• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Practicing their slow pitch?

Bullseye

All Lives Matter or No Lives Matter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Not that Trump’s out and Biden’s in, the White House press corp has been practicing throwing soft ball questions to FauxJoe.

"The drama has made him famous, but Acosta said he doesn’t expect to bring the same crusading style to his coverage of the next administration. 'I don’t think the press should be trying to whip up the Biden presidency and turn it into must-see TV in a contrived way,' he said.
"If that sounds like a double standard, Acosta told me it’s not partisan—it’s a matter of professional solidarity. In his view, Trump’s campaign to discredit the press has constituted a 'nonstop national emergency,' one that required a defiant response. 'If being at the White House is not an experience that might merit hazard pay,' he said, 'then perhaps it is going to be approached differently.’

Professional Journalism at its finest.

They’re not after me, They’re after you
I’m just in the way -
Donald Trump

It's going to be hilarious in four years when you realize Trump is in prison, but you're just as free as you ever were.

As I just said in another thread:

____
Prepare for four years of Biden being a much better and more presidential president than Trump was. But also prepare for four years of lying Trumpists whining 24/7 about how "the media" is horribly victimizing them by not going out of its way to run exactly as much negative coverage of Biden as it did Trump.

Expect them never to admit that different things are different, and thus a better president will generally receive better coverage than one of the worst presidents in history received.

Also expect the anti-Obama lies to be repackaged and magnified, then aimed at Biden.

Also expect extreme ugliness, perhaps even beyond what they did under Trump, and expect to be told that it is revenge both for Trump's loss, and for the fact that the media reported all those awful, corrupt, and criminal things Trump did.

Expect to be told that it's just as bad for Biden to wear a tan suit or stumble over a line as it was for Trump to withhold aid for Ukraine in a bid to extort the manufacturing of fake dirt on Biden. Expect the usual both-sides and "did you condemn" suspects to do this daily.

Yadda. Yadda. Yadda.
____

I wonder how many times I'll have to say something like that today?

It's funny how different things and different people are treated differently. I mean, by golly, you'd expect a prosecutor to question a murderer just as harshly as a shoplifter, and a shoplifter just as harshly as one of the prosecutor's own witnesses. But - gasp - amazingly the prosecutor will question each differently. It's downright rude to that murderer.

Similarly, the media will report on a genocide differently than it reports on a two-car highway accident. But you'd expect them to report on them equally. It's just not fair to the accident for the genocide to get so much negative coverage.

It really is weird, huh?

It's funny how different things and different people are treated differently. I mean, by golly, you'd expect a prosecutor to question a murderer just as harshly as a shoplifter, and a shoplifter just as harshly as one of the prosecutor's own witnesses. But - gasp - amazingly the prosecutor will question each differently. It's downright rude to that murderer.

Similarly, the media will report on a genocide differently than it reports on a two-car highway accident. But you'd expect them to report on them equally. It's just not fair to the accident for the genocide to get so much negative coverage.

It really is weird, huh?
Journalists are NOT prosecutors - their function is to investigate and report, not sermonize. We, the readers or viewers on the ones that decide which are murderers and with are shoplifters. But thenks for one last confirmation that Trump’s “fake news” slogan is total fact.

Do you think the way the media treated Trump was how the media should treat a president?
With a little bit more civility and respect, yes absolutely. A reporter that fantasizing about kissing his subject’s butt isn’t a reporter, he’s a propagandist.

Journalists are NOT prosecutors - their function is to investigate and report, not sermonize. We, the readers or viewers on the ones that decide which are murderers and with are shoplifters. But thenks for one last confirmation that Trump’s “fake news” slogan is total fact.

He nailed it!

Like the election
Like the fake news election fraud lie that led to an act of insurrection by trump supportes who will now get ten years in federal prison by the law trump got passed to **** with BLM?

Cuz that's some really good fake news!

Totally amazing. Biden gets a kiss on the cheek for corrupt deals with China (a serious “journalist” would have eaten that up) and finding cushy jobs for Hunter.

Oh it’s gonna be a fun four years watching the leftist
media clown car do their thing..:

Like the election
Like the fake news election fraud lie that led to an act of insurrection by trump supportes who will now get ten years in federal prison by the law trump got passed to **** with BLM?

Cuz that's some really good fake news!

So Trump was already convicted by the senate then?

So Trump was already convicted by the senate then?
Some of us can go by the evidence of our eyes and ears and are not limited to the sources we can use.

You should try it sometime.

Some of us can go by the evidence of our eyes and ears and are not limited to the sources we can use.

You should try it sometime.
Deflection

I would expect President Biden will have a better working relationship with the press. I doubt he will demean them. When one attacks the press, one should expect blowback from the press.

It really is weird, huh?
My god, what a bunch of bullshit.

Disbelief, horror and downright mockery. If the reaction of world newspapers to Donald Trump's victory is a barometer of public opinion then America's president elect has bridges to build.

Trump's ratings across Europe and Asia are hugely negative, and many of Thursday's front pages reflected that.

So, negative on November 10, 2016. Your narrative is a pile of rubbish, the press was negative before he was even sworn in. No honeymoon period, no time to learn expected policy, nothing but instant hostility. So don't play your violin about the poor, beat up press. Your sanctimonious Trump bad guy is rationalization and scapegoating for the loathsome behavior of press.

I can't think of a single thing I care to know about Biden, after we complete the DNA test to confirm he's not Trump or related to Trump.
I think you just regurgitated Biden’s campaign slogan.

As I just said in another thread:

____
Prepare for four years of Biden being a much better and more presidential president than Trump was. But also prepare for four years of lying Trumpists whining 24/7 about how "the media" is horribly victimizing them by not going out of its way to run exactly as much negative coverage of Biden as it did Trump.

Expect them never to admit that different things are different, and thus a better president will generally receive better coverage than one of the worst presidents in history received.

Also expect the anti-Obama lies to be repackaged and magnified, then aimed at Biden.

Also expect extreme ugliness, perhaps even beyond what they did under Trump, and expect to be told that it is revenge both for Trump's loss, and for the fact that the media reported all those awful, corrupt, and criminal things Trump did.

Expect to be told that it's just as bad for Biden to wear a tan suit or stumble over a line as it was for Trump to withhold aid for Ukraine in a bid to extort the manufacturing of fake dirt on Biden. Expect the usual both-sides and "did you condemn" suspects to do this daily.

Yadda. Yadda. Yadda.
____

I wonder how many times I'll have to say something like that today?
For this reason above all others, the DoJ must continue investigating djt obstruction discussed in the Mueller report. “The president was not exculpated for the acts that he allegedly committed,” Mueller declared at the opening of congressional hearings into his investigation of Russian interference to help Trump win the 2016 election.

The best way to put the big lie about the election to bed is to put the lie that Mueller didn't find anything away as well.

Back
Top Bottom