• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Predictions for Tuesday

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
OK, let us all put our money where our mouths are. Who is going to control what, and by how much, come Tuesday? Winner gets bragging rights. :mrgreen:

The House - I predict a 10 seat GOP majority.

The Senate - I predict 51-49 for the Democrats.

OK, let us all put our money where our mouths are. Who is going to control what, and by how much, come Tuesday? Winner gets bragging rights. :mrgreen:

I expect democrats to be slaughtered in any rather contestable districts.

It is the economy stupid, is quite true and the party in power is blamed for a bad economy, rightly or wrongly

That is my prediction. You stole it, but it is rightly mine.

Soccer 212 223 48.74% 51.26% GOP - that is for the House. We have a bet in one of my classes. Senate will state Democrats, but with a very small majority.

House - 236 -199 R
Senate - 52-48 D

Repubs take the House by a narrow margin, say 15 or less.

Dems retain the Senate by a narrow margin, not more than 52 seats (not counting the "independents").

House - 236 -199 R
Senate - 52-48 D

That's what, about 60 house seat gain by the repubs? You think if things are that drastic, the Senate won't at least split if not shift to the R's?

That's what, about 60 house seat gain by the repubs? You think if things are that drastic, the Senate won't at least split if not shift to the R's?

Nah, I think there are some serious individual candidate stumbling blocks that will keep the reps from taking back the senate.

Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

I think Nate Silver is probably spot on Senate-wise and maybe a bit underestimating the Reps for the house.

Maine's about to elect a republican governor.
2c85c170896a3d6c1fe4.gif

The House - 20 seat Republicans

The Senate - 52-48 Democrats

In my opinion, regardless of the numbers both the Reps, TPers, and Dems will win, just as long as you ask each of them separately.

Well, Nate Silver is probably a better prognosticator than I, so I'm inclined to defer to his judgment:

Senate 51-49 D
House 232-203 R

There is a large margin of error in either direction though, because the polls could be underestimating or overestimating the overall enthusiasm gap. Republicans could pick up as many as 80 seats in the House, or fall just short of gaining a majority. Similarly, in the Senate, the Republicans could pick up as many as 10 seats or as "few" as 5.

Furthermore, this prediction is just based on the actual election outcome. It doesn't take into account the possibility of Joe Lieberman jumping ship a few days after the election, if he thinks he can get a better deal from Republicans.

Last edited:
Furthermore, this prediction is just based on the actual election outcome. It doesn't take into account the possibility of Joe Lieberman jumping ship a few days after the election, if he thinks he can get a better deal from Republicans.

:rofl:rofl

no thanks; ya'll can keep Lieberman and Christ.

my prediction: Republicans pick up 8-9 seats in the Senate, 60-65 in the House.

Two close calls:
O'Donnel comes closer than anyone expected,
Murkowski almost wins in Alaska

Last edited:
no thanks; ya'll can keep Lieberman and Christ.

my prediction: Republicans pick up 8-9 seats in the Senate, 60-65 in the House.

Two close calls:

I believe that Miller will lose in Alaska, but Murkowski will still be caucusing with the GOP.

House 65 seat pickup.
Senate 51-49.

zimmer-albums-conservitoons-picture67112824-obama-ass-kicking-time.jpg

Two close calls:

Agree. I think O'Donnell will lose by 3-4%. Rove and Castle should be kicked in the nuts with steel toed boots.

Last edited:
I believe that Miller will lose in Alaska, but Murkowski will still be caucusing with the GOP.

if that happens it's going to be interesting to see what the fallout is.

Geraghty has an interesting prediction:

The GOP will win 76 House districts currently held by Democrats, and the Democrats will win 6 House seats currently held by Republicans, including a few surprises... I can hear it now: “Jim’s been gargling with Maker’s Mark again.” But I actually played it fairly safe on this list. I predicted no GOP takeovers in states where the early voting looks pretty “meh,” such as West Virginia or Iowa...

Reid will lose in NV, and that'll make two Dem Sen. Leaders to go down in recent history.

Fear will spread amongst the Senate Leadership as they'll begin feeling like the Taliban leadership... expecting to be taken out.

Hopefully they'll offer Schumer up next. :)

three, if you count pelosi being forced into retirement.

Geraghty has an interesting prediction:

The GOP will win 76 House districts currently held by Democrats, and the Democrats will win 6 House seats currently held by Republicans, including a few surprises... I can hear it now: “Jim’s been gargling with Maker’s Mark again.” But I actually played it fairly safe on this list. I predicted no GOP takeovers in states where the early voting looks pretty “meh,” such as West Virginia or Iowa...

Seems like wishful thinking on the part of a National Review guy. Not to say that the GOP picking up 76 seats is out of the realm of possibility, but it's definitely toward the best-case scenario for them.

Back
Top Bottom