• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Powell for president

Would you vote for Powell?

• Damn right it's about time!

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Vice president First

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No, Hillary 08!

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
I would trust Powell over Gulliani any day. Powell had enough sense to separate from the Bush administration. For that, he has my respect. He carries an air of dignity and integrity that the spineless Bush administration lacks. But then again, I don't think I am going to vote republican or democrat. That's why I can not vote in this poll. Good luck.

I would trust Powell over Gulliani any day. Powell had enough sense to separate from the Bush administration. For that, he has my respect. He carries an air of dignity and integrity that the spineless Bush administration lacks. But then again, I don't think I am going to vote republican or democrat. That's why I can not vote in this poll. Good luck.

Again I can care less about what party you affiliate with, but a hoorah to Powell. I think he would be a good president and do a better job then hilary for that matter.

Powell has good character. He is smart, courageous, and thoughtful. I think he would be a great leader. Actually he is the most capable person I can think of to handle the increasingly heavy duties of our President.

Powell has good character. He is smart, courageous, and thoughtful. I think he would be a great leader. Actually he is the most capable person I can think of to handle the increasingly heavy duties of our President.

Well said sir

Powell would make a rotten leader. He was spineless when it came to Afghanistan and Iraq, he supports affirmative, open discrimination against Caucasians, and he is a weak man, a typical example of a Democrat.

But Powell was against the war in Afghanistan! What a woos-boy!

Depending on who his opponent is I would vote for Powell but I am not sure this country would elect and African American President.........

Navy Pride said:
Depending on who his opponent is I would vote for Powell but I am not sure this country would elect and African American President.........

Years ago, Powell said he will never attempt to be President because(paraphrasing)...his wife didn't like the idea of him going to work everyday with a "bullseye" on his forehead...

This thread is really a pipe-dream...It's not happening...

cnredd said:
Years ago, Powell said he will never attempt to be President because(paraphrasing)...his wife didn't like the idea of him going to work everyday with a "bullseye" on his forehead...

and sadly that is what would happen.........

Sad that Navy is probably right on about that and probably deserves deeper insight (because he seems to think Blacks would rather look up to Sharpton or Jackson instead of Powell)

I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed ... managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units .... Of the many tragedies of Vietnam, this raw class discrimination strikes me as the most damaging to the ideal that all Americans are created equal and owe equal allegiance to their country (Colin Powell, My American Journey, p. 148)

Hmmm........

Anybody but hilary please.... Tell ya what, I'll vote for cnredd before medusa gets a lever pull.

Ya up for it cn:2razz:

Calm2Chaos said:
Anybody but hilary please.... Tell ya what, I'll vote for cnredd before medusa gets a lever pull.

Ya up for it cn:2razz:

Voting for me before Hillary is NOT much of a compliment.:roll:

I have stated this publicly years ago to friends and co-workers...

"I will never attempt to become the President of the United States..."

Why?

"Cause I don't want to be in change of you A-holes!":2wave:

I have an urge to write a book showing how everyday Americans can be total idiots...excerpts from frivolous lawsuits...articles that show "Darwin Award" nominees...and general blather how people care more about Brad & Jen breaking up more than they do about their nation's well-being...

Title?..."You suck!":2wave:

cnredd said:
Voting for me before Hillary is NOT much of a compliment.:roll:

I have stated this publicly years ago to friends and co-workers...

"I will never attempt to become the President of the United States..."

Why?

"Cause I don't want to be in change of you A-holes!":2wave:

I have an urge to write a book showing how everyday Americans can be total idiots...excerpts from frivolous lawsuits...articles that show "Darwin Award" nominees...and general blather how people care more about Brad & Jen breaking up more than they do about their nation's well-being...

Title?..."You suck!":2wave:

Well damm..
OK then powell it is.
Anything other then angry hillary...lol She's a little bit scary....:2razz:

Calm2Chaos said:
Well damm..
OK then powell it is.
Anything other then angry hillary...lol She's a little bit scary....:2razz:
That's like saying "Bigfoot is a little hairy"...

And they rhyme, too!;)

Kinda reminds me of a quote I once read.............

The American people are very generous people and will forgive almost any weakness, with the possible exception of stupidity.
- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

cnredd said:

Ya I know but what a great dream though. I want to know who voted no probably aryan or aufrag.

Surenderer said:
Kinda reminds me of a quote I once read.............

The American people are very generous people and will forgive almost any weakness, with the possible exception of stupidity.
- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Nice one...now that one reminds ME of a past quote...

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa

The Last one I will post is from the infamous Dan Quayle:

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.
- Dan Quayle

I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.
- Dan Quayle

But I guess I could quote him all day....but who is more stupid.........him or me for reading his book? <shrug>

Surenderer said:
But I guess I could quote him all day....but who is more stupid.........him or me for reading his book? <shrug>

As long as you didn't use your own money to read it, you are forgiven.:2wave:

Surenderer said:
Sad that Navy is probably right on about that and probably deserves deeper insight (because he seems to think Blacks would rather look up to Sharpton or Jackson instead of Powell)

I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed ... managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units .... Of the many tragedies of Vietnam, this raw class discrimination strikes me as the most damaging to the ideal that all Americans are created equal and owe equal allegiance to their country (Colin Powell, My American Journey, p. 148)

Hmmm........

I have heard prominent Black Americans like Harry Bellafonte call General Powell and Uncle Tom and a token black in the Bush administration......

I would vote for Guiliani-Powell any day. I voted for McCain when he ran against Bush, but I can't support him now, he has become the Republican version of Joe Lieberman-barely in his party. My prime pick for leadership and positions on the issues is definitely Guiliani.

This is why some people in america are just plain idiots. And its becasue people would rather see a white person in charge than a black. Supremisists would rather have hitler in charge than Powell and thats rediculous.

I would actually vote for powell before chenney, hillary, or anyone else for that matter.

Powell for president:2wave:

Although cnredd i think would be a good candidate I think he would rather kick peoples asses in arguments on forums. Mostly Bills or bans :lol:

SKILMATIC said:
This is why some people in america are just plain idiots. And its becasue people would rather see a white person in charge than a black. Supremisists would rather have hitler in charge than Powell and thats rediculous.

I would actually vote for powell before chenney, hillary, or anyone else for that matter.

Powell for president:2wave:

Although cnredd i think would be a good candidate I think he would rather kick peoples asses in arguments on forums. Mostly Bills or bans :lol:

Thanks for the backup, but not necessary...

EVERYONE would hate me as "President"....Unlike those uninformed that call me a "neo-con", I tend to tread towards the middle...which is "no man's land" in a political atmosphere...

I would meet my "opponents" halfway, which means no one is declared an absolute "winner"...

But everybody wins "a little"...and thats not good enough for the general population...

And as a side note...Kicking Billo's or ban's ass really isn't an issue...I could do that while I'm sleeping...They're just too dumb to take the horseblinders off...:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom