• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Potential SCOTUS nominee: Leslie Abrams Gardner (Stacey Abrams' Sister).

BrotherFease

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Please check here my profile into Cadace Jackson-Akiwumi, if you didn't so already. Let me know what you think. Feel free to contribute to the discussion.

Our sixth and final profile is on Leslie Abrams Gardner. Here is what we know about her:

- Born on December 6th, 1974 in Madison Wisconsin.
- Currently 47 years old.
- Her older sister is Stacey Abrams, former Minority Leader of the Georgia House of Representatives.
- Her parents were both reverends.
- Graduated from Brown University in 1997, and Yale Law School in 2002.
- Served as a law clerk for Marvin Garbis, the U.S District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Served as an associate for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom LLP (2003-2006, 2007-10) and Kilpatrick Stockton LLP (2006-2007).
- Between 2010 to 2014, she was an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia.
- On November 20th of 2014, Barack Obama appointed her as a judge for the U.S District Court for the Middle District of Georgia. She's held that position to this day.
- During 2020 presidential election, she made a court decision to allow provisional ballots to be cast in the Georgia Senate runoff races. The move angered Trump supporters.

That would drive them insane, but that's not the best basis of picking a justice. It's their kinda thing.

I'd kinda like if they stuck with judges who had trial and appellate experience, esp. as lawyers and as judges. But especially trial and appellate judicial experience (and I don't mean clerking).

I know it's not a requirement.

They could nominate AOC.....

That would drive them insane, but that's not the best basis of picking a justice. It's their kinda thing.

🚨I'd kinda like if they stuck with judges who had trial and appellate experience, esp. as lawyers and as judges. But especially trial and appellate judicial experience (and I don't mean clerking).🚨

AMEN ****ING AMEN!!!!!!!!!

wish i could give your post 20 likes

I'd kinda like if they stuck with judges who had trial and appellate experience, esp. as lawyers and as judges. But especially trial and appellate judicial experience (and I don't mean clerking).

Gardner is unlikely, as the video points out, but it would be the pinnacle troll pick for Biden.

**** it. Burn it down.

I for one am tired of the right acting like lunatics because they know the dems will cling to normalcy.

**** it. Burn it down.

I for one am tired of the right acting like lunatics because they know the dems will cling to normalcy.
Many accuse (I do) Trumpists living in a world of their own making, in a reality cut off from the real world and it's the same for most Democratic politicians. "Normalcy" doesn't exist at the moment, act like it. When the Repubs come back, we should be the first to start acting normally...

Back
Top Bottom