• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prediction for 2013: Joe Biden will be sworn in as Secretary of State.

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
And Hillary Clinton will be sworn as Vice President of the United States.

Secretary of State is a perfect for Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton is the obvious choice to succeed President Obama in 2017.

Secretary of State is a perfect for Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton is the obvious choice to succeed President Obama in 2017.

Setting aside the implausibility of a Biden/Clinton switch, you think Hillary is going to be elected president at age 69?

Setting aside the implausibility of a Biden/Clinton switch, you think Hillary is going to be elected president at age 69?

Damn you for typing ANYTHING with Hillary Clinton and '69' in the same sentence!!!!

Believable.
But I think the timing would be at the end of the term, right before the campaigns get going.
August-October 2011.

I've always been wondering what her out would be. When she would cut and run.
This is an alternative. She would run at 90.

Last edited:

6 months ago i would have said this was a done deal (in fact i think i DID say that very thing). Now...Im not so sure. Hillary has parroted the Obama line on Arizona and illegal immigration...I think thats a major strike thats going to bit him in the ass. I also think if his numbers are near where they are and he looks vulnerable I wouldnt think she would want to be associated with the defeat. I think a scenario with at least as much possibility would be Obama deciding he doesnt want to run again and Hillary stepping in. And Biden would go quietly away.

6 months ago i would have said this was a done deal (in fact i think i DID say that very thing). Now...Im not so sure. Hillary has parroted the Obama line on Arizona and illegal immigration...I think thats a major strike thats going to bit him in the ass. I also think if his numbers are near where they are and he looks vulnerable I wouldnt think she would want to be associated with the defeat. I think a scenario with at least as much possibility would be Obama deciding he doesnt want to run again and Hillary stepping in. And Biden would go quietly away.

On immigration, SB1070 does absolutely nothing to control the borders. What it does do is criminalize being in this country without proof of citizenship which today, I believe is not a felony. Crossing the border IS a felony, so you must catch them in the act. SD1070 puts a target on the backs of everyone who is of Mexican desent.

She doesn't look as old and decrepit as John McCain.:lol:

Not going to happen. No reason for it to happen. No gain by it happening for any one.

:lol:
Prediction in 2014, Biden will start World War 3 as he says something earnest but profoundly stupid to the wrong diplomat.

I'm by no means convinced that Hillary won't launch a primary challenge in 2012, particu-LAHR-ly (phonetic pronunciation for Tavis Smiley fans) if Obama appears weak.

On immigration, SB1070 does absolutely nothing to control the borders. What it does do is criminalize being in this country without proof of citizenship which today, I believe is not a felony. Crossing the border IS a felony, so you must catch them in the act. SD1070 puts a target on the backs of everyone who is of Mexican desent.

It doesnt 'criminalize' being in the country illegally. It is simply state enforcement of existing law. And as I have posted on several occasionas, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TRAINED states to do just that. God forbid, Arizona is actually enforcing the law.

Last edited:

if Biden retires, he will simply retire to go home and spend more time with his family etc; there is no way he's going to take a demotion.

mind you, if Obama keeps Biden in 2012, he's going to be a major liability on the campaign trail.

:lol: remember back when Obama first picked Biden, and the press rushed to flutter on how it meant that Obama was going to get the advantage of Biden's "Gravitas" :lol: ooooh :wipes tears: can you imagine anyone saying that today?

It doesnt 'criminalize' being in the country illegally. It is simply state enforcement of existing law. And as I have posted on several occasionas, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TRAINED states to do just that. God forbid, Arizona is actually enforcing the law.

exactly; what the Obama administration has a problem with is not Arizona; it's the damnable refusal of the people to alter the law to provide millions of new Democratic Voters

Back
Top Bottom