• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Predictions.

Jay59

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This thread is not for dialogue. This is for prediction of the actual outcome in November. Copy the template and fill in the blank.

House
Current numbers--232 Democrat, 198 Republican, 4 vacant

Popular vote: __% Democrat, __% Republican

Final Count: ___ Democrat, ___ Republican

Senate
Current numbers--47 Democrat, 53 Republican, 0 vacant

Give it your best shot.

House

Final Count: __243_ Democrat, _192__ Republican

Senate

Final Count: __50_ Democrat, __50_ Republican

McSally loses her Guv appointed Senate (McCain) seat to Kelly after losing her bid to win the other (Kyl) Senate seat to Sinema.

Whuta loser.

House

Final Count: _245_ Democrat, _190_ Republican

Senate

Final Count: _52_ Democrat (and Independent,) _48_ Republican

# of times Trump flips out and appeals to Twitter assuming he is still President
100-120 times per day about Congress alone.

House Final Count: 240 Democrat, 195 Republican
Senate Final Count: 51 Democrat, 49 Republican

House
Republicans pick up Seats in Washington, Oregon and Illinois, even though the states go to Biden.

Final Count: 208 Democrat, 226 Republican

Senate
Democrats pick up Colorado, Republicans pick up Alabama and Michigan.

Final Count: 46 Democrat, 54 Republican

House
Republicans pick up Seats in Washington, Oregon and Illinois, even though the states go to Biden.

Final Count: 208 Democrat, 226 Republican

Senate
Democrats pick up Colorado, Republicans pick up Alabama and Michigan.

Final Count: 46 Democrat, 54 Republican

that's way too generous to the Republicans.

House, Democrats 232 republican 202.

Senate. Demcrates pick up Maine, Colorado, Arizona North Carolina
Republican get Alabama.

50/50

I think the a Republicans will maintain the majority in the senate. Probably by three seats. I think the Democrats will hold the house of reps but with a much smaller majority.

that's way too generous to the Republicans.

House, Democrats 232 republican 202.

Senate. Demcrates pick up Maine, Colorado, Arizona North Carolina
Republican get Alabama.

50/50
You are predicting a Biden win and these numbers are consistent with that. I am predicting a Trump landslide, so the Democrats have problems down ballot.

This thread is not for dialogue. This is for prediction of the actual outcome in November. Copy the template and fill in the blank.

House

Senate

Give it your best shot.

House

Final Count: 240 Democrat, 195 Republican

Senate

Final Count: 52 Democrat, 48 Republican
I’m not into percentages. But I’ll add that Biden becomes the next president.

I think the a Republicans will maintain the majority in the senate. Probably by three seats. I think the Democrats will hold the House of Republicans but with a much smaller majority.

Wishful thinking. There is no chance voters who wanted Donald Trump to be impeached and convicted will change their minds about that and vote for Republicans.

Wishful thinking. There is no chance voters who wanted Donald Trump to be impeached and convicted will change their minds about that and vote for Republicans.

Impeachment was a dud for the congressional Democrats. The impeachment won’t result in significant additional support for Democrats. More than likely the opposite will happen.

You're probably right. The problem is that all the voters who came out in 2018 is still more than 20 million votes short of 50%. Figure 25-30 million late deciding votes. Biden needs 80% of them just to make it close.

Trump probably has his total, plus about 3 Million who voted Libertarian in 2016. That puts him at about 48% without any new votes. If Trump gets more than 10% of the late deciding group, he has an outright majority. This is why the Democrats are acting scared out of their minds.

Impeachment was a dud for the congressional Democrats. The impeachment won’t result in significant additional support for Democrats. More than likely the opposite will happen.

Everyone who supported impeachment then is still happy about it now. There is no chance Democrats will lose support.

You are predicting a Biden win and these numbers are consistent with that. I am predicting a Trump landslide, so the Democrats have problems down ballot.

The polls at the current time do not indicate a Trump Landslide.

I see that it only took 34 minutes for someone to ignore your request, and of course, me as well. Kind of feel like Pelosi

I see that it only took 34 minutes for someone to ignore your request, and of course, me as well. Kind of feel like Pelosi
That's the saddest thing all day.

The polls at the current time do not indicate a Trump Landslide.
They have for some time if you know how to read them.

Trump's 40+% has been stressed and tested in just about every way imaginable, so this is his core support. Of the 330 million people in USA, about 2/3 are over 18 and have citizenship, ie 220 million potential voters. If Trump gets 40% of that number, it's 88 million votes, where 75 million is a decisive win. Hillary had 68 in 2016.

Is Trump going to get 80 million votes. It's possible. Is he going to defeat Biden by 10% or more? I would not offer odds against it. It's worth noting that the same polls that have Biden up by 7% also have Trump as the candidate most expect to win. Biden had all summer to score on Trump, but now it's Trump turn at bat.

Last edited:
They have for some time if you know how to read them.

Trump's 40+% has been stressed and tested in just about every way imaginable, so this is his core support. Of the 330 million people in USA, about 2/3 are over 18 and have citizenship, ie 220 million potential voters. If Trump gets 40% of that number, it's 88 million votes, where 75 million is a decisive win. Hillary had 68 in 2016.

Is Trump going to get 80 million votes. It's possible. Is he going to defeat Biden by 10% or more? I would not offer odds against it. It's worth noting that the same polls that have Biden up by 7% also have Trump as the candidate most expect to win. Biden had all summer to score on Trump, but now it's Trump turn at bat.

Trump will not come close to getting the popular vote. The question is the electoral college, and his is losing in a number of the states he won in over Hillary in 2016

Trump will not come close to getting the popular vote. The question is the electoral college, and his is losing in a number of the states he won in over Hillary in 2016
Getting the popular vote is the minimum. Democrats are discouraging their own voters. 55% is possible.

He gets every state he had in 2016 plus Minnesota, New Hampshire, Nevada, the rest of Maine and maybe Colorado and Virginia. Washington and Oregon would not blow my mind.

Getting the popular vote is the minimum. Democrats are discouraging their own voters. 55% is possible.

He gets every state he had in 2016 plus Minnesota, New Hampshire, Nevada, the rest of Maine and maybe Colorado and Virginia. Washington and Oregon would not blow my mind.

You keep on making statements that I do not think are at all true. But, you can keep your opinions.

Back
Top Bottom