• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Post your pet theories

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is a thread where you get to post your personal theories for anything related to the Mueller investigation. You are not required to post direct evidence of every component of your theories, but they should at least be informed by everything we know to date. In other words, you could post your theory that Mueller is really investigating Obama and Clinton, but since there is nothing in objective reality to lead to such a theory, it would not be valid. But so long as your theories do not obviously and ludicrously contradict objective reality, you're basically free to don your tin foil hat and go to town.

I'll start with a couple of my own:

1)The official court records that have resulted as products of the Mueller investigation (indictments, sentencing memorandums, guilty pleas, etc) are the Mueller report. In this way, there would be no quashing of the report because along the way the report has been made public consistently (if not all at once as we would like). Although there would be an official report summarizing everything we've learned, and it would of course contain key details that we have yet to learn, the report is happening and has been happening all along.

Even though Mueller's team doesn't leak, doesn't officially speak to the press and doesn't even respond to Trump's and Giuliani's daily barbs, the way he's speaking is through public record of the court. In this way, we have learned an extraordinary amount about how Russian espionage agents and institutions have been attacking the United States, the scale of their attack, and who precisely has been doing it. We learned who in Trump's campaign was working, directly and indirectly, with those Russian agents. We've recently learned about some of the efforts, both illegal or unethical, by the White House to obstruct justice and affect the outcome of the election. And finally, we've learned at least one of the driving motivations for Trump's utterly bizarre and consistently obsequious behavior toward Putin.

In other words, everything we've learned through official court records is exactly the kind of information we would expect to come out in a final report anyway. And that report is still coming out in real time. This is a particularly intelligent strategy, because with each revelation as presented in court documents, firing Mueller becomes less and less defensible, and increasingly pointless. The end result is that both Congress and the public become aware of the truth as it is uncovered, which could be said to be his primary function from the start.

2)All of Trump's associates are expendable bricks in a wall that were always intended from the start to be thrown away as needed in order to shield himself. There was never any assumption that these people were intended to be kept on as "lieutenants," if you will, that he would defend and stand by. Therefore he will stall for as long as he can so that each pawn acts as a sort of barrier between himself and law enforcement.

What helps reinforce this theory is that he employs exclusively liars that he insulates from himself. That way, when the liars turn against him, he can then claim that they are not to be believed because they are, after all, liars. And thus far, while all of these players have been suggestive as acting to the benefit of Trump, none of them has yet provided a direct link to Trump himself. The most direct link we have is Cohen, who has testified that Trump ordered him to pay off women that Trump slept with, which would be a Federal crime. Of course, as Trump has already said, Cohen is a liar. And unless a more specific communication is provided by Trump himself, it remains Cohen's word against Trump's. This has thus far been an ongoing pattern.

Secondly, this theory is reinforced by how all of his associates turn against him eventually. Realizing that Trump is serving only himself and has no loyalty to anybody else, they eventually come to realize that there is no Presidential cavalry coming to protect them. Once they have become vulnerable or compromised in some way, they are immediately cast aside, and they know it.

Trump started to distance himself from Cohen. And when Trump appeared on "Fox and Friends" two weeks after the raids and said that Cohen only did a "tiny, tiny little fraction" of his legal work, Cohen knew the game had changed. According to one source, Cohen knew that things had changed and he acted to protect his family -- and himself.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/politics/michael-cohen-pardon-expectation-donald-trump/

Is it a great strategy? Only time will tell. If the theory is true, it is purely a stalling tactic, and is only as successful as the number of bricks in his wall and how long they can hold out until Trump can himself receive a pardon from a Republican President that follows him (if one were even needed).

More sobering, however, is that if this theory were true it would be quite bad if you're looking for Trump to be led off in handcuffs at any point in the future, because it means he has deliberately adopted a tactic by which his outer circle was always expected to collapse at some point, which means he would have isolated himself from direct, legal implication. What this means is that even as we watch every single last associate drop and cooperate with Mueller, Trump himself could ultimately skate free.

Last edited:
That turned into a lot more writing than I expected it to be. I kind of get why Conspiracy Theory posts are so damn long.

Last edited:
When Mueller finally strikes,the Trump crime family is lead out one by one in cuffs.

When Mueller finally strikes,the Trump crime family is lead out one by one in cuffs.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Mueller is insufficiently interested in Justice.

This is because he likes the job he was hired for...Hatchet Man.

My theory of the case is that Trump has been a Russian asset for at least two decades now - even if he was not aware he was. Russia kept him afloat with loans and money and he owes his ass to them. Which is the main reason why he did not want to reveal his taxes.

The number of crimes Trump has been involved in over the years is probably beyond calculation and would rival a mafia enterprise if fully known and explored.

