• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prediction: Roe v wade will be overturned

Not a child. The unborn. That you CHOOSE to make a distinction, esp. about something that has a deleterious, even deadly effect, on a woman you dont even know, is disturbing. You dont know her needs, her health, her responsibilities, her obligations, her living conditions.

And yet, it seems you believe you or the govt have the right to demand that she take a much greater risk? Is this true? If so, why? (We're talking about America for goodness sake.)

Abortion 14 times safer than pregnancy
"NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Getting a legal abortion is much safer than giving birth, suggests a new U.S. study published Monday.​
Researchers found that women were about 14 times more likely to die during or after giving birth to a live baby than to die from complications of an abortion."​

Not for the person who has is being killed. It is always fatal. Not 14 times but every time.
It's not a person, that's once again, your personal 'feelings.' Why didnt you answer the actual questions in my post? Do you expect such tough issue to have easy or simple answers? Why wont you answer? Please, since it's a discussion forum.

Ans: Constitutional Rights.

The right to have an abortion is a Constitutional Right.

CF: Planned Parenthood v. Casey
God will reverse this evil. I am very confident of that.

Why on earth would God choose to change His Mind and visit evil on women instead? He has not chosen to enslave women, to force us to remain pregnant against our will. How dare man decide to do so, thru secular law or God's Law?

Why on earth would God choose to change His Mind and visit evil on women instead? He has not chosen to enslave women, to force us to remain pregnant against our will. How dare man decide to do so, thru secular law or God's Law?

His comment was ridiculous.

Mashmont isn't happy unless he is saying ridiculous things on the internet. Presents as a practicing Catholic and here he is trolling up a forum on Easter Sunday. The most important holiday on the Christian calendar.

His comment was ridiculous.

Mashmont isn't happy unless he is saying ridiculous things on the internet. Presents as a practicing Catholic and here he is trolling up a forum on Easter Sunday. The most important holiday on the Christian calendar.
My wish that the evil of abortion will be reversed is not a 'ridiculous' comment.

Are you really going to ridicule me and my religion in the forum? Is that appropriate for a moderator? I question the sincerity of anything the Bidens say or do, especially given his inauthenticity on his Catholic beliefs.
And while we're at it, I have a tribute thread for Rush Limbaugh going right now that is devoid of politics, but is only praising his work with leukemia and lymphoma. At this moment, it is being 'derailed' with nasty comments about Rush. Do you object to that?

Last edited:
My wish that the evil of abortion will be reversed is not a 'ridiculous' comment.

You said that "God will reverse this evil."

I'm suggesting that the comment is ridiculous. God won't be reversing Roe v Wade.

You said that "God will reverse this evil."

I'm suggesting that the comment is ridiculous. God won't be reversing Roe v Wade.
I believe He most certainly will. God reversed the law allowing slavery. He reverses evil.

How about my Rush thread? So much derailing going on over there.

Several states passed similar laws in 2018/2019 and not one of them has been enacted. All were challenged, those that have been adjudicated have all been overturned as unconstitutional.

Overturning RvW doesnt make abortion illegal...it sends it back to the states. Many states will maintain its legality and it's not possible under the Const to criminalize having an abortion. The most the other states can do is make it illegal to provide abortions and some almost do already...some very large states have only 1 facility. Even now, women go to a closer state's facility.

It does place what, thus far, SCOTUS has determined, place an undue burden on women in many cases (laws on requiring Dr's privileges at nearby hospitals, forcing viewing sonograms on women, etc)...there isnt that much else to challenge. Unless you have some things in mind?

You do understand that explaining the law to these anti-abortion nuts is like trying to teach a beagle card tricks, right?

I believe He most certainly will. God reversed the law allowing slavery. He reverses evil.

How about my Rush thread? So much derailing going on over there.

Actually Ulysses S. Grant and William T. Sherman reversed slavery. God had nothing to do with it.

You're answering questions with questions. Bad debating form.

Elective abortion is wrong and always will be.

And why do you insult my state?

Because your state is a backwards, regressive, racist pile of excrement.

Just a hypothetical situation here, but it merits some thought...

It's highly unlikely to happen, but what if a state elects an ultra religious governor and the majority of the state's legislature shares his/her views. So, not only does abortion get banned...but so do vaccinations, any surgery or procedure or medicine that assists in diseases like cancer...you know like the JW's and Christian Scientists, those who believe only in the power of prayer?

