• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Postal Service hid backlogged mail from congressman

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
San Antonio post office hid problems from Joaquin Castro, employee says | The Texas Tribune

San Antonio postal union leader describes mass delays, says Postal Service hid backlogged mail from congressman

The union leader said tens of thousands of pieces of mail were carted away ahead of U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro’s visit. The office's delays have been exacerbated by employees missing because of COVID-19 concerns.

--

Trump, Trump supporters, and Republicans appear intent on lying, cheating, and stealing in order to win the election:

A postal workers' union leader in San Antonio said Thursday that local Postal Service operations are experiencing major delays in mail delivery and that the agency sought to hide evidence of the problems from a congressman when he visited its facility this week.

U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-San Antonio, toured the main San Antonio post office Wednesday in response to concerns that President Donald Trump’s administration has implemented organizational changes at the Postal Service that have slowed deliveries. Castro confirmed after the tour that six mail sorting machines had been removed from the facility on orders “by Washington.”

But Carlos Barrios, clerk craft director for the union, said postal workers were directed to give Castro “a deceitful perception of how we’re doing things.” He said workers were told to remove large piles of delayed mail before Castro arrived. He estimated that the pile contained anywhere from 30,000 to 54,000 pieces, some of which were dated as long ago as March.

“I told him, ‘They insulted you and they made you out like a fool,’” Barrios said.

The Postal Service and the San Antonio post office declined to comment.

This problem is not going to go away.

They think they can get away with this.

We can't let them.

These fascist thugs will attempt to steal as much as they can get away with stealing, they will cheat as much as they can get away with cheating, they will lie as much as they can get away with lying, because they think you don't have the right to vote. They think you are nothing. We have to stop them.

San Antonio post office hid problems from Joaquin Castro, employee says | The Texas Tribune

San Antonio postal union leader describes mass delays, says Postal Service hid backlogged mail from congressman

The union leader said tens of thousands of pieces of mail were carted away ahead of U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro’s visit. The office's delays have been exacerbated by employees missing because of COVID-19 concerns.

--

Trump, Trump supporters, and Republicans appear intent on lying, cheating, and stealing in order to win the election:

This problem is not going to go away.

They think they can get away with this.

We can't let them.

These fascist thugs will attempt to steal as much as they can get away with stealing, they will cheat as much as they can get away with cheating, they will lie as much as they can get away with lying, because they think you don't have the right to vote. They think you are nothing. We have to stop them.

You know you actually have to prove that there is wrong doing, right?

You know you actually have to prove that there is wrong doing, right?

No. we don't.

We don't have to prove wrongdoing to fix what is obviously broken.

Why it's broken is less important than the fact it is broken.

And while someone is breaking it, we don't have to ask them why they are doing it, or if they are doing it on purpose, we simply stop them. In Dejoy's case, that means immediately firing him.

Last edited:
No. we don't.

We don't have to prove wrongdoing to fix what is obviously broken.

Why it's broken is less important than the fact it is broken.

And while someone is breaking it, we don't have to ask them why they are doing it, or if they are doing it on purpose, we simply stop them. In Dejoy's case, that means immediately firing him.

Great, then I can just as easily argue that voting for Biden would just be a vote to bring back a system that was already proven to be broken.

I hope you like me playing by your rules.

Great, then I can just as easily argue that voting for Biden would just be a vote to bring back a system that was already proven to be broken.

I hope you like me playing by your rules.

My rules? You mean encouraging everyone to vote in free and fair elections without any sort of suppression?

Why would I dislike that?

You mistake me for a thuggish, fascist, authoritarian Trump supporter who hates democracy.

Tweetyists don't want you to vote in numbers because they are afraid that they will lose. vote as early as possible before they have a chance to really cheat.

My rules? You mean encouraging everyone to vote in free and fair elections without any sort of suppression?

Why would I dislike that?

You mistake me for a thuggish, fascist, authoritarian Trump supporter who hates democracy.

No, more like a thuggish, fascist, authoritarian Biden supporter who doesn't even know what democracy is.

You can claim fascism, or authoritarianism all you like. But that doesn't actually make any of it true.
Then lot of you have been trying to peg Trump and his supporters with this shtick for a long time now and it's basically bitten you in the ass at every turn.

So just give it a rest.

Back
Top Bottom