Russia worked to help him in the campaign to get him in office and then begin to exert control over him as needed in only vital situations. Trump was totally aware of the Russian help and cooperated with them all the way along and ordered his top people to do the same. He is probably too mentally disturbed as a extreme narcissist to even fully realize he was being turned traitor and would be squeezed by the Russians. They were on his side and he was happy with that. I doubt if he cared about paying the piper down the road.

In the end, Mueller will lay out all of this with help from Flynn and Cohen and Gates and even what Manafort told over many hours before he was exposed. But I am sure he provided some vital dirt.

The one who will bring Trump down however is Cohen. He knows the Trump dirt better than anyone for the longest time period. And Trump knows that also.

I do NOT think Trump set out to betray his country and become Putins butt boy. But that is what he did when he got in bed with the devil and now reeks of sulphur and brimstone. And he has only himself to blame.

Ultimately, Trump goes down in history as the absolute worst US president of all time.

Last edited:
Justice delayed is justice denied.

Mueller is insufficiently interested in Justice.

This is because he likes the job he was hired for...Hatchet Man.

Justice is not being delayed in this case.

You're welcome.

This is a thread where you get to post your personal theories for anything related to the Mueller investigation. You are not required to post direct evidence of every component of your theories, but they should at least be informed by everything we know to date. In other words, you could post your theory that Mueller is really investigating Obama and Clinton, but since there is nothing in objective reality to lead to such a theory, it would not be valid. But so long as your theories do not obviously and ludicrously contradict objective reality, you're basically free to don your tin foil hat and go to town.

1)The official court records that have resulted as products of the Mueller investigation (indictments, sentencing memorandums, guilty pleas, etc) are the Mueller report. In this way, there would be no quashing of the report because along the way the report has been made public consistently (if not all at once as we would like). Although there would be an official report summarizing everything we've learned, and it would of course contain key details that we have yet to learn, the report is happening and has been happening all along.

Even though Mueller's team doesn't leak, doesn't officially speak to the press and doesn't even respond to Trump's and Giuliani's daily barbs, the way he's speaking is through public record of the court. In this way, we have learned an extraordinary amount about how Russian espionage agents and institutions have been attacking the United States, the scale of their attack, and who precisely has been doing it. We learned who in Trump's campaign was working, directly and indirectly, with those Russian agents. We've recently learned about some of the efforts, both illegal or unethical, by the White House to obstruct justice and affect the outcome of the election. And finally, we've learned at least one of the driving motivations for Trump's utterly bizarre and consistently obsequious behavior toward Putin.

In other words, everything we've learned through official court records is exactly the kind of information we would expect to come out in a final report anyway. And that report is still coming out in real time. This is a particularly intelligent strategy, because with each revelation as presented in court documents, firing Mueller becomes less and less defensible, and increasingly pointless. The end result is that both Congress and the public become aware of the truth as it is uncovered, which could be said to be his primary function from the start.

I have a few that I have talked about from time to time.

My two biggest concerns atm are Matt Whitaker and Sean Hannity.

Both theories I have talked about at length here and here.

So going from my Hannity thread, I am left wondering if the family of Seth Rich are one of Mueller's key witnesses. There is a trail that goes to the top of the food chain in RW circles about creating the conspiracy theories. We know that Rich's family has been successful in getting the MAGA media complex to retract their stories relating to the conspiracy theories, but that hasn't stopped them MAGAts from believing it. All the while as they were the ones searching high and low around the world for said emails.

I still think there's some really dirty incestuous menendez brother type scandals going on inside the Trump family. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing major happens with indictments during the Presidency, then it will all end up like that case did. The family turns on each other. Actually now that I think about it, it doesn't have to happen after the Presidency... I also wouldn't be surprised if the Democrats investigations turn up something stinky like this while looking into say Ivanka Emails.

Don Jr will go to jail. The Pee Pee tape is real and it will be released to the public in October 2020. Trump won't finish his term. Things will get really crazy before all this happens while a few more key people turn on Trump and while he perhaps gets into more sex scandals current or past (those are nowhere near finished!). See Broidy Abortion Coverup. Trump will use the power of the Presidency to silence his enemies and attempt to take down the media orgs working with Cohen and Weisselberg. This might be successful but will leak onto the internet everywhere. (pun not intended)

-Continued from above-

Something could affect that third paragraph if Trump resigns due to "mental health concerns." Of which is completely possible. What other President's allies constantly refer to his state as "a good mood"? It is unlikely that Trump has had a true doctor's appointment in decades. He thinks he's perfect. Why would he pay someone to tell him that he's not?

Just for fun:
Ben Carson will resign in shame for lying about his fake neurologist career. Is there any evidence that he was this great doctor???

