• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Post your personal DGU (defensive gun use) stories or the positive use of a firearm by a friend or family member, that you know are factual.

I've been hesitant to join this thread, but as I do have two incidents when I was younger, I will. Back in 1966 or so, my father owned and operated a UTOTEM store in Glendale AZ. It was open 7-11 every day and he was the only employee. My brother and I used to come and price stuff after school.
One evening a car pulled up to the gas pumps and a girl got out and ran into the store. She was pleading for help. When the guy came in my dad pulled his blackhawk from under the counter and told him to leave the store. He did so.
10 years or so later, my father was paralyzed by a stoke, living at home. We had a granny unit out back and a young college student was living there. The phone rang in the middle of the night and she said someone was trying to get in. I grabbed the blackhawk and went down the driveway. I heard 6 gunshots when she emptied her 22 revolver through the door. The two guys were running up the driveway when I put two 357 rounds into the air. They ran the other way into the neighbors pasture. (first time I saw flames from that revolver)
Blackhawks are excellent guns.

I’ll ask you once more in the incident I mentioned how would your “sharp” mind have gotten you out of this ass whipping?

Assuming this was one of your “occasions” were a problem would arise.

Can wait to hear this bullshit lol.

First off, you make ridiculous assumptions as nutter do. "They were out to get me."
Second, why were you there if not to look for trouble?
And why did you have a gun if not wanting trouble?

I'd have not been in an area I knew I was not welcomed, I would have left and apologized if need be. I'd have backed up with a smile and made light of the situation. And if all else failed I'd have taken a beating. Far better options than playing Rambo where who knows how many you could have shot needlessly.

But just that you read people's minds is amazing. You knew their intent. All defensive gun owners can read peoples minds. I have read this countless times. Like the guy that girled the young girl for pulling into his driveway while being lost. Or teh young black man shot for ringing a doorbell looking for his little sister.

Yeah. tough guys always know the intent of others so they always have a gun at the ready. Seems to me pretty clear. They are ignorant scared boobs relying on weapons because they have no self confidence.

Lol picking up hookers?

Hookers, hipsters, crack, unpoliced sunbathing, and even Russian mob lol and you have the balls to question my story? This shit is ****ing hilarious.

Had to pay for sex lol. Now I understand.

You could never understand a full life as mine. Never. You have no clue.
None.

Your attempt at insult involved the quantity of his posts read by others. You come out badly on that.

Your attempt to prove readership based on the numbers who "like" or even read his posts is a logical fallacy

Your attempt to prove readership based on the numbers who "like" or even read his posts is a logical fallacy

Which one is it?

Once the passenger pulled his firearm in a threatening manner the driver was justified in opening fire.
i can find no fault with the driver opening fire pre-emptively when the aggressive passenger crossed the no-contact line the driver had required him to stand behind, and while crossing that line was visibly holding a handgun
the passenger had earlier threatened the driver that he, the passenger' should 'pop' him, the driver, for the driver's refusal to violate his employer's directive and instead drop the passenger off between scheduled stops
Preventively? The driver simply fired to save his life. When you pull a gun on someone and threaten them you are essentially saying do this OR ELSE I WILL SHOOT YOU. At any point in which you get the nerve and or opportunity to defend yourself you are completely justified.
my objection to the (now terminated) driver's shooting was after he had caused the perp to flee to the back of the bus, he again fired on him in that direction. there had been two other passengers in that compartment where the driver directed his second series of shots toward the passenger within that passenger compartment
those other passengers are quite fortunate they were not hit, recognizing the driver was rarely able to hit his target

Which one ?
How many attempts do you think you've made based on this criteria ?

Once again, you either can't or won't explain one of your undefined comments.

According to the serial number, it's from the first year, 1955. Same as me. And I've been shooting it since I was 12. I can't drive tacks with, but inside 50 yds, center mass is not a problem.
Wow.
An old Blackhawk with personal history.
Priceless that is.

in the theme of this thread, did the person who opened fire do so preventively?

https://www.wbtv.com/2023/05/26/graphic-video-cats-bus-shooting-released/
I suppose so. Someone was trying to get in the front door in the middle of the night. She called us for help before panicking and emptying the revolver through the front door. She may have wounded one of them as it was just a 22. However, when the sheriff's arrived they didn't find any blood. They also advised us that they need to be the house when you shoot them. (wink, wink)

It is. I don't have children, so I'm leaving it to my brother's daughter. She's going to be the keeper of the family history.
That is probably a 3 screw gun with a pin on the hammer and no transfer bar ignition
If so, the hammer has to be on an empty chamber.
Contact Ruger - you can send it to Ruger and they'll replace the old parts and upgrade the gun for free.
They will also send the original parts back with gun to you to maintain the original value

That is probably a 3 screw gun with a pin on the hammer and no transfer bar ignition
If so, the hammer has to be on an empty chamber.
Contact Ruger - you can send it to Ruger and they'll replace the old parts and upgrade the gun for free.
They will also send the original parts back with gun to you to maintain the original value

Yes to all. 3 screw, flat top. Ruger sent me a box with a shipping label and fixed it for free. I've had it recently valued at about $900, just because I'm considering getting rid of all the guns I no longer use. I don't want them to be auctioned off by and to strangers. I recently sold a Savage model 340G, bolt action, clip fed 30-30 with factory scope and a stock I custom inlaid. A friend wanted a new deer rifle and had never seen a bolt action 30-30.

First off, you make ridiculous assumptions as nutter do. "They were out to get me."
Second, why were you there if not to look for trouble?
And why did you have a gun if not wanting trouble?

I'd have not been in an area I knew I was not welcomed, I would have left and apologized if need be. I'd have backed up with a smile and made light of the situation. And if all else failed I'd have taken a beating. Far better options than playing Rambo where who knows how many you could have shot needlessly.

