• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

POWELL: New Facts Indicate Mueller Destroyed Evidence, Obstructed Justice

Really. The judge in Cohen's case played Pontius Pilate. "Look, I have no idea if this guy's guilty of all of this or not, but if you folks wanna kill him, it's okay with me. Hey! We outta grapes here, or what?"

Dat be whut justice look like when you on a mishun.

Really. The judge in Cohen's case played Pontius Pilate. "Look, I have no idea if this guy's guilty of all of this or not, but if you folks wanna kill him, it's okay with me. Hey! We outta grapes here, or what?"

I'm still laughing at the image of the judge and grapes thing.

More just GOP bullsh*t which we have read too many of so far. If this was true it would have been leaked many times over. And I bet the judge will be sentencing Flynn very soon.

What stopped him a week ago when it came before him?

This all could have been resolved if they had assigned a democrat to investigate Trump. Mueller is obviously a GOP plant with a sophisticated plan to be so corrupt as to destroy the credibility of the investigation. They will stop at nothing to destroy Trump! :)

Seriously, if Jarred and Ivanka were in charge of the investigation, the right wing would be complaining.

SIAP.. This is a straw man. Mueller (and Comey) are Never-Trumpers.

The Muel is covering up for his own misdeeds, he HAS to succeed, as his own ass in on the line... as is Comey's, Rosensteinks, the fat lady etc etc etc... [ see U 1 coverup ]

The Muel is about as GOP as Nancy P. He has a longer face but she has the most stretched smile... or whatever that's called on her face.

Hope Mueller is not as shoot-from-the-hip judgemental about Trump as your post is about Mueller.

The difference is that through his attorneys Cohen was trying to save some of his ass from more severe penalties for his real crimes. So his attorneys told him he was going to have to plead guilty to something for which he'd never get jail time anyway but which was the only thing the SDNY could play up as a Trump connection.

With Flynn, they had to use deceit, the Logan Act, and personal destruction.

Literally nothing you just posted is based in reality.

Which is sad.

Hate to tell you - but Mueller has been a registered republican longer than trump has. Remember trumpers - trump WAS a democrat before he decided to run for president. He knew his best chances were to run as a republican...cos the democrats would NEVER nominate someone as stupid and corrupt as he is.

His entire team is made up Clinton supporters, donors and even at least one former Clinton employee.

SIAP.. This is a straw man. Mueller (and Comey) are Never-Trumpers.

So I take it you would accept Jarred and Ivanka as investigators? Help me out here. Whom should have been appointed? Hint: investigators can put aside their political beliefs and be objective. I used to investigate civil rights complaints. Many times there was a very sympathetic complainant who had been treated terribly by an employer, but it wasn't illegal discrimination. One goes where the evidence takes one.

Trump's trashing of the investigation has had its affect, as even before its conclusions, some conservatives are agreeing with him. Would be fun if he found nothing, just to see egg on folks' faces.

Hope Mueller is not as shoot-from-the-hip judgemental about Trump as your post is about Mueller.
Mine is a practiced aim, hip, shoulder with scope, grenade tossed American pitcher style right at the target... whatever is required.

It appears you have no clues as to the Muel's past, his darker lives, eh? Do some research, the truth is out there.

Yano?

While I tend to believe the gist of Powell's contentions, her factual errors are not to her favor.

For example: "of the Jan. 24, 2016 ambush interview of General Flynn by two agents". The ambush interview didn't happen in 2016. It happened in 2017.

I see things like that as a typo rather than a factual error. The ambush did indeed happen in January 2017, but even Comey admitted that in the Bush 41 or the Obama administrations they never would have done it. January 24 was four days into the new Trump administration. Mueller was not appointed until May.

Even Agents Strzok and Pientka did not think Flynn lied about anything though and, even though they were part of the corrupt, unethical, and dishonest 7th floor FBI elite, Strzok is on the record as believing there was no 'there' there in the Russian collusion theory. They would need to find something else to use to destroy Trump.

Flynn was charged with lying on a single inconsequential and inadvertent misstatement of fact in subsequent interviews and, after he had been forced to resign his position in the Trump administration, sell his house and had exhausted his reserves, he pled guilty to that single charge to a) protect what little was left of his personal resources and b) to protect his son that, according to those in a position to know, they threatened to go after next if he (Flynn) was not cooperative.

That is what our Justice Department, including the Mueller investigation, has become. And it should not be okay to anybody.

No, it's not. What an asinine lie.

It is a fact that Mueller's team--the team he put together--is mostly Democrats--one or two may be unaffiliated--despite the fact that the last time Mueller himself registered to vote, it was as a Republican. It is a fact that most on the team did contribute to Hillary's campaign. It is a fact that it is highly unlikely that ANY of them, including Mueller, voted for Donald Trump. It is a fact that WAPO and Politifact and others including a lot of Trump haters on message boards want to minimalize or detract from those facts. It goes beyond the realm of coincidence that nobody other than Mueller who registered Republican was drafted onto the team.

Unless you can rebut any statement I am making here, apsdt may have engaged in a bit of hyperbole that we all do from time to time, but he definitely did not tell an 'asinine lie'.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...stuffed-democrats-fact-checkers-hate-emphasis

It is a fact that Mueller's team--the team he put together--is all Democrats--one or two may be unaffiliated--despite the fact that the last time Mueller himself registered to vote, it was as a Republican. It is a fact that most on the team did contribute to Hillary's campaign. It is a fact that it is highly unlikely that ANY of them, including Mueller, voted for Donald Trump. It is a fact that WAPO and Politifact and others including a lot of Trump haters on message boards want to minimalize or detract from those facts. It goes beyond the realm of coincidence that there were no Republicans drafted onto the team.