The Mueller Investigation really is a witch hunt that will leave no problems for Trump at the end. He just signed on with Trump to troll the media b/c he's an evil Republican :mrgreen:

The eventual Trump/Russia Collusion movie will break box office records and feature the largest cast of A-list Non-Marvel actors ever. It will be an R-Rated dark comedy and written by Aaron Sorkin.

Last edited:
My theory of the case is that Trump has been a Russian asset for at least two decades now - even if he was not aware he was. Russia kept him afloat with loans and money and he owes his ass to them. Which is the main reason why he did not want to reveal his taxes.

The number of crimes Trump has been involved in over the years is probably beyond calculation and would rival a mafia enterprise if fully known and explored.

Russia worked to help him in the campaign to get him in office and then begin to exert control over him as needed in only vital situations. Trump was totally aware of the Russian help and cooperated with them all the way along and ordered his top people to do the same. He is probably too mentally disturbed as a extreme narcissist to even fully realize he was being turned traitor and would be squeezed by the Russians. They were on his side and he was happy with that. I doubt if he cared about paying the piper down the road.

In the end, Mueller will lay out all of this with help from Flynn and Cohen and Gates and even what Manafort told over many hours before he was exposed. But I am sure he provided some vital dirt.

The one who will bring Trump down however is Cohen. He knows the Trump dirt better than anyone for the longest time period. And Trump knows that also.

I do NOT think Trump set out to betray his country and become Putins butt boy. But that is what he did when he got in bed with the devil and now reeks of sulphur and brimstone. And he has only himself to blame.

Ultimately, Trump goes down in history as the absolute worst US president of all time.

Makes sense that he would take Russian help with no intention of doing anything in return.

Don Jr will go to jail. The Pee Pee tape is real and it will be released to the public in October 2020. Trump won't finish his term.

What do you think would hurt Trump worse? The revelation that he owes his financial survival to the Russians or that he watched some hookers urinate on each other in Moscow?

Makes sense that he would take Russian help with no intention of doing anything in return.

I think Trump is narcissistic enough to actually believe Russia would help just because God is on his side and Puttin wanted to get to heaven.

Oh, good. We don't have enough Mueller/Trump threads on DP. Thanks for starting another one!!! You should ask the mods to create a subforum for Mueller/Trump related discussions. :cool:

What do you think would hurt Trump worse? The revelation that he owes his financial survival to the Russians or that he watched some hookers urinate on each other in Moscow?

I don't honestly know, but it feels like we will see the finances before the pee. I think that the aftermath after the Presidency will be way more damaging to Trump. He can't see past the politics and the Presidency atm, but whenever he leaves (and hopefully he will) his life will never be the same again. He will die during some investigation into him and his finances and scandals.

Last edited:
I'm gonna throw in a wild card idea so I can find it later.

I think Bannon and the Mercer's are involved in all of this more than we have heard.

All of trumps key themes were focus grouped by bannon before trump even decided to run. "Build the wall", "Drain the swamp". That's where they came from. They even surveyed for how people felt about Putin, oddly enough.

I think its possible that the trump tower meeting may have been a setup by the Mercer/Bannon team as compromat in case trump decided to go all liberal on him after they got him elected.

I know it sounds out there, but remember Cambridge Analytica was Bannon's baby. Created to use military propaganda techniques to create a more conservative country.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAp6BAgCEAE&usg=AOvVaw299BvlGZB3mMUDulekq5IO

Theory: Trump has done slimey deals all his life. He learned it from the father he yearned to please. His crimes are going to be financial, and in the past. If he goes down it's because of a cover-up, of perjury. He won't go down because the republic is broken at this time. He won't go down as long as the GOP has the power to stop him from going down. But if he's committed state-level crimes, oh, he'll go down eventually....just not after he's finished doing his damage from the WH. I'm assuming Pence will have pardoned him for anything federal (aka, tax, which seems like it's a thing now given the raid).

If the Watergate cover-up broke right now, they would not vote to impeach Nixon. They'd tell each other it was all a liberal hoax and/or just plain not care.

We're going to see a tale of a sleezebag, the same tale we've heard a million times before. We'll just get the novel version this time. We'll hear about incompetent and naive attempts to work with Russia to do something to hurt Hillary, which efforts ultimately failed while leaving a trace of their existence. We will hear many new definitions of "Collusion" from our DP residents. Other residents will argue about whether those are the right definitions thereby giving them credence they do not deserve. "Collusion" is irrelevant. THIS is the authorization letter:

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. s. 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

(d) Sections 600.4 through 600.10 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are applicable to the special counsel.

