• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Potential Trump VP chioce actually believes in a woman's right ti

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066063758 said:
Abortion rights are dyed in wool. The 2nd Amendment is just written on old paper.

Yup, that old piece of paper that some modern folks believe should be ignored because it's so old.

Apparently planned parenthood matters alot to republicans.

I just don't care who it matters to.
I'd rather maintain the status quo and worry about things that matter infinitely more.
This single issue has been debated and fought for decades.

Time to put it to bed for a year or two.

Why is this even still an issue?
The Supreme Court isn't going to overturn it.

Let's ****ing move on to things that actually matter.

If the Supreme Court were all that mattered in this issue, you'd be right. However, when states actively work to shut down abortion clinics through clearly discriminatory legislation, then it's clearly not a settled matter.

If the Supreme Court were all that mattered in this issue, you'd be right. However, when states actively work to shut down abortion clinics through clearly discriminatory legislation, then it's clearly not a settled matter.

They need to stop too.
It's just so ****ing annoying.

All I want is a year break for this.
Too much to ask for?

I just don't care who it matters to.
I'd rather maintain the status quo and worry about things that matter infinitely more.
This single issue has been debated and fought for decades.

Time to put it to bed for a year or two.

There is an ongoing investigation.

Do you think the GOP will accept it? Or Trump's evangelical supporters?

Didn't a lot of evangelicals vote for Obama?

Hell, Trump's evangelical supporters voted for Trump in spite of the fact that he supported partial birth abortion until a few years ago. Not sure why pro-choice would sway them.

Finally, someone from Trump camp who makes sense! Abortion or not should be decided by women on individual basis and no one else.

That's what the abortion issue actually is.
It's a distracting, nonproductive issue.
That's regardless of the position anyone takes.

Time to move on, time to worry about things that effect the economy and national security.

Indeed. Scott v Sandford is the Law of the Land, people. Move On.

As for broader thread - Trump is Pro-Choice. Anyone who actually deeply cared about Life is probably already halfway into the #NeverTrump camp already. This might push them over all the way.

Indeed. Scott v Sandford is the Law of the Land, people. Move On.

As for broader thread - Trump is Pro-Choice. Anyone who actually deeply cared about Life is probably already halfway into the #NeverTrump camp already. This might push them over all the way.

I just want a break.
Sorry, it's not the most pressing issue the country faces.

It's annoying, it's time consuming, it's costly.
Get off of it for a year or two.

I just want a break.
Sorry, it's not the most pressing issue the country faces.

It's annoying, it's time consuming, it's costly.
Get off of it for a year or two.

Okedoke. Put yourself in someone who is pro-life's shoes for a second.

Let's imagine that Trump is President, and he has adopted the Mr Garrison solution of rounding up Hispanics, putting them into camps, and then ****ing them to death. Millions of people - both American citizens and not - are being murdered.

And someone walks up to you and says "Yeesh. We've been arguing about Trump and Hispanics since summer of 2015. Can we just agree that this isn't that important, and get back to nominal tax rates?"

Or ISIS manages to unleash an actual weapon of Mass Destruction, taking out the north eastern seaboard. And someone's reply is "Look, so they killed millions of people, crashed the economy, and wiped out our national government. But we've been arguing about the War on Terror for over a decade and a half now. Can we just put it aside and agree to do nothing about it for a year or two? We need to get back to regulatory reform."

You would look at such a person as though they were insane. Now, tax and regulatory reform are important issues. But they aren't as important as on-going mass murder in our country. Your proposal is built on the pro-choice assumption that unborn children aren't children. Because if they are children, then your proposal becomes morally incomprehensible.

Okedoke. Put yourself in someone who is pro-life's shoes for a second.

Let's imagine that Trump is President, and he has adopted the Mr Garrison solution of rounding up Hispanics, putting them into camps, and then ****ing them to death. Millions of people - both American citizens and not - are being murdered.

And someone walks up to you and says "Yeesh. We've been arguing about Trump and Hispanics since summer of 2015. Can we just agree that this isn't that important, and get back to nominal tax rates?"

Or ISIS manages to unleash an actual weapon of Mass Destruction, taking out the north eastern seaboard. And someone's reply is "Look, so they killed millions of people. But we've been arguing about the War on Terror for over a decade and a half now. Can we just put it aside and agree to do nothing about it for a year or two? We need to get back to regulatory reform."

You would look at such a person as though they were insane. Now, tax and regulatory reform are important issues. But they aren't as important as on-going mass murder in our country. Your proposal is built on the pro-choice assumption that unborn children aren't children. Because if they are children, then your proposal becomes morally incomprehensible.

I was anti abortion, now I'm IDGAF because both sides are annoying as **** and will likely never agree.
It's like an infinite war, with everyone else suffering because of both of your BS.

I was anti abortion, now I'm IDGAF because both sides are annoying as **** and will likely never agree.
It's like an infinite war, with everyone else suffering because of both of your BS.

That's interesting. Why were you anti-abortion?

Yes, I was religious at one point.

Yeah - but I don't get why that would require a pro-life position. You picked it up because the people around you believed it?

Yeah - but I don't get why that would require a pro-life position. You picked it up because the people around you believed it?

Yep.
At first, a lot of my previous beliefs existed because I thought other people knew what they were talking about.
I thought it made me right, if I believed what others believed.

Interesting. So you never sat down and tried to figure out if you believed an unborn child was a child, you just sort of picked up pro-life as a cultural signaling/crowd bit? Then when the crowd got annoying, you rejected the pro-life position as a means of rejecting the crowd?

At first, a lot of my previous beliefs existed because I thought other people knew what they were talking about.
I thought it made me right, if I believed what others believed.

Hm.

Interesting. So you never sat down and tried to figure out if you believed an unborn child was a child, you just sort of picked up pro-life as a cultural signaling/crowd bit? Then when the crowd got annoying, you rejected the pro-life position as a means of rejecting the crowd?

Hm.

To the first yea, to the latter sorta kinda.
I understand both sides of the argument and agree with both sides.
Fetus is human, probably shouldn't abort/kill it.
People own themselves, they should have control.

For me though, neither is superior to another at this time.
So I stopped caring at this point.

If you want to, do it.
If you don't, don't.
At the end of the day, leave me out of it.

To the first yea, to the latter sorta kinda.
I understand both sides of the argument and agree with both sides.
Fetus is human, probably shouldn't abort/kill it.
People own themselves, they should have control.

For me though, neither is superior to another at this time.
So I stopped caring at this point.

If you want to, do it.
If you don't, don't.
At the end of the day, leave me out of it.

So, because people own themselves, they have the right to kill other humans?

Back
Top Bottom