• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Post Office Current Debt Tops $160 Billion

Raise taxes.

It was a voice vote, so there is no record... It was the lame duck GOP house and senate that were about to lose control of the house and senate about two weeks later...

But there were 50+ dems as co-sponsors as I just posted.

No corp got trillions of dollars. That is absurd.

But the bill has kept all of extended family working and paid (corp execs, lawyers, accountants, etc...) - but they work from home now.
You’ve missed the news of the trillions given away to GOP Corps with the windfall tax giveaway in 2017. We sure could use a few of those billions right now.

Trump had trillion dollar deficits before his incompetent response to COVID. He is the reason why our economy has cratered.

But there were at least 50 dems as co-sponsors.

So this is not all GOP fault.

You are mixing up two different bills... HR 22 which died and HR 6407 which passed...

You are mixing up two different bills... HR 22 which died and HR 6407 which passed...

Lol. An identical bill sponsored by the same Democrats. Literally there in the links posted. Nice flail.

Raise taxes.

Congress doesn't appropriate money to the USPS. While a great idea, I don't know how it would help out in this case.

Wrong bill, wrong year.. try again

I'm a tax and civil lawyer not a political lawyer. Give me some leeway, please. Sorry about the incorrect link.

Regardless - none of this really matters anyway because each state has laws on the timing of requesting an absentee ballot.

For example (I do not know these to be true) -

Some states state that you cannot request a ballot until 7 days before the election.

Other states - can't request a ballot until 10 days before the election.

Others are different, I suspect.

Rules and the obtaining of an application for a voting ballot from each state - Absentee Ballot Rules - Vote.org

Like I said earlier - the USPS subject really is moot anyway. The dems are all worried about mail in ballots. Where have they been on this topic since January? Nowhere except telling the USA that all was fine with the caronavirus.

If the BLM crowds and other protesters now numbering in the millions across this country can go out every night protesting, shooting and killing people and police, committing arson, pillaging and looting, etc... they certainly can spare some time to go vote in person. Polls are usually open for at least 12 hours.

Then they can get back to their criminal activities.

Lol. An identical bill sponsored by the same Democrats. Literally there in the links posted. Nice flail.

Sigh... I know it can be hard to actually read the record but geez...

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 10.27.42 AM.jpg

H.R.22 - 109th Congress (2005-2006): Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 10.27.03 AM.jpg

H.R.6407 - 109th Congress (2005-2006): Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Notice any difference on that little tab that says cosponsors?

Bush signed a bi-partisan bill for the post office that included the pension contribution change.

Hell, Biden probably voted for it as the bill was pro-union.

The USPS contracts with FedEx and UPS for their overnight deliveries. That must cut into profit.

You're posting false information. You're right that the bill passed bi-partisan, with union support - they did not realize the pension effects at the time. Later, they regretted supporting it.

Nearly all of their debt is because of that pre-funding in that bill. It's a sabotage. Without it they'd be doing great. Yet you didn't say a WORD about it as the cause in your OP and now are here trying to peddle false speculation 'maybe it's the competition with FedEx and UPS'.

I'm a tax and civil lawyer not a political lawyer. Give me some leeway, please. Sorry about the incorrect link.

Regardless - none of this really matters anyway because each state has laws on the timing of requesting an absentee ballot.

For example (I do not know these to be true) -

Some states state that you cannot request a ballot until 7 days before the election.

Other states - can't request a ballot until 10 days before the election.

Others are different, I suspect.

Rules and the obtaining of an application for a voting ballot from each state - Absentee Ballot Rules - Vote.org

Like I said earlier - the USPS subject really is moot anyway. The dems are all worried about mail in ballots. Where have they been on this topic since January? Nowhere except telling the USA that all was fine with the caronavirus.

If the BLM crowds and other protesters now numbering in the millions across this country can go out every night protesting, shooting and killing people and police, committing arson, pillaging and looting, etc... they certainly can spare some time to go vote in person. Polls are usually open for at least 12 hours.

Where have the democrats been?

July
House passes smaller USPS reform bill to eliminate pre-funding benefits

Feb
House-passed infrastructure bill gives USPS $25B for e-vehicles, facility updates | Federal News Network

You seem to be operating under the delusion that a business and a service are mutually exclusive things. They aren’t. USPS operates as a Federally owned business - it sells goods and services to pay its employees and fund their benefits. They are not provided free of cost by the government.