28 C.F.R. s. 600.4(a):

(a) . . . The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

So I bet Mueller's going to find all sorts of old financial dirt while chasing the broad mandate of (b)(i) above. It will be dismissed because it isn't "collusion" despite being criminal. He'll serve out his term. He won't get re-elected, unless the Democrats nominate someone as unlikeable as Hillary and who runs as inept a campaign as hers (having ignored key states that flipped for Obama on an assumption they'd go for her because).

I cannot make a prediction on that front. The GOP is full of swine. The Dems are full of imbeciles, political and otherwise. Ok, there are indeed plenty of imbeciles on the right but they at least can tell their ass from their elbow when it comes to making a political splash. The Dems..... **** they're clueless lately.

So Trump might just win in 2020. He might win for the exact reasons he won last time: truth is out the window, dishonest game-playing wins, and the Dems are exactly the kind of people to fall on their swords at the precise worst moment to do so.

But what if the Dems win? My prediction remains dire. We'll have Obama 2.0. He was accused of being racist against white people, being a closet muslim, lying about his place of birth, trying to destroy America, trying to give our wealth to third world nations via an AGW "hoax", etc etc etc.

That hatred, that malevolence, is still there in a whole lot of people. We see it here regularly. They will vote for any GOP schmuck, hopefully (to them) the most belligerent of the lot. They'll vote for the biggest liar and repeat his lies gleefully, knowing full well they've got a team anywhere on the internet they choose to post. And as long as there are teams, unreality prevails. As long as enough people lie to each other, the lie becomes truth for them. (ie, "millions of illegals voting"). It really doesn't matter how stupid it is because as long as multiple people do it, each can tell himself "well....that guy thinks it too".

We're done within fifty years. That's my bet. There will be a great war, having nothing to do with the specifics of today but still driven by the same bitter insanity underlying them. I'd hope we would learn but I have little hope. The upward trajectory of morals seem to have hit a rather large bump.

It'll be a miracle if we ever leave the solar system in person.

Last edited:
I'm gonna throw in a wild card idea so I can find it later.

I think Bannon and the Mercer's are involved in all of this more than we have heard.

All of trumps key themes were focus grouped by bannon before trump even decided to run. "Build the wall", "Drain the swamp". That's where they came from. They even surveyed for how people felt about Putin, oddly enough.

I think its possible that the trump tower meeting may have been a setup by the Mercer/Bannon team as compromat in case trump decided to go all liberal on him after they got him elected.

I know it sounds out there, but remember Cambridge Analytica was Bannon's baby. Created to use military propaganda techniques to create a more conservative country.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAp6BAgCEAE&usg=AOvVaw299BvlGZB3mMUDulekq5IO

Oh if you want to see a real life evil villain. It is Steve Bannon. He is currently jet-setting around the world trying to collapse democracies and being pretty successful at it.

I wanted to add a little more cynicism but didn't have the space: human history is a long tale not only merely of failing to learn. It is a tale of willfully unlearning. Not forgetting, but unlearning, studied, knowing, and deliberate.

I have little faith in humanity at this point. But hey..... sometimes and in little ways, I am surprised.

Fingers crossed?

Last edited:
Oh, good. We don't have enough Mueller/Trump threads on DP. Thanks for starting another one!!! You should ask the mods to create a subforum for Mueller/Trump related discussions. :cool:

If only there were a way for you to avoid having to click on the thread.

I wanted to add a little more cynicism but didn't have the space: human history is a long tale not only merely of failing to learn. It is a tale of willfully unlearning. Not forgetting, but unlearning, studied, knowing, and deliberate.

I have little faith in humanity at this point. But hey..... sometimes and in little ways, I am surprised.

Fingers crossed?

I saw a lot of people express optimism and hope during the midterms, and that hope and optimism (though I shouldn't neglect to add "righteous anger") resulted in a bona fide rout of Republicans from the House and a flipping of numerous state legislatures. I'm also proud to say we kicked nearly every Republican House Representative out of office here in California.

Last edited:
That turned into a lot more writing than I expected it to be. I kind of get why Conspiracy Theory posts are so damn long.

Agreed. So, I'll learn from that and keep mine short and sweet.

Trump broke so many laws, the only question remaining is which one he get's convicted of first.

If only there were a way for you to avoid having to click on the thread.

He would get docked for not replying dismissively to anything that sounds liberal/anti-trump.

Or get dismissed from his internship.

I saw a lot of people express optimism and hope during the midterms, and that hope and optimism (though I shouldn't neglect to add "righteous anger") resulted in a bona fide rout of Republicans from the House and a flipping of numerous state legislatures. I'm also proud to say we kicked nearly every Republican House Representative out of office here in California. Hardl

I'm not religious but I still pray that I am wrong. But I see what I see.

May I please please please be wrong?!

I'm not religious but I still pray that I am wrong. But I see what I see.

May I please please please be wrong?!

Serious question: are you politically active?

Back
Top Bottom