• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Postal Service ordered to reverse mail collection limitations

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

10/28/20
A federal judge on Tuesday night ordered the U.S. Postal Service to immediately reverse limitations on mail collection that had been put in place by Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, commanding the agency to inform workers of the court's changes by Wednesday morning. Judge Emmet Sullivan of the District Court for the District of Columbia granted an emergency motion against President Trump, according to the detailed order obtained by Politico. Sullivan granted the emergency motion to enforce and monitor compliance with the preliminary injunction issued late last month that prevented the administration from enforcing DeJoy’s operational changes. The agency has until 9 a.m. on Wednesday to inform workers that DeJoy’s guidelines, implemented in July, limiting late and extra trips to collect mail are rescinded.

"USPS personnel are instructed to perform late and extra trips to the maximum extent necessary to increase on-time mail deliveries, particularly for Election Mail," Sullivan wrote. "To be clear, late and extra trips should be performed to the same or greater degree than they were performed prior to July 2020 when doing so would increase on-time mail deliveries.” Sullivan also instructed the Postal Service to send him daily updates on the number of extra and late trips occurring every day at national, regional and local levels. The judge also requested information about on-time deliveries.

Trumps campaign-donor/shyster Postmaster General Louis DeJoy continues sabotaging the USPS to slow down mail-ballots in this election/pandemic year.

Good news, right?

Time for plan B, skip the mail. This is my plan A, proudly vote the idiot out on election day.

Trumps campaign-donor/shyster Postmaster General Louis DeJoy continues sabotaging the USPS to slow down mail-ballots in this election/pandemic year.
Seems a bit "too little, too late" sort of thing as mail-in voting has been going on for weeks now. But I suppose it's better than nothing.

Time for plan B, skip the mail. This is my plan A, proudly vote the idiot out on election day.
Meh, I turned my ballot in weeks ago. It's been counted.

Wonder if there will be a reporting of Nov. 3 vote, early in person, or mail in. I suspect Trump's biggest vote will be Nov. 3 vote. I guess he can't attack early in person, only mail in. It is difficult for me to get my head around this shite. I hope to be drinking the champaign this time instead of Putin.

Back
Top Bottom