• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Potential Trump VP chioce actually believes in a woman's right ti

Is it potientially disqualifying?

I'm wrong forum, should be in non-MSM. Mods please move.

Do you think the GOP will accept it? Or Trump's evangelical supporters?

The evangelicals may or may not - even they aren't a monolithic group. The GOP as a whole? Hell, I don't know. I would have never imagined the GOP would have Trump as the candidate, so I'm not going to even try to predict anything that will happen.

Why is this even still an issue?
The Supreme Court isn't going to overturn it.

Let's ****ing move on to things that actually matter.

Exactly. We need to be focused on ACTUAL issues in this country, such as what outfit Kim Kardashian was wearing today.

Exactly. We need to be focused on ACTUAL issues in this country, such as what outfit Kim Kardashian was wearing today.

That's what the abortion issue actually is.
It's a distracting, nonproductive issue.
That's regardless of the position anyone takes.

Time to move on, time to worry about things that effect the economy and national security.

Trump has evangelical supporters? Damn, I thought Trump was an amoral atheist.

I suppose all the fallen evangelicals might find a kindred soul in Trump but I don't think I've seen or heard Trump refer to religion once, other than his clear hatred of Muslims and the Islamic faith.

BTW, I'll be surprised if Trump lasts to and through the November election. The man looks and sounds exhausted and on the verge of a heart attack or stroke or some other medical emergency.

Nothing is ever a settled issue, when all it takes is a few appointments to the bench to turn things around. We saw it with Plessy v Ferguson, Brown v Board of Education, and Roe v Wade itself. We're seeing the same now with the attempt by the progressives to overturn Heller and McDonald regarding the 2nd Amendment, and Hillary is campaigning on doing just that with her appointments to the Supreme Court.

If the left can remove the protections of the 2nd Amendment by appointing judges to overturn Heller and McDonald and the other cases supporting the right to keep and bear arms, then the right can do the same thing with Roe v Wade which was privacy finding and abortion is not an actual specifically named and listed right in the Constitution like the right to keep and bear arms is.

Both the left and the right are wrong in wanting to do so, IMHO.

Nothing is ever a settled issue, when all it takes is a few appointments to the bench to turn things around. We saw it with Plessy v Ferguson, Brown v Board of Education, and Roe v Wade itself. We're seeing the same now with the attempt by the progressives to overturn Heller and McDonald regarding the 2nd Amendment, and Hillary is campaigning on doing just that with her appointments to the Supreme Court.

If the left can remove the protections of the 2nd Amendment by appointing judges to overturn Heller and McDonald and the other cases supporting the right to keep and bear arms, then the right can do the same thing with Roe v Wade.

Both the left and the right are wrong in wanting to do so, IMHO.

It's such a huge waste of time and resources, at least over this issue.
It's been fought out, we know where everyone stands.

Time to move on for now, let it die for a while.

Is it potientially disqualifying?

Well, first of all, there's no such thing as a disqualifying trait for Trump among his supporters. That said, and purely for the sake of argument, even if there was it wouldn't be abortion. The primary, driving concerns among his supporters is 1)Fear of "others" (non whites and non Americans), which breaks down into immigrants and terrorism, 2)hatred of Political Correctness, and 3)their lack of voice in a system that has disenfranchised them. Where most people have gone wrong is in assuming that because they're conservatives, they must therefore hold to traditionally social conservatives values, including topics surrounding abortion and faith in general, when in fact those issues tend to be of secondary and even tertiary concern for them.

Greetings, TheGoverness. :2wave:

Oh absolutely! *suppressing gag reflex* :lamo

It's such a huge waste of time and resources, at least over this issue.
It's been fought out, we know where everyone stands.

Time to move on for now, let it die for a while.

Agreed, I said as much above, and the same applies to the 2nd Amendment as well.

Trump has evangelical supporters? Damn, I thought Trump was an amoral atheist.

I suppose all the fallen evangelicals might find a kindred soul in Trump but I don't think I've seen or heard Trump refer to religion once, other than his clear hatred of Muslims and the Islamic faith.

BTW, I'll be surprised if Trump lasts to and through the November election. The man looks and sounds exhausted and on the verge of a heart attack or stroke or some other medical emergency.

He does. Which surprises me given his history.

Apparently planned parenthood matters alot to republicans.

I did chuckle when i read that the guy was pro choice. Not that it will matter to the Trumpanzees, the last few months have proven that point.

They did not seem to mind the Don being a Dem, why should it bother his followers. Now the real Conservatives up for reelection in swing areas, yes it may matter to them. My advice, Dump the Trump, and save the Senate, its not looking to good for the GOP.

I may in fact be voting for Trump (if he chooses Flynn for VP - only if he chooses Flynn for VP).

So in reality I will be voting for Flynn.

thank you very much,enough of this crap,we have a 19 trillion dollar debt and you people want to talk about what,HARRY is right ,what a woman does with her body is none of my business nor the state's,just keep my tax money out of it .

run don run

I may in fact be voting for Trump (if he chooses Flynn for VP - only if he chooses Flynn for VP).

So in reality I will be voting for Flynn.

The General sounds more Libertarian than Conservative.

Well, first of all, there's no such thing as a disqualifying trait for Trump among his supporters. That said, and purely for the sake of argument, even if there was it wouldn't be abortion. The primary, driving concerns among his supporters is 1)Fear of "others" (non whites and non Americans), which breaks down into immigrants and terrorism, 2)hatred of Political Correctness, and 3)their lack of voice in a system that has disenfranchised them. Where most people have gone wrong is in assuming that because they're conservatives, they must therefore hold to traditionally social conservatives values, including topics surrounding abortion and faith in general, when in fact those issues tend to be of secondary and even tertiary concern for them.

Well said

The Don lost me with his constant flip flopping on a current hot social issue, cannabis reform. I have not witnessed so much tossing back and forth since my last pancake breakfest. In his heart, he does believe it should be decriminolized and regulated like alcohol, sorry dont mean to drift off topic.

Anyone know the Generals views on Cannabis reform?

Greetings, TheGoverness. :2wave:

Oh absolutely! *suppressing gag reflex* :lamo

Perhaps a Kardashian will be the future first lady, the King and Queen of Reality TV. The Don does like to trade in wives for a newer model every so often.

Agreed, I said as much above, and the same applies to the 2nd Amendment as well.

Abortion rights are dyed in wool. The 2nd Amendment is just written on old paper.

Back
Top Bottom