• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Potentially explosive development in IRS scandals

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Thomas Lifson
July 5, 2013

One of the most important and so-far least noted threads in the IRS sandal cloth is the inexplicable remark made by Austan Goolsbee, at the time the Chairman of the White Council of Economic Advisors about the taxes paid by the Koch brothers - arch villains in the Manichean delusions of the American left - that would require his knowledge of their confidential tax returns. Did the White House senior staff illegally browse through the tax records of their political enemies? The Washington Free Beacon has been trying to find out, and uncovered an interesting response:

CJ Ciaramella reports:
The Treasury Department on Wednesday refused to confirm or deny the existence of an inspector general report investigating whether or not former White House economic adviser Austan Goolsbee illegally accessed tax information on the Koch brothers.

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA), in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed by the Washington Free Beacon, declined to acknowledge the existence of the report.​

(Excerpt)

Read more:
American Thinker- Print Article

That is expressly why I have questioned and asked why Geithner and Goolsbee be summoned before the Congressional Committee to explain their part in the IRS scandals. Will they be summoned?

By Thomas Lifson
July 5, 2013

One of the most important and so-far least noted threads in the IRS sandal cloth is the inexplicable remark made by Austan Goolsbee, at the time the Chairman of the White Council of Economic Advisors about the taxes paid by the Koch brothers - arch villains in the Manichean delusions of the American left - that would require his knowledge of their confidential tax returns. Did the White House senior staff illegally browse through the tax records of their political enemies? The Washington Free Beacon has been trying to find out, and uncovered an interesting response:

CJ Ciaramella reports:
The Treasury Department on Wednesday refused to confirm or deny the existence of an inspector general report investigating whether or not former White House economic adviser Austan Goolsbee illegally accessed tax information on the Koch brothers.

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA), in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed by the Washington Free Beacon, declined to acknowledge the existence of the report.​

(Excerpt)

Read more:

That is expressly why I have questioned and asked why Geithner and Goolsbee be summoned before the Congressional Committee to explain their part in the IRS scandals. Will they be summoned?
American Thinker :cuckoo:

:confused: Where did I say I agreed with you?

Two words and your smiley claimed it was cool. Perhaps if you had been more explicit in your reply?

Two words and your smiley claimed it was cool. Perhaps if you had been more explicit in your reply?
I said nothing about agreeing with you. Why would you even think I was agreeing with you? I don't read daily Kos or moveon, but TPM is solid. Yes, it liberal but they have so much credibility that even you have used them.

I said nothing about agreeing with you. Why would you even think I was agreeing with you? I don't read daily Kos or moveon, but TPM is solid. Yes, it liberal but they have so much credibility that even you have used them.

Funny, I don't remember ever using TPM as a source on these boards. In fact I checked my 'favorites bar' and didn't find it there either. Perhaps you have mixed me up with someone else?

i always wondered how in the hell did Harry Reid get information on Romney's tax returns. he said it was from a very reliable source whats a better source then the IRS

By Thomas Lifson
July 5, 2013

CJ Ciaramella reports:

(Excerpt)

Read more:

So your so called proof that there is a secret report is there is no proof there is a secret report. That is tinfoil hat territory. So using their logic since the American Thinker has never shown an ounce of intelligence or proof they must be intelligent and well supported

Back
Top Bottom