• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Powerful commentary about Israel

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
There's a lot of hard truth told passionately in this commentary. People interested in understanding, in learning that they have some brainwashing, can benefit from it. It doesn't lead to solutions, but it's good to be more informed and support the right politics, and help just a little to push things in a better direction.

There's a lot of hard truth told passionately in this commentary. People interested in understanding, in learning that they have some brainwashing, can benefit from it. It doesn't lead to solutions, but it's good to be more informed and support the right politics, and help just a little to push things in a better direction.

Your source seems alternative and very obscure.

Can you provide a link to at least one mainstream source with similar subject matter and political views?

bloggery.
Blogs can be useful for getting a feel of what people are personally going through. I dont think the op is posting this as empirical evidence.

Blogs can be useful for getting a feel of what people are personally going through. I dont think the op is posting this as empirical evidence.
While I have no way of knowing the OP's intentions, you're probably correct.

It's just that I don't give much consideration to cited bloggery, seeing how it's usually an echo chamber demonstration. That applies to utube vids as well.

It's just that I don't give much consideration to cited bloggery, seeing how it's usually an echo chamber demonstration. That applies to utube vids as well.
I don't think that makes any sense. You're basically ruling out opinions, many fact, morals as things you care about, not leaving much. For example, the Declaration of Independence I guess for you would be unimportant bloggery of some guys saying they had complaints about the monarchy. Criticism of the Holocaust? More uninmportant bloggery? Calls for protecting the climate? Etc.

I don't think that makes any sense. You're basically ruling out opinions, many fact, morals as things you care about, not leaving much. For example, the Declaration of Independence I guess for you would be unimportant bloggery of some guys saying they had complaints about the monarchy. Criticism of the Holocaust? More uninmportant bloggery? Calls for protecting the climate? Etc.
This is a debate forum and backing up one's opinions with facts helps. Starting off on this thread with the supposition that people are brain-washed does not. Especially if they have as yet not said a thing.

But I'll oblige in that respect with attacking the supposition (offered in the link title) that Israel is colonialist.

Colonialists colonize another country from their home country with assistance from the same. Like Brits colonized India, for instance, or the French Algeria. Since nobody can name any country (let alone its military assistance) from which Israelis in this manner colonized the area hitherto named as Palestine, that claim (of colonialism) is already false.

But I don't waste my time watching videos presented in substitution for argument made in person. So if you have an argument, please present it.

Goes for the Constitution, the Holocaust, the climate and everything else.

But I don't waste my time watching videos presented in substitution for argument made in person. So if you have an argument, please present it.
No, I don't plan to summarize the issue he comments on so well in a post. You can ignore issues you want.

No one is interested in the modern human rights disaster? It's our money paying for it.

is it arguying that the global far right is in favor of israel?

It's ironic watching the people lining up to pay their respects to the memory of Desmond Tutu, who for decades was outspoken in his condemnation of the plight of the Palestinian suffering under apartheid control. He fought it in his own country and recognised it when he saw it.
In the UK, one such is Keir Starmer, who suspended the previous Labour leader's party membership for expressing similar views, but lauded Tutu.

I would have preferred if it was an article. It is much easier to address points made in an article. And during the day I rather not have my computer speakers on.

No one is interested in the modern human rights disaster? It's our money paying for it.
What human rights disaster is this?

But I'll oblige in that respect with attacking the supposition (offered in the link title) that Israel is colonialist.
Colonialists colonize another country from their home country with assistance from the same. Like Brits colonized India, for instance, or the French Algeria. Since nobody can name any country (let alone its military assistance) from which Israelis in this manner colonized the area hitherto named as Palestine, that claim (of colonialism) is already false.
In addition to your above point, since Israelis are indigenous to the West Bank area, there is no way that they could ever be colonialists. How can someone be a colonialist in their own homeland?

Disqualifying question. Sorry, knowledge of reading English and awareness of basic world issues required.
So I guess that means there is no actual human rights disaster here. Otherwise you could say what it is.

So I guess that means there is no actual human rights disaster here. Otherwise you could say what it is.
Tell me the name of the vice mayor of the third largest city in Spain. Otherwise they have no vice mayor.

Tell me the name of the vice mayor of the third largest city in Spain. Otherwise they have no vice mayor.
Indeed they do not. In the absence of any concrete claims, there is no reason for anyone to believe that there is anything to these vague insinuations.

Back
Top Bottom