Unless you can rebut any statement I am making here, apsdt may have engaged in a bit of hyperbole that we all do from time to time, but he definitely did not tell an 'asinine lie'.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...stuffed-democrats-fact-checkers-hate-emphasis

So, IOW, they're not all Democrats, and to claim that they are is an asinine lie.

Thanks for confirming that.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...-checking-donald-trumps-claims-about-Mueller/

I'm only confirming that to call slight hyperbole an 'asinine lie' is in itself pretty asinine.

It was either true or it was not. Turns out, it's not true.

Hence, it's an asinine lie.

But you go ahead and cling to your fantasy narrative if it helps.

Has CNN, NBC, ABC, NYT, WaPo been all over this?

ROTFLOL...

There's a reason for that, it's called 'editorial integrity".

What you trumpo's don't understand is how the media operates. They COMPETE for a piece of an ever-shrinking pie, and do so be being accurate. There is a reasons reporters from the Guardian, La Presse, Toronto Globe, Montreal Gazette, Vancouver Sun, et all have similar stories is NOT because they hold secret meeting, but because that's where the investigation takes them.

Pardon me but American are paranoid to begin with and the far right is far out. You create these little fantasies of "everyone out to get you" to ease your own conscience.

When Trump says "there was no collusion" he is only right if that's a reference to the media.

Sorry, but in 30 years as a journalist I never ONCE saw anything in the National Inquirer that was worthy of comment let alone follow-up, but ****, now we find out it's the de facto White House Press relations department.

ROTFLOL...

No, they haven't covered it. They know that someone who says the interview between Flynn and Strzok happened on January 24, 2016 - one full year before it actually happened - is clueless and isn't to be taken seriously.

But at least she had the opportunity to promote her book to the clueless Trump fans.

Next time try not to post something that's so pathetic it's laughable.

Last edited:
It was either true or it was not. Turns out, it's not true.

Hence, it's an asinine lie.

But you go ahead and cling to your fantasy narrative if it helps.

You bet I'll cling to a narrative that I can support with facts and evidence despite the fact that you just made an asinine characterization of it. When the narrative is exaggerated a bit for emphasis or brevity, I don't presume that the exaggeration negates the intended truth within the point made.

There were a lot of you who didn't accept Ken Starr's conclusions. But if he had drafted a team of all registered Republicans except for two or unaffiliated registered voters, most of whom had contributed to Bush 41's campaign, none who had contributed to Clinton's campaign and almost certainly none who had voted for Clinton. . .

. . .in that scenario, I don't think any of us, even those who despised Clinton, would quibble with a statement that Starr's team was stacked with all Republican Bush supporters, even if that didn't apply to two or three members on the team. We certainly would not characterize it as an 'asinine lie.'

Yeah, and...?

The Muel is AC-DC establishment, means he goes either way as long as they go the establishment way. Yano? Oh yeah, my bad, how could you know?

You are obviously stuck, lost in a fairy tale of epic comic book proportions. If he is so stupid, how is it that he beat everyone on our side and your side, including 4 former presidents arrayed against him, the media, Hollywood and academia?

BTW, When they draw the fat lady in those comics, do they make her with a Scarlett Johansson face and body... or do they keep her as the blob in a tent, canckles and all?

Inquiring minds want to know. :lamo

So now law breakers are called anti-establishment? I still call them criminals.

You bet I'll cling to a narrative that I can support with facts and evidence despite the fact that you just made an asinine characterization of it. When the narrative is exaggerated a bit for emphasis or brevity, I don't presume that the exaggeration negates the intended truth within the point made.

There were a lot of you who didn't accept Ken Starr's conclusions. But if he had drafted a team of all registered Republicans except for two or unaffiliated registered voters, most of whom had contributed to Bush 41's campaign, none who had contributed to Clinton's campaign and almost certainly none who had voted for Clinton. . .

. . .in that scenario, I don't think any of us, even those who despised Clinton, would quibble with a statement that Starr's team was stacked with all Republican Bush supporters, even if that didn't apply to two or three members on the team. We certainly would not characterize it as an 'asinine lie.'

I didn't characterize anything; I called a lie a 'lie'. This seems to have upset you.

So much so that you're blather about irrelevancies like Ken Starr.

He lied. You support that lie.

'nuff said.

I didn't characterize anything; I called a lie a 'lie'. This seems to have upset you.

So much so that you're blather about irrelevancies like Ken Starr.

He lied. You support that lie.

'nuff said.

Well I get scolded if I reply to a silly post like this with the truth of what I think about it. So I'll just bless your heart and wish you a pleasant afternoon.

Well I get scolded if I reply to a silly post like this with the truth of what I think about it. So I'll just bless your heart and wish you a pleasant afternoon.

Thanks for confirming that you're quite comfy with lies.

Not a surprise, but it's good to know.

ROTFLOL...

Yawn...Nothing to see here. The FBI can interview anyone they choose and if Flynn lied to them it is against the law. You do know all that don't you?

Yawn...Nothing to see here. The FBI can interview anyone they choose and if Flynn lied to them it is against the law. You do know all that don't you?

No, they cannot. And they dodged White House protocols, FBI rules, as well as LYING to FLYNN to set him up.

No, they cannot. And they dodged White House protocols, FBI rules, as well as LYING to FLYNN to set him up.

LOL You mean there were people other than Trump that dodged "Whitehouse protocols"? Color me shocked.

Back
Top Bottom