• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Posting images

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Some images don't seem to want to display with the new forum. As I understand it, in the old forum, you could either attach an image (which would obviously then be stored locally) or use the img tags to point to a url of the image.

So what are the specs on posting images for the new forum? Is there a maximum size in dimensions and/or kilo/megabytes?

I don't think the img tag works at all in my experience. Is this true?

We currently have it set to 1024 x 1024 and up to 1 meg in size. We can increae that and need to be careful for mobile users.
After uploading it is a simple click & drag to resize and fit the post.

To upload an image click on the landscape icon by the smilie face on the tool bar. Then drop/drag to box or link to an image.

The system did have some issues during tranfer and they are marked with an X. We found that most of those were no longer availble from the source.

We currently have it set to 1024 x 1024 and up to 1 meg in size. We can increae that and need to be careful for mobile users.
After uploading it is a simple click & drag to resize and fit the post.

To upload an image click on the landscape icon by the smilie face on the tool bar. Then drop/drag to box or link to an image.

The system did have some issues during tranfer and they are marked with an X. We found that most of those were no longer availble from the source.
So do all images get stored locally, or do some point to the url instead (for instance, when you use the image button and paste a url)?

All images are stored locally. I saw the image that would not post, it's because it is 5meg in size.

I'll work with @RedAkston on if we can or should increase gif sizes.

No need imo, just wanted to know the stats for photos/images. If they are stored locally, could be a big burden over time.

Back
Top Bottom