For the sake of argument, would you be okay with that...a state that will ban most medical treatments in favor of prayer, regardless of who you are or what your faith is?

How do you know the mind of God? What if it is His will for it to happen? And if you are confident that He will stop it...why hasn't He already? It's not like He hasn't had the time to do so.....and if you actually have an answer as to why He hasn't, then you may be answering why He won't.....did that ever occur to you?

And interestingly, the Bible does not talk about abortion. It just doesn't. Unless, you are talking about God's punishments like Hosea 13:16:

Samaria shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword; their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open.

Or how about killing both mother and unborn child, Genesis 38:24:

About three months later Judah was told, “Tamar your daughter-in-law has been immoral. Moreover, she is pregnant by immorality.” And Judah said, “Bring her out, and let her be burned.”

Those are just a couple of examples. Now, there is are a few passages wherein the Bible talks about punishment for violence against a pregnant woman (Exodus 21:22-25) but it is talking about an act that a woman does not control...unlike choosing an abortion. And there is a LOT of talk about killing the innocent, but when reading the Bible...the interpretation is to spread to out to the unborn where the Bible is really talking about those who are actually already born; the point being is that the Bible makes it a point to distinguish "ripping open" pregnant women as an act of violence against the woman from killing a child or innocent adult.

The Bible says nothing about the actual act or choice of abortion itself. You, and others, are extrapolating it, possibly in error, from other passages that are not talking about a woman making a choice to have an abortion, or any passage that talks about abortion as an elective procedure. The closes you might get is when the Bible talks about life being precious and to be protected...until God decides a punishment to take the lives in question as punishment...including the "pregnant women ripped open".

Having said all of that, I would agree with you that God may not be fond of abortion...unless it is His will. Take a moment to think about that.

It's not a person, that's once again, your personal 'feelings.' Why didnt you answer the actual questions in my post? Do you expect such tough issue to have easy or simple answers? Why wont you answer? Please, since it's a discussion forum.
I am alive today along with my brother and sisters because my mom chose not to kill us by having an abortion. That is a fact.

Because your state is a backwards, regressive, racist pile of excrement.

Prove it. Considering it has made steady measurable progress in health care and education for the last 30 years.

Actually Ulysses S. Grant and William T. Sherman reversed slavery. God had nothing to do with it.

You don't realize I suppose that churches in the U.S. were the core of the abolitionist movement.

Several states passed similar laws in 2018/2019 and not one of them has been enacted. All were challenged, those that have been adjudicated have all been overturned as unconstitutional.

Overturning RvW doesnt make abortion illegal...it sends it back to the states.

Which is where it should be. Roe Vs Wade is a federal government overreach.

Which is where it should be. Roe Vs Wade is a federal government overreach.
No it's not...because you cannot violate a woman's Const rights to identify, investigate, or enforce laws violating medical privacy, due process, bodily autonomy, etc. Those are all protected at the federal level. There's no way for states to criminalize having an abortion.

Not a child. The unborn. That you CHOOSE to make a distinction, esp. about something that has a deleterious, even deadly effect, on a woman you dont even know, is disturbing. You dont know her needs, her health, her responsibilities, her obligations, her living conditions.

And yet, it seems you believe you or the govt have the right to demand that she take a much greater risk? Is this true? If so, why? (We're talking about America for goodness sake.)

Abortion 14 times safer than pregnancy
"NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Getting a legal abortion is much safer than giving birth, suggests a new U.S. study published Monday.​
Researchers found that women were about 14 times more likely to die during or after giving birth to a live baby than to die from complications of an abortion."​

I am alive today along with my brother and sisters because my mom chose not to kill us by having an abortion. That is a fact.
It's an irrelevant fact and just more denial. Why wont you answer my questions? Is it that you cannot with your exceedingly simplistic view on the issue (and I write that specifically because of the post you just wrote. Please :rolleyes: )

You posted in a discussion...please answer my questions, in bold. Or, why wont you? Why wont you comment on the rest of my response? It was civil and on-topic. Why not discuss instead of stating you werent aborted :rolleyes:

Prove it. Considering it has made steady measurable progress in health care and education for the last 30 years.
Let us know when it breaks into the top HALF of the 50 state range.

Mine should have had one. That is a fact.

You have said that you do not believe in adoption. Adding that together with your statement that your mother should have had an abortion, I can only think that you must have had a hellish life. I am so sorry.

Back
Top Bottom