• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prayer Coming Back to Public Schools? SCOTUS Hears Case That Would Do Just That

it would be interesting to allow prayer back in school.....with a Christian prayer and Muslim prayer and a Jewish prayer and a Hindu prayer and Budhist prayer and Joe Shit the Ragman prayer.......an on and on and the kids could just spend their whole day praying......or bitching about how their rights were violated because the 'other' guys got to pray too
How about praying at home? Nobody has time for that.

it would be interesting to allow prayer back in school.....with a Christian prayer and Muslim prayer and a Jewish prayer and a Hindu prayer and Budhist prayer and Joe Shit the Ragman prayer.......an on and on and the kids could just spend their whole day praying......or bitching about how their rights were violated because the 'other' guys got to pray too
And no actual learning would get done.

There are religious school for such BS all day everyday.
There's also church. Or one's own home. But school is for actual learning. I'm not sure why some people need prayer 24/7?

What does "BS" mean, that only "religious" schools should indulge in such? Better Scholastics?
giphy.gif

There's also church. Or one's own home. But school is for actual learning. I'm not sure why some people need prayer 24/7?
Schools are for learning what exactly? Values in gender selection and naming? Perhaps it's about how to perform anal and oral sex? To hear the kids walking home from school, one would think that public education was entirely about four letter word communications with a derogatory reference to procreation number one on the vocabulary list. And this is supposed to be about "higher" education. I think they could all use a little prayer ---- it certainly would not hurt them.

Last edited:
Schools are for learning what exactly? Values in gender selection and naming? Perhaps it's about how to perform anal and oral sex? To hear the kids walking home from school, one would think that public education was entirely about four letter word communications with a derogatory reference to procreation number one on the vocabulary list. And this is supposed to be about "higher" education. I think they could all use a little prayer ---- it certainly would not hurt them.
Fortunately, no one is doing that, nor does anybody have any desire to do that. On the other hand, there seems to be a certain type who wants to impose their religion on others.

If that’s the only account of him supposedly asking players to join him in the 7 years he was saying a prayer after the game, it’s not very credible. Any student testimony claiming he asked them to join him?
One thing you are missing is that this isn't just about HIM, it's about the principle. The principle is showing extreme signs of being able to be abused, in favor of having the majority be heavy handed against the minority.

Fortunately, no one is doing that, nor does anybody have any desire to do that. On the other hand, there seems to be a certain type who wants to impose their religion on others.
Is it impossible to turn a classroom of students in a group of atheists --- or at least considerate of atheism? And what about gender identity and the acceptance of sexual confusion as not so confused? Could that not be a topic for an educator's tutorial? Ramoss, you are of a Jewish background. Didn't the Nazi's take over the education process in Germany and everywhere they went? Didn't Jewish children go from being accepted friends and fellow classmates to being considered fiends, excluded ---- and not through any Christian religious fervor, but propaganda and threats?

I can't make anyone a Christian, anymore than you can make me a Jew. A GOOD education is one that is open to discussion and considerations that are not always comfortable but are honest, and presented out of a real concern for the welfare of all the students, so that they may learn to make GOOD decisions and not simply do as they will because they want to.

I can HONESTLY say that it were my Christian beliefs regarding the Bible that make me a friend of JEWS and ISRAEL and not an enemy. The MESSIAH, my SAVIOR, came through that chosen linage. The members of the early CHURCH were mostly of a Jewish background. I take it very seriously when the Bible says, "I will bless them that bless you and curse them that curse you." I'm fully convinced that it isn't just a series of coincidences that places little Israel and a minority of people known as the Jews in the middle of world affairs. Even Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is a Jew! And here we are at the edge of a war and rumors of a possible World War III and the book of Revelation predicts that Russia (Magog) will march on Israel. Is this the catalyst --- the precursor? Will the catching away of the CHURCH happen first?

Sir, I don't know what you've studied or why. But you are here and I do pray that you are taking notes, because the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom ------- and that isn't achieved by remaining ignorant of the existence of GOD but by encouraging HIS consideration. This is where a real education begins.

Is it impossible to turn a classroom of students in a group of atheists --- or at least considerate of atheism? And what about gender identity and the acceptance of sexual confusion as not so confused? Could that not be a topic for an educator's tutorial? Ramoss, you are of a Jewish background. Didn't the Nazi's take over the education process in Germany and everywhere they went? Didn't Jewish children go from being accepted friends and fellow classmates to being considered fiends, excluded ---- and not through any Christian religious fervor, but propaganda and threats?

I can't make anyone a Christian, anymore than you can make me a Jew. A GOOD education is one that is open to discussion and considerations that are not always comfortable but are honest, and presented out of a real concern for the welfare of all the students, so that they may learn to make GOOD decisions and not simply do as they will because they want to.

I can HONESTLY say that it were my Christian beliefs regarding the Bible that make me a friend of JEWS and ISRAEL and not an enemy. The MESSIAH, my SAVIOR, came through that chosen linage. The members of the early CHURCH were mostly of a Jewish background. I take it very seriously when the Bible says, "I will bless them that bless you and curse them that curse you." I'm fully convinced that it isn't just a series of coincidences that places little Israel and a minority of people known as the Jews in the middle of world affairs. Even Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is a Jew! And here we are at the edge of a war and rumors of a possible World War III and the book of Revelation predicts that Russia (Magog) will march on Israel. Is this the catalyst --- the precursor? Will the catching away of the CHURCH happen first?

Sir, I don't know what you've studied or why. But you are here and I do pray that you are taking notes, because the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom ------- and that isn't achieved by remaining ignorant of the existence of GOD but by encouraging HIS consideration. This is where a real education begins.

If someone tries to deconvert people from their religion, then that would be against the constitution also, if they were a teaching at a public school setting.

And all the rest of the stuff yuo are spewing is just random garbage that means absolutely nothing.

Learning math, science, history, social studies, how to think critically, ect... you know, things kids will need to function in The real world. Religion can be saved for church where it belongs.

''m not sure why some people need prayer 24/7?''........because they are scared.....they live in fear of the inevitable....an inevitability for which no one has any proof of anything other than the cessation of life as we know it......prayer gives them hope because there is nothing else......it makes them feel less inconsequential......prayer is good for these reasons imo......like the old saying 'every body wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die'.....for me the ultimate puzzle is God has a plan for each of us......I can easily imagine a God and a life after death.....it seems logical because of the vastness of the universe and the unknown........but this plan thing I have trouble imagining what it could possibly or impossibly be......it's a crazy thought

''m not sure why some people need prayer 24/7?''........because they are scared.....they live in fear of the inevitable....an inevitability for which no one has any proof of anything other than the cessation of life as we know it......prayer gives them hope because there is nothing else......it makes them feel less inconsequential......prayer is good for these reasons imo......like the old saying 'every body wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die'.....for me the ultimate puzzle is God has a plan for each of us......I can easily imagine a God and a life after death.....it seems logical because of the vastness of the universe and the unknown........but this plan thing I have trouble imagining what it could possibly or impossibly be......it's a crazy thought
To summarize: an emotional comfort mechanism.

Back
Top Bottom