But just that you read people's minds is amazing. You knew their intent. All defensive gun owners can read peoples minds. I have read this countless times. Like the guy that girled the young girl for pulling into his driveway while being lost. Or teh young black man shot for ringing a doorbell looking for his little sister.

Yeah. tough guys always know the intent of others so they always have a gun at the ready. Seems to me pretty clear. They are ignorant scared boobs relying on weapons because they have no self confidence.
They were openly speaking about beating our asses. You do understand what that means yes?

We went to play basketball.

I had my gun because it was a bad neighborhood and I wanted protection. I was correct.

If you could comprehend you would see that I did start walking away AND even agreed to the demands to leave.

You can take an ass whipping I will not. Seen beatings that left folks seriously injured and even dead. I am not required to accept that and they are not allowed to do that.

I have plenty of self confidence. You wish to fight one on one and everything is relatively fair as in similar age, weight, etc I am game. You come with a dozen plus against one and a half and my confidence becomes shaken. I wasn’t even confident that I could stop more than 3 or 4 before being mobbed had they decided to attack all at once.

And just one more time since you failed while reading the story. They were openly telling us that they were gonna beat the shit out of us. So all that nonsense and projection is all in your ****ing head.

You could never understand a full life as mine. Never. You have no clue.
None.
A john picking up hookers, fighting Russian mob lol. I believe the patronizing of hookers. I don’t believe all that other bullshit.

I don’t care about your “full” life. Someone who picks up hookers is probably not someone I wish to know.

i can find no fault with the driver opening fire pre-emptively when the aggressive passenger crossed the no-contact line the driver had required him to stand behind, and while crossing that line was visibly holding a handgun
the passenger had earlier threatened the driver that he, the passenger' should 'pop' him, the driver, for the driver's refusal to violate his employer's directive and instead drop the passenger off between scheduled stops

my objection to the (now terminated) driver's shooting was after he had caused the perp to flee to the back of the bus, he again fired on him in that direction. there had been two other passengers in that compartment where the driver directed his second series of shots toward the passenger within that passenger compartment
those other passengers are quite fortunate they were not hit, recognizing the driver was rarely able to hit his target
Agreed

this was just posted in regards to the shooting:

The transit system said Fullard [the driver] didn't properly deescalate the situation

anyone know how that driver could have de-escalated the situation of an obnoxious, belligerent, threatening passenger holding a handgun beside the driver ... after the driver had told the then non-bearing passenger to stay behind that line separating the passengers from the driver?

this passenger had earlier commented how he (the passenger) should "pop" the driver for the driver's refusal to disobey his job's rule against stopping for passengers at other than designated bus stops

what de-escalation efforts did the driver fail to employ?

They were openly speaking about beating our asses. You do understand what that means yes?

We went to play basketball.

I had my gun because it was a bad neighborhood and I wanted protection. I was correct.

If you could comprehend you would see that I did start walking away AND even agreed to the demands to leave.

You can take an ass whipping I will not. Seen beatings that left folks seriously injured and even dead. I am not required to accept that and they are not allowed to do that.

I have plenty of self confidence. You wish to fight one on one and everything is relatively fair as in similar age, weight, etc I am game. You come with a dozen plus against one and a half and my confidence becomes shaken. I wasn’t even confident that I could stop more than 3 or 4 before being mobbed had they decided to attack all at once.

And just one more time since you failed while reading the story. They were openly telling us that they were gonna beat the shit out of us. So all that nonsense and projection is all in your ****ing head.

True story. Late yesterday afternoon I went to the park to walk. As I came across a turn 5 young males, hillbillies, came onto the path just behind me. They made several remarks designed to elicit a response. I never so much as turned my head or acknowledge them in any way.
As I continued walking I started to laugh to myself think of this very conversation. You would have pulled your gun for no ****in reason.

My advise to you, stay away from places, be they big bad cities or children's basketball courts, that scare you. You will get yourself in trouble one day.

A john picking up hookers, fighting Russian mob lol. I believe the patronizing of hookers. I don’t believe all that other bullshit.

I don’t care about your “full” life. Someone who picks up hookers is probably not someone I wish to know.

Read my post again. I never fought anyone in the Russian mob. I simply referenced that it was their territory.

Not only did I enjoy the services of hookers, often, I made friend with many and every dated some. One I set up in an apartment. She was a sweet kid.

And as you believe nothing I say I guess you don't believe I had met Trump, Bill Clinton and Gotti. Own a home on the Bosporus in Turkey or that my second wife attended Trump's wedding reception when he married Marla.

I have lived full spectrum.

Hey, if you think I am a liar, keep notes on what I post or do a search through my past posts. A liar has to have a good memory and I have a terrible memory. You'd be able to trip me up in a nanosecond.

You have no idea how robust a life I have led.

True story. Late yesterday afternoon I went to the park to walk. As I came across a turn 5 young males, hillbillies, came onto the path just behind me. They made several remarks designed to elicit a response. I never so much as turned my head or acknowledge them in any way.
As I continued walking I started to laugh to myself think of this very conversation. You would have pulled your gun for no ****in reason.

My advise to you, stay away from places, be they big bad cities or children's basketball courts, that scare you. You will get yourself in trouble one day.

NYC hillbillies are the worst. You should have jumped into your car, thrown it in reverse, and backed up at 50 mph to make your escape.

NYC hillbillies are the worst. You should have jumped into your car, thrown it in reverse, and backed up at 50 mph to make your escape.

I was at the country place. Peace

I was at the country place. Peace

That explains it. What sort of horrible comments did they make that let you know they were trolling?

Back
Top Bottom