• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Potential Selling of National Parks Posed by Pombo

R

rkowalick

Though this is different than the article I orginally saw, it pretty much states the same thing.

http://ktla.trb.com/news/la-me-mining4dec04,0,7536286.story?coll=ktla-news-1

From the Los Angeles Times

This Land May Not Be Your Land

House bill would allow mining claim holders to purchase the federal property. Some fear it would open national parks to development.

By Janet Wilson and Tim Reiterman, Times Staff Writers

December 4, 2005

Copyright © 2005, The Los Angeles Times

Now, to be honest my involvement in politics is kind of selective. So many issues fly by me I have little time, or even desire to have a stance on them. The environment, however, is something I firmly believe is of utmost importance, mainly because I view it as something that once lost, cannot be brought back. Laws change, policies changes, opinions change, but the environment (not all, but most aspects) are not renewable. A developed piece of land will not return back to forest land in our generation. I hope everyone will do their best to contact congressman about the rediculous ideas posed relating to the environment, which are coming up quite frequently.

PS I still cant believe the environmental forum only has about a dozen topics. Just goes to show you where people's priorities lie. :roll:

and BTW, this is my first post.

rkowalick said:
Though this is different than the article I orginally saw, it pretty much states the same thing.

http://ktla.trb.com/news/la-me-mining4dec04,0,7536286.story?coll=ktla-news-1

Now, to be honest my involvement in politics is kind of selective. So many issues fly by me I have little time, or even desire to have a stance on them. The environment, however, is something I firmly believe is of utmost importance, mainly because I view it as something that once lost, cannot be brought back. Laws change, policies changes, opinions change, but the environment (not all, but most aspects) are not renewable. A developed piece of land will not return back to forest land in our generation. I hope everyone will do their best to contact congressman about the rediculous ideas posed relating to the environment, which are coming up quite frequently.

PS I still cant believe the environmental forum only has about a dozen topics. Just goes to show you where people's priorities lie. :roll:

and BTW, this is my first post.

Well according to our beloved bushie administration any policy that would relieve our nation's dependance on foriegn oil (annexing Iraq) is a great policy. Who cares about a few trees and wild animals, it should all be developed anyway to support the dwindling logging and mining industry of this great nation.

Back
Top Bottom