• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pray Away the Gay Medicare Fraud

Medicare and fraud go together like peas and potatoes. I like potatoes better; carrots are overrated.

Medicare and fraud go together like peas and potatoes. I like potatoes better; carrots are overrated.

So too, apparently, does religion.

Medicare/aid is the largest source of fraud ever.

Selling seats in heaven has to have it beat by a few thousand years and trillions of dollars.

Medicare/aid is the largest source of fraud ever.

When I was in physical rehab for an infected wound (we’re talking IV antibiotics, daily wound dressing changes and daily PT and OT), the doctor’s (not the rehab doctor’s, but the ones I had originally seen for wound treatment, before going into rehab) and I devised a way to continue my treatment that would let me continue the treatment on an outpatient basis while at home. The rehab center tried, very aggressively, to get me to “agree” to stay with them instead, for the entire duration of my convalescence, and threatened to refuse to discharge me. They changed their tune after my infectious disease doctor arranged to transfer my daily IV antibiotic treatments to an outpatient infusion center. Obviously, the rehab center was no longer going to get the antibiotics, so they relented and discharged me. I then went home and eventually made a full recovery.

I suspect that the rehab center was trying to hang on to me for as long as they could, to milk Medicare of as many dollars as they could.

When I was in physical rehab for an infected wound (we’re talking IV antibiotics, daily wound dressing changes and daily PT and OT), the doctor’s (not the rehab doctor’s, but the ones I had originally seen for wound treatment, before going into rehab) and I devised a way to continue my treatment that would let me continue the treatment on an outpatient basis while at home. The rehab center tried, very aggressively, to get me to “agree” to stay with them instead, for the entire duration of my convalescence, and threatened to refuse to discharge me. They changed their tune after my infectious disease doctor arranged to transfer my daily IV antibiotic treatments to an outpatient infusion center. Obviously, the rehab center was no longer going to get the antibiotics, so they relented and discharged me. I then went home and eventually made a full recovery.

I suspect that the rehab center was trying to hang on to me for as long as they could, to milk Medicare of as many dollars as they could.

Yes, aside from outright fraud, there is much waste.

Back
Top Bottom