• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pre-Clinical Data Shows Cybin’s Novel Analog Could Have Advantages Over Psilocybin

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

While psilocybin has shown significant promise as a potential treatment for mental health conditions like major depressive disorder and anxiety, drug development companies in the psychedelic space like Cybin (NYSE: CYBN) (NEO: CYBN) are working on developing molecules that mimic the drug, but lack some of the constraints of magic mushrooms’ main ingredient.

This morning at the first Microdose: Wonderland conference in Miami, Cybin, the first and only psychedelic company with a NYSE listing, provided a research update pertaining to its proprietary drug, CYB003. The company says it possesses “multiple advantages” over classic psilocybin molecules.

Though safe, Cybin suggests that in a clinical context, classic psilocybin has limitations, including a long duration (around six hours), a long onset until effects are felt (about 45 minutes), and high variability from patient to patient.
===============================================
I don't recall seeing this before. Tis article could have used an editor that knew something about drug chemistry. For instance, psilocybin is a molecule & not plural. It refers to this new drug to have several advantages over natural psilocybin but only describes its chemistry as 'deuterated psilocybin.' Hope I run into more on this as I would think that just substituting deuterium for one or more hydrogen atoms would not have this kind of biological effect.

While psilocybin has shown significant promise as a potential treatment for mental health conditions like major depressive disorder and anxiety, drug development companies in the psychedelic space like Cybin (NYSE: CYBN) (NEO: CYBN) are working on developing molecules that mimic the drug, but lack some of the constraints of magic mushrooms’ main ingredient.

This morning at the first Microdose: Wonderland conference in Miami, Cybin, the first and only psychedelic company with a NYSE listing, provided a research update pertaining to its proprietary drug, CYB003. The company says it possesses “multiple advantages” over classic psilocybin molecules.

Though safe, Cybin suggests that in a clinical context, classic psilocybin has limitations, including a long duration (around six hours), a long onset until effects are felt (about 45 minutes), and high variability from patient to patient.
===============================================
I don't recall seeing this before. Tis article could have used an editor that knew something about drug chemistry. For instance, psilocybin is a molecule & not plural. It refers to this new drug to have several advantages over natural psilocybin but only describes its chemistry as 'deuterated psilocybin.' Hope I run into more on this as I would think that just substituting deuterium for one or more hydrogen atoms would not have this kind of biological effect.

I don't know about the chemistry, and I usually prefer natural products, but if they could give me a faster onset, shorter term psychedelic experience, I'd try it.

Back
Top Bottom