• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Predict Senate Results

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Put up or shut up: get on record now. What's your fearless prognostication for the Senate races?

I'm guessing that the Democrats pick up four seats, and lose one.

Lose: Alabama

Win: Arizona, Colorado, Maine, North Carolina. (Iowa, Montana and Georgia also in play).

Net gain of three, leaving the Senate in Democratic hands with Vice President Kamala Harris breaking any ties.

Goodbye Mitch McConnell. I will not miss you.

In late 2019, McConnell was ranked the worst U.S. Senator on a top 10/bottom 10 list. As if that is not bad enough, Kentucky's Republican governor was immediately replaced with a Democrat in November. I have been expecting him to lose ever since.

BTW you know she is vacating her seat. Someone needs to run for it now.

Last edited:

In late 2019, McConnell was ranked the worst U.S. Senator on a top 10/bottom 10 list. As if that is not bad enough, Kentucky's Republican governor was immediately replaced with a Democrat in November. I have been expecting him to lose ever since.

I wouldn't celebrate so soon, flipping the Senate is still an uphill battle.

Dems flip Arizona, Colorado, Maine, and maybe North Carolina and/or Iowa.

Reds flip Alabama.

I wouldn't celebrate so soon, flipping the Senate is still an uphill battle.

We need less than five seats to flip. Obviously Bernie Sanders, Amy Klobuchar, and Elizabeth Warren will still be there.

I feel fairly confident as an Alabamian that we will choose a loser Auburn football coach who knows jack-**** about politics over a fairly moderate and sensible Democrat who has decent experience.

Sorry ya'll.

Democrats win the senate, but not enough to get a filibuster proof majority of 60 democrats in the senate.

Democrats have 35 senators right now. I think America hates Trump, but not enough to get 25 more democratic senators.

Democrats win the Senate, but not enough to get a filibuster proof majority of 60 Democrats in the Senate.

Democrats have 35 Senators right now. I think America hates Trump, but not enough to get 25 more Democratic Senators.

Where did you get the number 35 from? We are five seats short of a Democratic majority, so there have to be 45 donkeys.

Dems +2, perhaps +3 at the outside, and gain slight majority for the next Senate.

Looking at a slim majority at best; slimmer minority at worst. The'll definitely grab at least 2-3 seats. It would be too much to hope for more than five, but I'll happily be proven wrong.

Put up or shut up: get on record now. What's your fearless prognostication for the Senate races?

I'm guessing that the Democrats pick up four seats, and lose one.

Lose: Alabama

Win: Arizona, Colorado, Maine, North Carolina. (Iowa, Montana and Georgia also in play).

Net gain of three, leaving the Senate in Democratic hands with Vice President Kamala Harris breaking any ties.

McSally is going to get her ass kicked by Mark Kelly.

Probably will lose Alabama.

We need four more seats to get a majority.

What do you mean by at the outside?

Apologies, terrible explanation on my part.

What I should have said was my prediction is slight majority control of the next Senate with 52 or 53 seats.

Someone will be elected and someone wont be.
Some will rejoice while others will bemoan the outcome.
Life likely will go on.

I don't have a prediction, but I hope that the Senate flips.

3 1/2 years ago i would have never guessed that we'd be talking about Dems possibly winning in some of those races.

Someone will be elected and someone wont be.
Some will rejoice while others will bemoan the outcome.
Life likely will go on.

Boring.

Lose for repubs:Colorado

complete tossup:arizona

very close but leaning red:north carolina,georgia

red flip:Alabama

mcconnell isnt going anywhere

the governor lost because he wasnt very popular, all ither statewide offices voted red

kenturcky isnt going blue, lousiville will but the rest wont

Democrats win the senate, but not enough to get a filibuster proof majority of 60 democrats in the senate.

Democrats have 35 senators right now. I think America hates Trump, but not enough to get 25 more democratic senators.

no side will ever get 60 senate seats in the forseaable future unless something very drastic happens

If the election were today I think Democrats would flip Arizona, Colorado, Maine, and North Carolina while Republicans would flip Alabama. It would not surprise me at all to see Iowa, Montana, or Georgia's non-special flip. Alaska, Kansas, Michigan, South Carolina, Texas, and Georgia's special are flips that I think would be highly unlikely, but theoretically possible. I don't think there is a reasonable chance for any other state.

I feel fairly confident as an Alabamian that we will choose a loser Auburn football coach who knows jack-**** about politics over a fairly moderate and sensible Democrat who has decent experience.

Sorry ya'll.

That's because republicans don't govern and their base doesn't care if they don't govern. Ruling over the dems is good enough for them even if they themselves have to pay the price for their own stupidity. They'll cut off their own noses to spite their own face.

Back
Top Bottom