• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pranked by The Bee

Yes, if someone does have a genetic disorder, then we are talking about someone who is neither man nor a woman. Conversely, if someone merely attests that their gender is in direct opposition to their DNA — which is the legal standard in many states and almost certainly the case with trans celebs like Levine and Thomas — then we are talking about a flight from reality.
How many transgenders have you heard of being diagnosed with psychosis? How many are out there seeing stars and hearing voices and talking to themselves? You're making them out to be clinically insane, yet the actual reality seems to be pretty far removed from that notion.

How many transgenders have you heard of being diagnosed with psychosis? How many are out there seeing stars and hearing voices and talking to themselves? You're making them out to be clinically insane, yet the actual reality seems to be pretty far removed from that notion.
Not sure I know of any, though I imagine there must be some. What's your point?

No, it's the transphobes like @SkyChief that find her creepy. That's why they hatefully call her a lipstick-wearing man with a lopped off dick, and then pretend to not understand why liberals want to teach more tolerance and understanding in school.
That a lie.

I never said (or even implied) that Rachel Levine is creepy. Here's what I actually said:
It's fine if people want to lop off their genitalia and pretend to be a member of the opposite sex - - it's a free country. But I won't call a man a woman.

I know exactly what a woman is, and the person pictured in the OP (Rachel Levine) is NOT a woman - it is a man masquerading as a woman.
You can't offer any argument to the fact that Levine is still a man, so you make a claim that I said things which I never said.

Shame on you. If you have a valid argument, then make it. Stop with your lies and false accusations.

That a lie.

I never said (or even implied) that Rachel Levine is creepy. Here's what I actually said:

You can't offer any argument to the fact that Levine is still a man, so you make a claim that I said things which I never said.

Shame on you. If you have a valid argument, then make it. Stop with your lies and false accusations.
They have to resort to lying as facts and reason are not on their side.

Not sure I know of any, though I imagine there must be some. What's your point?
My point is you can't fairly call it a "flight from reality" if you have no evidence of mental dementia or psychosis.

Cutting off one's dick and wearing lipstick doesn't transform a man into a woman - it just makes him a dickless man wearing lipstick.

Why must everyone be so afraid to speak the truth these days?
I'm not afraid, so, I'm curious about why you are so triggered by the way this person leads their life. What concern is it of yours?

That a lie.

Why do you have such a vested personal interest in refusing to call her a woman? It makes no sense why you would think it's any of your business to decide for her, unless you just find it creepy or something equally nonsensical.

My point is you can't fairly call it a "flight from reality" if you have no evidence of mental dementia or psychosis.
It is a conditional assertion. If RacheleLevine does not have an XY chromosome disorder, then she (and you) are departing from reality when you make the claim he is a woman.

Conversely, should Levine have such a chromosome disorder, he (or she) would be neither man nor woman but something in between, i.e. intersex.

And they are STILL booted from twitter... And Seth is still and idiot..

Precisely how I expected you to respond, thank you. Proving the thoughts I hadn't written here yet.

It's the reason you don't see conservative stand-up comedy routines these days in the US. Conservatives have abandoned telling jokes, in favor of this sort of trolling where the whole point is the reaction, not the joke. Because there isn't a joke here. "Hahahah we called Levine a woman but we don't actually think Levine is a woman and this makes liberals mad! We said we're sorry but we're not actually sorry hahaha does this make you mad, liberals?" The political version of watching Johnny Knoxville on the show Jackass bothering random people on the street.

(Note that this is not the same as saying no conservative stand up comics, you still have people like Jeff Foxworthy around who is a conservative but his routine is not terribly political in nature)

Right wingers will blame this shift in stand-up on "wokism" or something, but the reality is these people just aren't making jokes anymore. They're trolling, and there just isn't as large a market for this sort of act. Bee tries to be The Onion, but conservative, but they fall short of even the definition of satire. What are they satirizing with this post of theirs? Themselves? "Hahaha we tricked you into thinking we were being decent human beings, but we're not decent human beings April fools!" Ok, I guess? Shoveling manure on your own head while screaming "DOES THIS BOTHER YOU, LIBERALS?" A bit, I guess? What you are doing is weird and confusing to me and I'm worried about the mindset of a person who thinks this is funny, but I wouldn't describe myself as "triggered," no.

