• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Post your pet theories

Serious question: are you politically active?

I vote and I argue with people - everyone. Friends, family. Or "talk". We talk quite a lot of politics. But I don't hand out pamphlets. Friends do. What is sufficiently "active"?

(It's kind of ...weirdly amusing. My in-laws went far right over the last twenty years and my parents went farther left, so I find myself arguing with both).

I figure that if i'm right to not hope much, then it doesn't really matter. But if I'm wrong to not hope, then surely trying to present reasoned arguments online has to do something...maybe just the once? Maybe just the one of you. Just the one. I need that one.

I have changed my opinion a few times after arguing with people here, truth be told. I can't be the only person like this. But if I am....well....**** it anyway.

There was a time when I believed Trump was innocent and was just being taken advantage of by people knowing they could control him being a neophyte. I'm not so sure anymore. If you made me bet I'd say trump will ultimately go down for money laundering but not until well after his presidency.

I vote and I argue with people - everyone. Friends, family. Or "talk". We talk quite a lot of politics. But I don't hand out pamphlets. Friends do. What is sufficiently "active"?

(It's kind of ...weirdly amusing. My in-laws went far right over the last twenty years and my parents went farther left, so I find myself arguing with both).

I figure that if i'm right to not hope much, then it doesn't really matter. But if I'm wrong to not hope, then surely trying to present reasoned arguments online has to do something...maybe just the once? Maybe just the one of you. Just the one. I need that one.

I have changed my opinion a few times after arguing with people here, truth be told. I can't be the only person like this. But if I am....well....**** it anyway.

Arguing with people is useless and demoralizing. It's a pastime but ultimately serves zero purpose. Voting is obviously better, but it's largely solitary unless you're going with friends or family.

Canvassing neighborhoods and hanging door hangers are infinitely better because you're actually making a difference, and you learn that you're more connected to other people than you could have known. Afraid of canvassing because I have a rough personality and was afraid of rubbing people the wrong way, I went out hanging fliers on registered Democrats' doorknobs showing them were to vote instead. Though not as good as canvassing, it was certainly better than phone banking, and I figured I could do the most good while doing the least damage. I ended up running into people while they were outside or home, and they received me with much more warmth than I anticipated.

My favorite experience was when I ran into a Hispanic family and helped them to understand where to vote and how to understand the complex proposition measures. I also helped them to understand the differences between the specific candidates. I realized that I really should have gone canvassing, and will be sure to do that the next time because apparently I'm not nearly as socially frightening as I made myself out to be.

The thing to remember is that you're never going to change minds. But if you give people that one extra push to go out and vote then you've used your energy proactively, and you'll feel great as a result.

To be sure, my morale was also helped by the fact that, well, we won.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Mueller is insufficiently interested in Justice.

This is because he likes the job he was hired for...Hatchet Man.

Partisan shrill. 6 years and $60 million to get B. Clinton. One minor conviction.

Could be, Mueller is still just getting started or at least has quite a few more fish to fry.

I have a few that I have talked about from time to time.

My two biggest concerns atm are Matt Whitaker and Sean Hannity.

Both theories I have talked about at length here and here.

So going from my Hannity thread, I am left wondering if the family of Seth Rich are one of Mueller's key witnesses. There is a trail that goes to the top of the food chain in RW circles about creating the conspiracy theories. We know that Rich's family has been successful in getting the MAGA media complex to retract their stories relating to the conspiracy theories, but that hasn't stopped them MAGAts from believing it. All the while as they were the ones searching high and low around the world for said emails.

I still think there's some really dirty incestuous menendez brother type scandals going on inside the Trump family. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing major happens with indictments during the Presidency, then it will all end up like that case did. The family turns on each other. Actually now that I think about it, it doesn't have to happen after the Presidency... I also wouldn't be surprised if the Democrats investigations turn up something stinky like this while looking into say Ivanka Emails.

Don Jr will go to jail. The Pee Pee tape is real and it will be released to the public in October 2020. Trump won't finish his term. Things will get really crazy before all this happens while a few more key people turn on Trump and while he perhaps gets into more sex scandals current or past (those are nowhere near finished!). See Broidy Abortion Coverup. Trump will use the power of the Presidency to silence his enemies and attempt to take down the media orgs working with Cohen and Weisselberg. This might be successful but will leak onto the internet everywhere. (pun not intended)

I like your prediction that the family members could turn on each other. That could happen. And if the pee tape exists, we will eventually see it. That's what I think, and most likely does exist.

I saw a lot of people express optimism and hope during the midterms, and that hope and optimism (though I shouldn't neglect to add "righteous anger") resulted in a bona fide rout of Republicans from the House and a flipping of numerous state legislatures. I'm also proud to say we kicked nearly every Republican House Representative out of office here in California.
And now the Dems in Congress and those state legislatures have to PRODUCE something of value to all those voters. Reading Trump's tax returns and beating off to Mueller's report isn't going to make it in the long run.

I like your prediction that the family members could turn on each other. That could happen. And if the pee tape exists, we will eventually see it. That's what I think, and most likely does exist.

I think some obscure site like Drudge Report on the left, maybe one not even created yet, will leak it. Maybe they'll be shut down via internationally cyber attacks, federal authorities, or the Trump family, but it will be out there to find for all those who want to see it and know where to look.

If I'm crazy, I ain't the only one:

But it’s also possible that the American public will never get to read Mueller’s report — at least not the full version. That’s because Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker (assuming that he’s still in the job when the report comes in) and other Justice Department officials will give key members of Congress a brief overview of what’s in the report and then determine whether and how to make Mueller’s findings public. It’s not at all obvious that Whitaker, who has been critical of Mueller’s investigation in the past, will want to share the full report more broadly, and President Trump’s attorneys might even try to block its release.

But in some ways, Mueller has been writing a public “report” over the past 13 months, through the indictments and charging documents that his office has issued. Many of the indictments, describing what Mueller and his team have found, are more detailed than required. (Much of the detail in a supplement to Michael Flynn’s sentencing memo released late Tuesday was redacted.)

To be clear, we don’t actually know for sure if Mueller’s strategy is to use court documents to present his findings to the public. But if we consider the sum of the information that Mueller has already released publicly as a kind of “report” to Congress and the electorate, what have we learned?1

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-if-we-already-have-the-mueller-report/

My pet theory from long before "collusion" ever came along: Trump will be tried for multiple charges of money laundering after he resigns, is impeached, or fails to win re-election.

Always believed him to be a money launderer. His family will also be caught up, including Jr, Eric, and Ivanka. Jared will face his own legal problems related to Kushner family businesses.

Back
Top Bottom