• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Power of Congress Usurped ?

sKiTzo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
US set for Syria strikes after Kerry says evidence of chemical attack is 'clear' | World news | The Guardian

"The White House has indicated it does not believe it needs the backing of Congress, nor the support of traditional allies, before taking action against Assad."

What happened to a government for the people and by the people?Does this bother anyone? How can we restore sanity to our government and give the power back to the people?
All I know is, Barack Hussein Obama is definitely not going to try to get a third term.

All I know is, Barack Hussein Obama is definitely not going to try to get a third term.

Don't you think that if he were going to establish himself as a dictator, last October would have been the time to do it?

Don't you think that if he were going to establish himself as a dictator, last October would have been the time to do it?
Not really. It takes more than 4 years to destroy a free nation, as we're not going to just sit here and watch. This next four years is when the real slide begins. Will we still be America in 2016, or will we look more like Hussein's version of Cuba?

US set for Syria strikes after Kerry says evidence of chemical attack is 'clear' | World news | The Guardian

"The White House has indicated it does not believe it needs the backing of Congress, nor the support of traditional allies, before taking action against Assad."

What happened to a government for the people and by the people?Does this bother anyone? How can we restore sanity to our government and give the power back to the people?

Will Congress stand up for itself? If not, then 2014 is right around the corner, and voters who care should fire representatives who are spineless.

Not really. It takes more than 4 years to destroy a free nation, as we're not going to just sit here and watch. This next four years is when the real slide begins. Will we still be America in 2016, or will we look more like Hussein's version of Cuba?

I'm inclined to agree with the pundit who observed: "America can survive the Obama presidency. I am not so sure America can survive an electorate that gives him a second term."

It's all part of the great cycle: Slavery -> Independence -> Prosperity -> Complacency -> Dependency -> Slavery.

Uhhhhh..... what'd ya say?

(CNN) -- U.S. President Barack Obama said Saturday that the United States "should take military action against Syrian targets" over its alleged use of chemical weapons, but added that he will seek congressional authorization for the move.

Obama urges military action against Syria but will seek Congress' OK - CNN.com

Hussein's version of Cuba? In what ****ed up RW wet dream did that exist?

Hussein's version of Cuba? In what ****ed up RW wet dream did that exist?
You got me. I think I was just upset. Are you having a good holiday weekend?

the govt. of the USA no longer governs by the consent of the governed...what is happening now is the displacement of a constitutional order by a regime that does not have, will not obtain, and cannot command the consent of the people.

the govt. of the USA no longer governs by the consent of the governed...what is happening now is the displacement of a constitutional order by a regime that does not have, will not obtain, and cannot command the consent of the people.
Excellent articulation of the issue. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom