• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Predictions for Tuesday

three, if you count pelosi being forced into retirement.

Actually, the rumor is that Pelosi will quit sometime after this election.

Seems like wishful thinking on the part of a National Review guy. Not to say that the GOP picking up 76 seats is out of the realm of possibility, but it's definitely toward the best-case scenario for them.

they pick up 76 and then lose 6 for a total of 70.

:D we shall see.

Nah, I think there are some serious individual candidate stumbling blocks that will keep the reps from taking back the senate.

Nazi uniforms, witch craft, volunteers stomping on a woman's head...I agree, some of the those candidates aren't going to be able to recover.

Reid will lose in NV, and that'll make two Dem Sen. Leaders to go down in recent history.

Fear will spread amongst the Senate Leadership as they'll begin feeling like the Taliban leadership... expecting to be taken out.

Hopefully they'll offer Schumer up next. :)

From Reid to Angle, that's an incredibly drastic shift. And then when you go to CA and look at Whitman vs Brown, thats two more sh**ty candidates in the same race. I think they should call these midterm elections "The lesser of two evils".

Nazi uniforms, witch craft, volunteers stomping on a woman's head...I agree, some of the those candidates aren't going to be able to recover.

I believe Rand Paul is going to win despite the best efforts of the moonbats to blame him for some move on scum bag getting treated far less harshly than she deserved

I think it will be more anti-incumbent fever vs. anti-democrat. The results will be mixed with both sides claiming victories.

I think it will be more anti-incumbent fever vs. anti-democrat. The results will be mixed with both sides claiming victories.

For the House races, if the Democrats claim victory after tomorrow, then they are truly deluded, and I will be laughing my ass off so hard that I may have to go to the emergency room. LOL.

I predict massive vote fraud and left-wing lawyers stealing a few Senate seats. I predict I will be gloating.
I predict the fight has just begun. There will be no "honeymoon" period. Ridding America of Obama is the prize.

GOP takes house 228-207

Dems retain senate 52-48

I think you're onto something. I plan to got straight third party today. My sister, who usually votes GOP, says she's so fed up with the "tea partiers" taking over that party where she lives, is planning to vote Dem for a change.

People seem to want change, but not necessarily the same kind of change that party hopefuls envision.

I think you're onto something. I plan to got straight third party today. My sister, who usually votes GOP, says she's so fed up with the "tea partiers" taking over that party where she lives, is planning to vote Dem for a change.

People seem to want change, but not necessarily the same kind of change that party hopefuls envision.

Your sister is a Democrat through and through then. Basically, she's not voting based on thought, but rather pure emotion, which is what liberals always do.

I believe Rand Paul is going to win despite the best efforts of the moonbats to blame him for some move on scum bag getting treated far less harshly than she deserved

and Christine O'Donnell will not be, because while questioning Obama's religion is Racism and Very Off-Limits, and questioning Paul's religion is Well Probably A Bit Too Far, questioning or attacking a conservative womans religion is All Part Of An Important Discussion Of The Candidates.

I predict massive vote fraud and left-wing lawyers stealing a few Senate seats. I predict I will be gloating.
I predict the fight has just begun. There will be no "honeymoon" period. Ridding America of Obama is the prize.

Ah nothing like cynical partisan hack. :roll:

For the House races, if the Democrats claim victory after tomorrow, then they are truly deluded, and I will be laughing my ass off so hard that I may have to go to the emergency room. LOL.

I feel the same about the republicans. If they think the american public think it's ALL about beating the democrats then they are deluded.

Unless the Democrats manage to hold the House (which seems pretty unlikely), I have a difficult time seeing any way for them to plausibly claim victory. Winning back the California governorship isn't going to cut it IMO.

Personally I'll be happy if they hold onto the Senate seats in Illinois, Nevada, and Colorado...all of which seem to be leaning Republican. But even if that happens, I'd hardly call it a victory.

Last edited:
The country is overwhelmingly anti-Obama, which is what is killing the Dems in general. It might as well read "Obama agenda" next to the D on every race on every ballot.

Hillary is quietly smiling, too.

The country is overwhelmingly anti-Obama, which is what is killing the Dems in general. It might as well read "Obama agenda" next to the D on every race on every ballot.

Hillary is quietly smiling, too.

Obama's approval rating tends to hover in the 45% range. Not great, but hardly evidence that the country is "overwhelmingly anti-Obama."

Unless the Democrats manage to hold the House (which seems pretty unlikely), I have a difficult time seeing any way for them to plausibly claim victory. Winning back the California governorship isn't going to cut it IMO.

Personally I'll be happy if they hold onto the Senate seats in Illinois, Nevada, and Colorado...all of which seem to be leaning Republican. But even if that happens, I'd hardly call it a victory.

I think you misuderstood me. When I said victories I didn't say the dems would win them all or even most of them. I was stating the fact that both parties will have some victories.

Why do we assume Obama's low approval signals the end of the Dems when Bush's considerably lower obviously didn't mean the end of the Reps?

Why do we assume Obama's low approval signals the end of the Dems when Bush's considerably lower obviously didn't mean the end of the Reps?

I don't think anyone assumes that, aside from extremely partisan Republicans.

It is just political grandstanding.

It is just political grandstanding.

Similarly, people laugh at the Democrats saying "oh I think we'll hang on to the house." Politicians have to say that, because the second you say "oh yeah we're screwed" on national television, half of your base decides to stay home and you've just made it worse. Even a candidate polling 10 points behind says they're "optimistic" or whatever, because if they say "Well, I'm probably going to lose" they've just guaranteed that they will lose.

There's a 99.999% chance the GOP takes back the house. Everyone knows that. But if you're a Democratic leader or candidate, you can't ever say that. It happens literally every election. In 2008, the days prior to the election it was pretty clear the GOP was going to take a beating, yet you still had Republicans saying everything was going to be fine. McCain was going to win!

Similarly, people laugh at the Democrats saying "oh I think we'll hang on to the house." Politicians have to say that, because the second you say "oh yeah we're screwed" on national television, half of your base decides to stay home and you've just made it worse. Even a candidate polling 10 points behind says they're "optimistic" or whatever, because if they say "Well, I'm probably going to lose" they've just guaranteed that they will lose.

There's a 99.999% chance the GOP takes back the house. Everyone knows that. But if you're a Democratic leader or candidate, you can't ever say that. It happens literally every election. In 2008, the days prior to the election it was pretty clear the GOP was going to take a beating, yet you still had Republicans saying everything was going to be fine. McCain was going to win!

One of the reasons I would never be a politician and never become too political. But the people here can, unlike their politicians in hopeless races, still support their case but admit their chances are slim. There's a reason and a cause for the politician to never admit whats obvious, but for anyone else there's nothing to gain.

didn't it?

Back
Top Bottom