• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Predicting Oz Wins

Chomsky, when it comes to political power regardless of party affiliation, cheating often occurs. That's a fact.

I can't say I buy-on to that occurring to any substantive degree, especially to any degree that would effect the outcome of an election.

PA has big problems in Luzerne County from what I'm hearing. They are literally OUT OF PAPER at some polling locations - and the entire county has to stay open until 10 pm.

You won't know the outcome of PA I'm guessing for days....unless the numbers coming out of Philly are that high for Fetterman that it doesn't matter. Luzerne County is vital if Oz wants to win PA and this is going to almost guarantee that there are legal challenges, etc. there.

PA has big problems in Luzerne County from what I'm hearing. They are literally OUT OF PAPER at some polling locations - and the entire county has to stay open until 10 pm.

You won't know the outcome of PA I'm guessing for days....unless the numbers coming out of Philly are that high for Fetterman that it doesn't matter. Luzerne County is vital if Oz wants to win PA and this is going to almost guarantee that there are legal challenges, etc. there.
Random thought, but are you doing some reverse Oz thing by living in New Jersey but having a username that is a PA town?

Not a serious query.

Many parts of PA ARE Appalachia.
I mean that mountain chain runs through the center of the state.

That said, I live in central PA and voted Democrat, although outnumbered in my county.

True, many years later (I was barely out of my teens during that road-trip) I found-out Appalachia extends into Pennsy. I never realized that.

Random thought, but are you doing some reverse Oz thing by living in New Jersey but having a username that is a PA town?

Not a serious query.
BirdInHand = better than two in a bush.

(I'm originally from PA - grew up in Luzerne County and lived in Philadelphia for over a decade...moved to NJ because my husband's business was here)

Chomsky, when it comes to political power regardless of party affiliation, cheating often occurs. That's a fact.
So you’re saying Republicans are just as likely to cheat as Democrats?
That if Oz or Mastriano wins it could be because there was cheating involved?

That’s what you’re saying?

BirdInHand = better than two in a bush.

(I'm originally from PA - grew up in Luzerne County and lived in Philadelphia for over a decade...moved to NJ because my husband's business was here)
Sadly Bird-In-Hand is overshadowed by the nearby Intercourse, in terms of town name drama.

Edit: Come to think of it, Blue Ball is right near there too.

IMO Lamb exemplifies a blueprint for Dems in how to win swingy districts! I like the guy!

It really was a dumb decision on part of the Fetterman campaign to participate in that debate.

Am guessing they thought the night would go differently. But it wasn't smart to run that risk.

Many parts of PA ARE Appalachia.
I mean that mountain chain runs through the center of the state.

That said, I live in central PA and voted Democrat, although outnumbered in my county.
Years ago, we drove from NYC to Pittsburgh.
Given that it was late July, I was amazed at how green the state was.
We don't see that much green in Cali.
Beautiful state.
We stopped at the Whitehaven Family Diner.
One of us ordered a hamburger and the patty was the size of a dinner plate.
Good memories.

It really was a dumb decision on part of the Fetterman campaign to participate in that debate.

Am guessing they thought the night would go differently. But it wasn't smart to run that risk.

Couldn't agree more. He was up a solid 3, maybe 4 pts. But I must admit, Oz was making points with his attacks on Fetterman for not debating, and it was causing some erosion of Fetterman's lead.

Couldn't agree more. He was up a solid 3, maybe 4 pts. But I must admit, Oz was making points with his attacks on Fetterman for not debating, and it was causing some erosion of Fetterman's lead.
I suppose it's because I made up my mind on which I'd vote for months ago, but I just figured Fetterman was avoiding a debate because his stroke had messed up his ability to speak clearly.

Which in my mind did not detract from him in the least.

....... The first time I drove across the state (it was at night), I had no idea where I was when I had a brief stop somewhere I don't remember. Hard to believe it was the same state. I swear I was in Appalachia. I mean this was serious Deliverance-type territory, and I'm not kidding.
How interesting. We've had the exact same experience twice, once at night and once in the broad daylight. Coal did this to rural Pennsylvania.

Not all are, but many surely watched. Or, by now have seen the carnage.
Scientific American article a cpl yrs back, plus several other studies. Debates don't change minds. I'll look for the SA article.

Scientific American article a cpl yrs back, plus several other studies. Debates don't change minds. I'll look for the SA article.
That wasn’t a typical debate.

That debate hurt Fetterman. The question we’re waiting to see is how much it hurt.

That wasn’t a typical debate.

That debate hurt Fetterman. The question we’re waiting to see is how much it hurt.
Why do you think it changed debate watchers' tendency to tune in after deciding?

Sorry but you're not making any sense here......Why would Trump have resigned?? He was and is in good health and did a great job as president.....Fetterman on the other hand is obviously impaired.
"Did a great job as president..."

k4QqUWf.gif

Based on the debate, I predict Oz wins.

I can only hope that I'm wrong, but I feel in my gut that the debate sunk Fetterman's ship like a nuclear torpedo.

Hopefully, to balance things out a little, that ass-wipe Mastriano loses bigly.

Guess we'll know by this time next week.

Dr. Oz would be the first Muslim Senator.

Really monumental moment for the Republican party to elect a Muslim American instead of a chubby trust-fund punk.

Dr. Oz would be the first Muslim Senator.

Really monumental moment for the Republican party to elect a Muslim American instead of a chubby trust-fund punk.
Not much of a practicing Muslim from what I gather.

I think you guys have to be kidding.

You didn't see Trump's illness when he first walked to a microphone?

I’m just a person with disabilities observing people who make accusations that someone is one of us because they don’t like someone.

See, I think PA is just SO representative of the country as a whole.

You have your rural areas.
You have your economically depressed areas.
You have vibrant suburbs.
You have economically depressed suburbs
You have vibrant cities.

It is like one state that can show a little bit of everything across the US. And also part of WHY it is so wildly unpredictable at times.

Its Pennsyltucky. 🤷‍♂️

I can only hope that I'm wrong, but I feel in my gut that the debate sunk Fetterman's ship like a nuclear torpedo.

That's the thing about gut feelings. They are vulnerable to torpedoes.

Currently it does not look like Oz will win, although that race was way closer than the other statewide race between Shapiro and Mastriano

Sometimes the bad guys win and in this case the bad guy won.

All Fetterman did was yell and lie. He is such an unprofessional punk wearing a hoodie and shorts. How old is this guy?

Dr oz was too nice. Should have went harder on Fetterman's extremism.

Back
Top Bottom