by law.

(Please don't cite United States v. Wong Kim Ark, as IMO the basis for that decision was the fact the Chinese parents were LEGAL alien resident's present by treaty to reside in the US, and thus both they and the native-born son were "subject to the jurisdiction thereof"

Illegal migrants are citizens of a foreign nation present without permission, but subjects of a foreign nation (which is why they can be deported.) International law allows foreign citizens to be punished by the nations they are "visiting" if they violate the laws of that nation, so trying to argue this is what "subject to the jurisdiction thereof," is IMHO a stretch.

The law should prevent such misinterpretation of birthright citizenship, as the commentator states almost unique aside from Canada in the industrialized world, and that would stifle this "rush" to the borders of such line-jumpers.

I guess we'll have to see how SCOTUS deals with it since Congress refuses to do so.

She's about to give birth and she climbs a border wall.
Ohyeah, a wall will work. Git 'er done!

She should have the choice of abandoning her child for her deportation OR be deported with her child - her choice.

You'd deport the mother of an American? What will you do with the child?

latest

That's superhuman 'git er done'.

The Asian-American commentator, herself a child of LEGAL Immigrants, rightly states "That is the achor baby problem."

(Please don't cite United States v. Wong Kim Ark, as IMO the basis for that decision was the fact the Chinese parents were LEGAL alien resident's present by treaty to reside in the US, and thus their native-born son was "subject to the jurisdiction thereof").

Illegal migrants are citizens of a foreign nation present without permission, and remain subjects of that foreign nation (which is why they can be deported). International law allows foreign citizens to be punished by the nations they are "visiting" if they violate the laws of that nation, so trying to argue this refer to what "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" means, is IMHO a stretch.

The law should prevent such misinterpretation of birthright citizenship, as the commentator states almost unique aside from the US and Canada in the industrialized world, and that would stifle this "rush" to the borders of such line-jumpers.

It's obvious that even if someone steps forward to clarify what the 14th should even stand for. That there will be no end to the line of people trying to wrench it back into this little pigeon hole that it has been occupying for so long.

We need more of those genes in our gene pool

Maybe there's something to the brown supremacy movement. Where you gonna find a white woman climbing a wall two days before birth. Perhaps Black Friday at the Gap, but I doubt it.

The woman should be deported and can take her child with her back to Honduras. Giving birth in America earns her no special rights to stay.
She could always relinquish her American-Honduran child to her OH. relatives if she thinks it would be better for her child, assuming they are here legally.

So a wall couldn’t even stop a pregnant woman at full term? While I am not in principle opposed to a Constitutional Amendment ending birthright citizenship, that lady is kind of badass.

Maybe there's something to the brown supremacy movement. Where you gonna find a white woman climbing a wall two days before birth. Perhaps Black Friday at the Gap, but I doubt it.

So much for Caucasians being a "superior race." :lol:

So much for Caucasians being a "superior race." :lol:

We had dozens of people with gear and a wall. Pregnant about to burst says, "hold my beer".

Eastern europe.

It's not a race thing, it's an american thing.

Eastern europe.

It's not a race thing, it's an american thing.

I haven't checked youtube for 'black friday the gap pregnant' yet.

This is why we need a real wall instead of a lousy fence.

Yes.She is an illegal alien. The child can either go with her, go to relatives that are here legally or she can put the child up for adoption. Heck some states have a kin ship foster child program where friends of the family can foster the child, not just relatives. Breaking into the country and popping out a child should afford her no special privileges.

I dont know which immigrant is more resourceful or determined - this pregnant woman who climbed over the wall, or the immigrant who climbed all over Trumps body.

Another future Democrat voter and it's mom.

im fine with the kid being as citizen and the woman living hear hell i was just born hear myself

It's obvious that even if someone steps forward to clarify what the 14th should even stand for. That there will be no end to the line of people trying to wrench it back into this little pigeon hole that it has been occupying for so long.

your dam right

So a wall couldn’t even stop a pregnant woman at full term? While I am not in principle opposed to a Constitutional Amendment ending birthright citizenship, that lady is kind of badass.
A fence couldn't stop a determined alien.
Time for a wall.

By the language used in the Constitution, the child is not a citizen.

We need more of those genes in our gene pool
We need more of those genes that would disrespect our nation's boarders and risk their child's life climbing such a fence? No we certainly do not. That is exactly the kind we do not need.

Back
Top Bottom