Here's another example:
Note that they start off with the "joke" that conservatives only have two jokes. And they tell you the two jokes... and they're not even actually different jokes. "Did you just assume my gender" and "Identify as blank" are the same joke!

And then you watch this video and... they don't actually tell another joke. So what's the joke? What is being satirized? The joke is you're bad at telling jokes? Uhh, ok?

The weirdest part is, a conservative will laugh at my post here because it's still a reaction, and the reaction is all they ever cared about.

It is a conditional assertion. If RacheleLevine does not have an XY chromosome disorder, then she (and you) are departing from reality when you make the claim he is a woman.

Conversely, should Levine have such a chromosome disorder, he (or she) would be neither man nor woman but something in between, i.e. intersex.
I don't understand why chromosomes should be the only determining factor. What about epigenetic conditions? What about other conditions, possibly in the DNA, that we haven't even discovered yet? And why should it be anyone else's business in the first place? If the person is clearly not suffering from psychosis or dementia, then most likely they're telling the truth about how they feel and there's no harm in accepting their transition so they can live a reasonably normal and happy life. Continuing to insist "he's still a dude!" doesn't bring any value, it's just being insensitive and intolerant.

There isn't actually a joke here. A joke has a basic structure that this does not follow. The correct term is trolling.
Yes, there is. You just don't get it, and that's perfectly okay with me.

Yes, there is. You just don't get it, and that's perfectly okay with me.
No, you already admitted that the reaction is the point.

There isn't actually a joke here. A joke has a basic structure that this does not follow. The correct term is trolling.
Do you really not understand the joke?

Do you really not understand the joke?
Nat already mentioned that the reaction is the funny part.

However, he wasn't actually brave enough to describe the joke. Maybe you can step up where he failed and tell us all what's so funny.

Why do you have such a vested personal interest in refusing to call her a woman?
Because it's a LIE.

I tell the truth. You "woke" liars stomp your feet and throw tantrums when faced with the truth - - which is exactly what the Babylon Bee is lampooning here.

It makes no sense why you would think it's any of your business to decide for her, unless you just find it creepy or something equally nonsensical.
I make no decisions for Levine. I never said it is creepy. That's twice you have accused me of saying something that I never said.

Why can't you people just tell the truth? Why must you rely on lies and false accusations to support your nonsensical arguments?

Levine can pretend that he's a woman - there is no harm in that. But that doesn't mean that others must go along with the lie.

I don't understand why chromosomes should be the only determining factor. What about epigenetic conditions? What about other conditions, possibly in the DNA, that we haven't even discovered yet? And why should it be anyone else's business in the first place? If the person is clearly not suffering from psychosis or dementia, then most likely they're telling the truth about how they feel and there's no harm in accepting their transition so they can live a reasonably normal and happy life. Continuing to insist "he's still a dude!" doesn't bring any value, it's just being insensitive and intolerant.
You can theorize anything might be possible, but gender (i.e. sex) is first and foremost a set of biological traits: primary and secondary sex characteristics. We have long since discovered that all the physical characteristics you possess are a product of your DNA. You have two hands, one heart, and ten toes because of your DNA. Your reproductive organs and, to whatever extent male and female brains differ, are also a product of your DNA. That is why DNA is an excellent basis for defining gender. It's understood by modern science, and its conditions are testable.

Down the road, who knows? We may actually find that people like Rachel Levine do in fact have a genetic disorder that has left them with a male body and a "female brain" and that she is not suffering from a form of delusion. In which case, she would still not be a woman. Much like others with genetic defects on their X and Y chromosomes, Levine would then be considered intersex.

Lastly, continuing to insist "he's still a dude!" does bring value: the truth.

For satire, the reaction is only a means to an end.
So you admit it wasn't satire, then. To you, the reaction is the funny part.

Nat already mentioned that the reaction is the funny part.

However, he wasn't actually brave enough to describe the joke. Maybe you can step up where he failed and tell us all what's so funny.
The Bee named him/her as their man of the year. THey were crucified and twitter blocked them until they withdrew the story and apologized. They said 'when hell freezes over.' This retraction and apology is an April Fool's joke.

The Bee named him/her as their man of the year. THey were crucified and twitter blocked them until they withdrew the story and apologized. They said 'when hell freezes over.' This retraction and apology is an April Fool's joke.

Yeah, I already went over that. Oh, so when you got all smug about me not getting the joke you actually just hadn't read the thread? LOL! Now that's funny!

Back
Top Bottom