• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prediction: GOP Will Force US into Default[W:183]

head of joaquin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
1. Come October 17, the radical conservatives in the House will not raise the debt ceiling, causing a default on US government obligations, the first time in history. This is in fact what the tea party cabal wants to happen, so no compromise is possible, and the craven GOP leadership doesn't have the courage to stand up them. Their irrational hatred of the federal government, along with their moral nihilism recklessly impels them forward in a scorched earth policy.

2. The economic impact is certain: T-bill yields will skyrocket, causing massive new debt; the housing market recovery will collapse as the Fed will not be able to sustain low interest rates; perhaps a million American will lose their jobs; a recession will follow; there will likely be civil unrest. Again, since this will mostly affect working Americans, this is what the tea party cabal wants.

3. What happens next politically is less certain. I suspect there will be attempt to recall tea party representatives and fellow travelers from semi-rational districts, though that is unchartered territory. If we're lucky, recall and special elections will be organized within a short time, perhaps two months, they will survive judicial scrutiny, and enough tea partiers will be discharged to reestablish a functioning government. Then the tea party nightmare will finally be over.

You heard it here first.

Prediction:
HOJ will create at least 10 more threads about the gov't shutdown, all of which will say essentially the same thing.

Yep the world will fall apart because we won't give ourselves the power to borrrow even more money we cannot pay back.

Yep the world will fall apart because we won't give ourselves the power to borrrow even more money we cannot pay back.

Thanks for proving my point: the teapartiers want a default. Your irrational hatred of government, not to mention subliterate economic theory, runs that deep.

Prediction:
HOJ will create at least 10 more threads about the gov't shutdown, all of which will say essentially the same thing.

I made the prediction. Let's see if it comes true. Meantime it give you a chance to vent your spleen at the government and the American people, and that's always fun to watch. Frothing teapartiers is a form of entertainment.

default is not a option to even consider.

then start cutting spending now. you know you spend more then you bring in. you know the debt ceiling is approaching. do something more then cry about how the blank checks are coming to an end.

then start cutting spending now. you know you spend more then you bring in. you know the debt ceiling is approaching. do something more then cry about how the blank checks are coming to an end.

Somebody doesn't understand the debt ceiling, but then conservatives simply can't think straight on simple issues like this.

1. Come October 17, the radical conservatives in the House will not raise the debt ceiling, causing a default on US government obligations, the first time in history. This is in fact what the tea party cabal wants to happen, so no compromise is possible, and the craven GOP leadership doesn't have the courage to stand up them. Their irrational hatred of the federal government, along with their moral nihilism recklessly impels them forward in a scorched earth policy.

2. The economic impact is certain: T-bill yields will skyrocket, causing massive new debt; the housing market recovery will collapse as the Fed will not be able to sustain low interest rates; perhaps a million American will lose their jobs; a recession will follow; there will likely be civil unrest. Again, since this will mostly affect working Americans, this is what the tea party cabal wants.

3. What happens next politically is less certain. I suspect there will be attempt to recall tea party representatives and fellow travelers from semi-rational districts, though that is unchartered territory. If we're lucky, recall and special elections will be organized within a short time, perhaps two months, they will survive judicial scrutiny, and enough tea partiers will be discharged to reestablish a functioning government. Then the tea party nightmare will finally be over.

1. You're right that no compromise is possible when neither side is willing to negotiate. Why would the Tea Party be willing to negotiate when Mr. Obama and the Senate Democrats have made it exceptionally clear they are not willing to bend on anythin geither. Honestly, right now I think we NEED that "scorched earth" policy pretty badly. Otherwise there is not likely to be another change to get things turned around for quite a while.

2. The Tea Party's supporters have told them that is what they want. Without the default there is really no other way to begin the trasformations.... Governmental, Fiscal, and National that are required at this point in time.

3. I don't think so. If anything, I think you might see those Tea Party members become MORE powerful rather than less.

I made the prediction. Let's see if it comes true. Meantime it give you a chance to vent your spleen at the government and the American people, and that's always fun to watch. Frothing teapartiers is a form of entertainment.
This post makes absolutely no sense HOJ. I dont' even know what to say back.

Somebody doesn't understand the debt ceiling, but then conservatives simply can't think straight on simple issues like this.

What don’t you understand? I can help understand it better if you like.

What don’t you understand? I can help understand it better if you like.

Pitiful. Look up what the debt ceiling is, and then look at your post, and then be embarrassed. You really don't understand the process do you.

In any case: NEXT DISCREDITED RIGHTWING MEME!