Actually Donnie boy and the GOP is suffering under the dilution that it can use standards for a government service that rightly belong to a business and just as every right wing Qanon whack I can think of pours molasses over terms that have specific meaning in an effort to confuse the audience you are pouring molasses over "business" and "government service". I am not going to try to guess at your intentions or your motives. Frankly, I don't care.

Using excuses like "it losses money" in a pejorative sense is utterly meaningless with regard to a government agency or service. Show me one that does not lose money. Show me one that makes money? Show me another one where that it the standard set for it. Businesses lose or make money.

A government agency is defined as:
A government or state agency, sometimes an appointed commission, is a permanent or semi-permanent organization in the machinery of government that is responsible for the oversight and administration of specific functions, such as an administration. Agencies can be established by legislation or by executive powers.

Then for further education you can go to the listing of US Gov Agencies and guess what you will find......U.S Postal Service!

You can play this game anyway you want to play it. What.....Donnie boy "discovered" 3.5 years into his term that the post office loses money and he should by God do something about it? We all know what donnie is doing and I suspect you do as well.

Last edited:
Sigh... I know it can be hard to actually read the record but geez...

Can you summarize the story of those two bills? I hadn't heard about that before.

Continuing from my last post, here is each state with instructions and the amount of time to request and/or mail in the ballot -

Absentee Ballot Deadlines - Vote.org

Every single one looks fine to me.

Anyone who cannot figure out the instructions for their state is a moron and should call the State Secretary of State's office.

Here is a link for every state's Sec of State phone number and website - Secretary of State Office Websites for All U.S. States

Now, Pelosi can rest and stop harassing Trump.

I'm a tax and civil lawyer not a political lawyer. Give me some leeway, please.

Wait, you are a lawyer? Isn't the concept of truth supposed to be understood by lawyers? You are posting yet more massive false statements. When people are extremely dishonest repeatedly in their posting, it's a reason for me to stop reading their posts. You are at the point with my finger on the button.

As someone else pointed out, the Democrats have passed a removal for the cause of the crippling Post Office Debt you dishonestly did not mention, the pre-funding.

The DEMOCRATS are the ones saying the Coronavirus wasn't a big deal? A lie. See my sig for who DID say that.

For the countless time, 99% of the protesters have been peaceful. The other 1%, many of whom are unrelated to or hostile to BLM, are the criminals. You falsely claim they're all the same.

DaJoy backpedaling hard as we speak. These guys are just too much.

Unfortunately, Texas eliminates virtually anyone under 65 from getting an absentee ballot...

Trump gave it away today saying ‘Amazon’. His USPS lackey is in ‘direct’ competition with USPS in the private sector with a 100-million dollar venture. Veterans and the Elderly aren’t too happy with the negative impact on them already.

It's absurd to connect these things. You just want to suppress votes.

Congress doesn't appropriate money to the USPS. While a great idea, I don't know how it would help out in this case.

Congress asked for 25 billion to help the postal service deal with voting during a pandemic. Tweety is blocking it because he wants to make it hard to vote without potentially getting sick and dying.

You’ve missed the news of the trillions given away to GOP Corps with the windfall tax giveaway in 2017. We sure could use a few of those billions right now.

Trump had trillion dollar deficits before his incompetent response to COVID. He is the reason why our economy has cratered.

The whole stimulous bill was only 2.2 Trillion.

No single corporation received over 1 Trillion dollars.

Ans don't forget that Obama holds the record for adding to the deficit with trillion dollar deficits each and every year.

The last time the US had no national debt was January 8, 1835.

We could use a few billions now - for what? That is pocket change to the US.

Trump gave it away today saying ‘Amazon’. His USPS lackey is in ‘direct’ competition with USPS in the private sector with a 100-million dollar venture. Veterans and the Elderly aren’t too happy with the negative impact on them already.

That is surely one of DaJoy's motivations. I would guess that those two monkeys, DaJoy and Trump are not fully and exactly motivated to the same degree on this issue. Rest assured the good of the American people as a motivation falls somewhere around cow dung in their eyes.

The democratic house has passed a lot of bills during the last 1.75 years, probably all partisan.

They are sitting on GOP Senator Mitch's desk gathering dust because he knows that Trump will not sign any of them and I do not blame him. Most are a total waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom