• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Posts belonging to the banned

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I would suggest that if someone is banned that their postings be stricken as well. All of those Robodoon threads are getting in the way. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Good question.

I do not believe this is a good idea. Sometimes folks flip - what happens if before they "flipped" some of their posts were within the rules? It seems like it would be discounting their opinion and retroactivly tossing out their thoughts.

vauge said:
Good question.

I do not believe this is a good idea. Sometimes folks flip - what happens if before they "flipped" some of their posts were within the rules? It seems like it would be discounting their opinion and retroactivly tossing out their thoughts.
I agree with vague, but for a different reason...

The banned are gone, but their topics may live on depending upon the responses they get...What was said may be a seed planted with an idea that gets expounded upon by the forum...

If their aren't any responses to the banned person's threads or posts, they will eventually go to the wasteland known as Page two...then three...and so on...

The good part is that they won't be around to continually start new ones...

On occassion (spam, vulgarity/profanity, savage personal attack, revealing private information) a certain post from a banned member may be soft-deleted. I agree however, that the passage of time should be the final arbiter on the merits or demerits of all other threads/posts by the banned.

Back
Top Bottom