Pitiful. Look up what the debt ceiling is, and then look at your post, and then be embarrassed. You really don't understand the process do you.

When you advocate a faith-based ideology, it is very hard to comprehend reality.

1. You're right that no compromise is possible when neither side is willing to negotiate. Why would the Tea Party be willing to negotiate when Mr. Obama and the Senate Democrats have made it exceptionally clear they are not willing to bend on anythin geither. Honestly, right now I think we NEED that "scorched earth" policy pretty badly. Otherwise there is not likely to be another change to get things turned around for quite a while.

2. The Tea Party's supporters have told them that is what they want. Without the default there is really no other way to begin the trasformations.... Governmental, Fiscal, and National that are required at this point in time.

3. I don't think so. If anything, I think you might see those Tea Party members become MORE powerful rather than less.

Your honestly is refreshing and at least you aren't pretending you don't want to attack America's financial status. We'll see who wins.

But the talking heads are wrong: there will be default because the tea party and supporters like you actually want it.

your troll like behavior isn't working.

everyone knows what the debt ceiling is, and we know it is directly related to our annualized deficit in revenue vs expenditures.

This post makes absolutely no sense HOJ. I dont' even know what to say back.

Spare us, and don't say anything.

Meanwhile, as tea party posts on this thread proves, my prediction is sound: they want to destroy the federal government and they don't care if it harms millions of Americans. Indeed, they rather savor the idea.

Hopefully when the reality of the tea party bile and nihilism finally becomes apparent to Americans, they will get rid of the Cruzes and other freaks and elect rational people who care about the country.

your troll like behavior isn't working.

everyone knows what the debt ceiling is, and we know it is directly related to our annualized deficit in revenue vs expenditures.

Nope. Try again.

Nope. Try again.

nope. that is what it is.

you can try to obfuscate things to hide the irresponsible spending progressives pursue,. but your troll behavior is not impressive.

Your honestly is refreshing and at least you aren't pretending you don't want to attack America's financial status. We'll see who wins.

But the talking heads are wrong: there will be default because the tea party and supporters like you actually want it.

Yes, we will see who wins. The truly unfortunate thing is that it didn't need to come to this; if this nation's elected leaders had decided to play by the rules instead of throwing them out in the 1930's. Though this is a wonderful teaching tool for people to show their children what happens when they fail to manage their money properly.

Nobody wants to see a government shutdown or default. However, at this point it seems they're the only ways to get the Left to actually pay attention to anything we've been saying for the last 80 years on this nation's money management problems.

hey hoj, explain to us how a surplus would also create an atmosphere where the debt ceiling is reached.

Yes, we will see who wins. The truly unfortunate thing is that it didn't need to come to this; if this nation's elected leaders had decided to play by the rules instead of throwing them out in the 1930's. Though this is a wonderful teaching tool for people to show their children what happens when they fail to manage their money properly.

Nobody wants to see a government shutdown or default. However, at this point it seems they're the only ways to get the Left to actually pay attention to anything we've been saying for the last 80 years on this nation's money management problems.

why is it that some conservatives believe the trouble all started in the 1930's? does this have anything to do with the presidency of Franklin Delano roosevelt?

why is it that some conservatives believe the trouble all started in the 1930's? does this have anything to do with the presidency of Franklin Delano roosevelt?

Actually in started in 1860; FDR just decided to take it to a much higher level and more of a fiscal one than his predecessors back to Mr. Lincoln had.

I can't speak for all Conservatives, but many of us believe that Mr. Lincoln started the whole problem by ignoring the predominance of the States over the Federal Government and that FDR simply compounded the problem by a factor of 10 when he decided to create the social safety net that we are still burdened with to this day.

Actually in started in 1860; FDR just decided to take it to a much higher level and more of a fiscal one than his predecessors back to Mr. Lincoln had.

I can't speak for all Conservatives, but many of us believe that Mr. Lincoln started the whole problem by ignoring the predominance of the States over the Federal Government and that FDR simply compounded the problem by a factor of 10 when he decided to create the social safety net that we are still burdened with to this day.

the southern states seceded from the union because they lost an election and did not like President Lincoln.

the southern states seceded from the union because they lost an election and did not like President Lincoln.

The Southern States seceeded (which was within their Rights) because they knew that the newly elected Government had no respect for their way of life or their Right to Govern Themselves. Lincoln had made it clear that he felt the Federal Government was more important than the States; an idea that is contrary to the founding documents of this nation. They had ever right and good cause to do what they did. Then Mr. Lincoln decided to expend the lives of hundreds of thousands of good men (on both sides) to enforce HIS view of things.

Back
Top Bottom