• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Powell for president

Would you vote for Powell?

• Damn right it's about time!

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Vice president First

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No, Hillary 08!

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
Navy Pride said:
I have heard prominent Black Americans like Harry Bellafonte call General Powell and Uncle Tom and a token black in the Bush administration......

Yes but that is an exception in the Balck community not the majority....Powell also defended Affirmative Action in college admissions:

I wish it was possible for everything to be race-neutral in this country, but I'm afraid we're not yet at that point where things are race-neutral," Powell said on CNN's "Late Edition."

http://dr.webservicehosts.com/r.php...wMDMvQUxMUE9MSVRJQ1MvMDEvMTkvcG93ZWxsLnJhY2U=

Doesnt sound Uncle-Tomish to me....<shrug>

Surenderer said:
Yes but that is an exception in the Balck community not the majority....Powell also defended Affirmative Action in college admissions:

I wish it was possible for everything to be race-neutral in this country, but I'm afraid we're not yet at that point where things are race-neutral," Powell said on CNN's "Late Edition."

http://dr.webservicehosts.com/r.php...wMDMvQUxMUE9MSVRJQ1MvMDEvMTkvcG93ZWxsLnJhY2U=

Doesnt sound Uncle-Tomish to me....<shrug>

screw bolth yall Powell served his country well and earned our respect, he's got it and my vote!

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
screw bolth yall Powell served his country well and earned our respect, he's got it and my vote!

Go screw yourself and learn how to read I was backing Powell.....:roll:

Its a shame that many Americans are still living in the 1600's.
The 2 best canadates for 2008 are, Hillary and Powell. But we all know that the millions who are still living in the past will never vote for either one of them thats why if McCain runs he will win hands down.

And as a side note...Kicking Billo's or ban's ass really isn't an issue...I could do that while I'm sleeping...They're just too dumb to take the horseblinders off...

You do have a point here.

EVERYONE would hate me as "President"....Unlike those uninformed that call me a "neo-con", I tend to tread towards the middle...which is "no man's land" in a political atmosphere...

I would meet my "opponents" halfway, which means no one is declared an absolute "winner"...

But everybody wins "a little"...and thats not good enough for the general population...

Well how come clinton became president? He did the same thing didnt he?

SKILMATIC said:
You do have a point here.

Well how come clinton became president? He did the same thing didnt he?

Clinton became President because of one thing...charm...

He could shoot your parents right in front of you, and have you apologizing to HIM within an hour...

taxpayer said:
Its a shame that many Americans are still living in the 1600's.
The 2 best canadates for 2008 are, Hillary and Powell. But we all know that the millions who are still living in the past will never vote for either one of them thats why if McCain runs he will win hands down.

I would never vote for Hillary but its sure as hell not because she is a female....

I might vote for Powell depending on who he was running against......

cnredd said:
Clinton became President because of one thing...charm...

He could shoot your parents right in front of you, and have you apologizing to HIM within an hour...

Clinton was elected for 2 reasons...

1. Perot took 19,000,000 vote aways from Bush 1..If that had not happened Bush would have won big.......

2. Clinton fooled everyone.He ran as a moderate but governed as a liberal......We will not make the same mistake with Hillary....

ban.the.electoral.college said:
I would trust Powell over Gulliani any day. Powell had enough sense to separate from the Bush administration. For that, he has my respect. He carries an air of dignity and integrity that the spineless Bush administration lacks. But then again, I don't think I am going to vote republican or democrat. That's why I can not vote in this poll. Good luck.

He did so only after lying to the American people.

Navy Pride said:
Clinton was elected for 2 reasons...

1. Perot took 19,000,000 vote aways from Bush 1..If that had not happened Bush would have won big.......

2. Clinton fooled everyone.He ran as a moderate but governed as a liberal......We will not make the same mistake with Hillary....

Your Buddy Georgie did the same. He ran as a moderate,and governed as a conservative.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:

Correct. Colin Powell is indeed a key architect in putting together this big lie of a war.

Navy Pride said:
I would never vote for Hillary but its sure as hell not because she is a female....

I might vote for Powell depending on who he was running against......
xxxxxxxxxxxx

I also will probably vote for Powell too. Its been 13 years since we had a President that was in the service and I think its about time to elect one that understands war especially in this day and age that we will probably be fighting in other countrys for another 20-30+ years.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Powell was lied to too about WMD and Iraq was an immenent threat to the U.S. As soon as Powell found out about the lies he started going against the grain.
Thats the sign of a true American.

taxpayer said:
xxxxxxxxxxx

Powell was lied to too about WMD and Iraq was an immenent threat to the U.S. As soon as Powell found out about the lies he started going against the grain.
Thats the sign of a true American.

Yes, that is true.

ban.the.electoral.college said:
I would trust Powell over Gulliani any day. Powell had enough sense to separate from the Bush administration. For that, he has my respect. He carries an air of dignity and integrity that the spineless Bush administration lacks. But then again, I don't think I am going to vote republican or democrat. That's why I can not vote in this poll. Good luck.

Maybe after you read this little tidbit, you could change your mind. The fact is even though he changed his mind after he found out the facts,he can't change the fact that he openly supported and was a key architect of this bloodshed. Here is his presentation to the UN:

http://www.un.int/usa/03print_clp0205.htm

Last edited:
Your idea of an american is completley different than mine..... My idea of an american would be someone knocking the holly **** out of whoever lied to him abou that followed by news coverage and a posse with ****ing guns.... You american is a godamn rollover.

Your idea of an american is completley different than mine..... My idea of an american would be someone knocking the holly **** out of whoever lied to him abou that followed by news coverage and a posse with ****ing guns.... You american is a godamn rollover.

[Moderator mode]
:smash:

Knock it off with the language!

You have a history of warnings....The next time action WILL be taken.

[/Moderator mode]

Out of the people "running" for President he is the most qualified and the best choice unless McCain runs then I would vote for him.

Out of the people "running" for President he is the most qualified and the best choice unless McCain runs then I would vote for him.

That would be a tough decisiion for me.

kal-el said:
Correct. Colin Powell is indeed a key architect in putting together this big lie of a war.
I recall him speaking against it when certain facts were brought to light.

Back
Top Bottom