• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Post Politics Now: Raskin expects ‘crimes that have not yet been alleged’ in Jan. 6 report

If that were the case tromps trial would be the longest in history
:D Ok, you got me to enjoy my first laugh of the day. Good one!! I do need to correct you a little. DJT's trials would be a never-ending loop of trials. As soon as he would leave a courthouse and speak (lie) to reporters outside, he'd have to turn right around and go back into the courthouse for his next trial - again, again, again, again and again. Never-ending!

A year and a half of BLM and Antifa riots across America (which caused 2 billion dollars in damages) are ignored, but one day of rioting by the right is an INSURRECTION.

A year and a half of BLM and Antifa riots across America (which caused 2 billion dollars in damages) are ignored, but one day of rioting by the right is an INSURRECTION.
Slightly off topic, but at least this allows me a chance to bring you up to speed. Only approximately 800 people arrested for the attempted coup at our Capitol.

PHOENIX (AP) — More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests decrying racism and police brutality in the wake of George Floyd’s death, according to an Associated Press tally of known arrests across the U.S.

A year and a half of BLM and Antifa riots across America (which caused 2 billion dollars in damages) are ignored, but one day of rioting by the right is an tINSURRECTION.
See the difference between a protest turned into a riot, and a planned insurection/coup in an all out terrorist attack on our nations capital with both houses of Congress in session???

Last edited:
There is no valid claim of executive privilege in this case. None at all.

Bannon could “claim“ it. But that would only last as long as the first hearing on that claim.

I don’t know where you got the ridiculous idea that prosecuting a former White House official has never been done.

That would have come as a surprise to HR Haldeman, John Erlichman, Oliver North, Scooter Libby, and a host of others.
Of course, that's not what I said.

There are several obstacles to your line of reasoning:
  • Bannon was part of the executive branch in the early days. He isn't privileged for what he said as a private citizen.
  • The witness doesn't get to assert executive privilege. The sitting president decides executive privilege and Joe Biden isn't going to do so for Bannon.
  • Plotting an insurrection isn't part of one's normal duties and isn't privileged. United States v. Nixon, established that even a President has a legal duty to provide evidence of one’s communications with his aides when the information is relevant to a criminal case.
There's another odd interpretation. Something you leftist love to do.

They have nothing but twisted spin, speculation, innuendo, hyperbole and lies. They've built that into a narrative and they'll keep building.
Keep dreaming, and enjoy the hearings.

He was not part of the executive branch during the time of the insurrection.
There wasn't an insurrection.
Jim Jordan has never been part of the executive branch of the government yet he refused to show up.
I never said he was.
It doesn't matter if the person is part of the executive branch. Way too many of the trump criminals weren't part of the executive branch and being a part of the executive branch has absolutely nothing to do with it.

All Nancy has to do is what the republicans have been doing.

Just refuse to show up.
The would complete her hypocrisy, now wouldn't it? Her little pet project of a committee, and she refuses to testify before it. So perfect.

Oh, you wanted to read from me that they're doing this to win the mid-term election. Of course, both political parties do that as well. It's just not the #1 reason for which the 1/6 Committee was created.
The 1/6 Communists are a political attack Trump group, trying to keep alive the leftists lies. That is about all they have left.

"crimes that have not been alleged"

In other words, the dog and pony show will add to their narrative.

The "dogs and ponies" were all provided courtesy of Donald J Trump and his supporters!

Starting with the 5 years spent promoting the "birther" claim that President Barack Obama wasn't born in America, everything that comes out of Trump's mouth has been 1 baseless allegation after another!

Given the failure 62 of 63 attempts in the Courts to overturn the outcome of the 2020 Election, Trump has the dubious distinction of setting new records in futility with a success rate of just 1.5% - "THE MOTHER OF ALL DOG AND PONY SHOWS!"

The 1/6 Communists are a political attack Trump group, trying to keep alive the leftists lies. That is about all they have left.
First that I've heard about the 1/6 Committee being Communists. Is there supporting evidence for that?

I'm almost certain that all on that Committee are anti-Putin. I also highly doubt that any of them are pro Xi.

Have you ever known any president not confronted by political attack groups?

Back
Top Bottom