• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Possibly Gay Muslim Democrat Murders People. NY Times Blames... Republicans

No it's not. You just made that up.

"June 28, 1969 – Police, in the early morning hours, raided a gay bar, the Stonewall Inn, located in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. This event sparked the Stonewall riots, which were a series of demonstrations by members of the LGBT community.
March 1970 – Howard Efland, a gay man who had checked into the Dover Hotel in Los Angeles, under the pseudonym J. McCann, was beaten to death by officers of the Los Angeles Police Department.[8]
June 24, 1973 – An arsonist burned the Upstairs Lounge, a gay bar in New Orleans, killing 32 people.[9]
June 21, 1977 – Robert Hillsborough was stabbed to death in San Francisco by a man shouting "faggot".[10]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_violence_against_LGBT_people_in_the_United_States

And this man pledged allegiance to a religious ideology who kills gays. Why is that so hard to admit?

Because i can think critically rather than having a blind knee-jerk reaction based on my ideology ?

No. You have shown zero evidence of critical thinking, and your position is 100% ideological. Only a blind ideologue would look at a massacre committed by a Muslim who praised Allah and declared loyalty to ISIS as he mowed down innocents and see it as something other than it is.

And this man pledged allegiance to a religious ideology who kills gays. Why is that so hard to admit?

An ideology isn't a person and cannot kill people without adherents.

There are more than one and a half billion Muslims, and about one and a half billion of those Muslims don't kill homosexuals.

Further, you are really just proving my point. If the intention is to kill gays, then that proves my narrative. The killer had an intense hatred to gays. As i have proven, there are cases of non-Muslims killing gays all over history.

If his religion were the source of the intense hatred for gays, that still doesn't change the fact that the intense hatred for gays was the source of his desire to shoot up this gay nightclub.

No. You have shown zero evidence of critical thinking, and your position is 100% ideological. Only a blind ideologue would look at a massacre committed by a Muslim who praised Allah and declared loyalty to ISIS as he mowed down innocents and see it as something other than it is.

I never claimed that he wasn't Muslim.

I just didn't make the prejudiced assumption that the violence must have been solely driven by the religious affiliation.

If his religion were the source of the intense hatred for gays, that still doesn't change the fact that the intense hatred for gays was the source of his desire to shoot up this gay nightclub.

I've been saying that the entire time.

LOL! Funny how you ignore any and all evidence that points to a conclusion other than what you desperately want it to be.

LOL! Funny how you ignore any and all evidence that points to a conclusion other than what you desperately want it to be.

I am not desperate for it to be anything. This is a case where a muslim pledged his allegiance to ISIS and slaughtered 49 people. It is you and other leftists who want to lie about what happened because it fits your agenda to do so.

I am not desperate for it to be anything. This is a case where a muslim pledged his allegiance to ISIS and slaughtered 49 people. It is you and other leftists who want to lie about what happened because it fits your agenda to do so.

You just proved my point. I am not even close to being a 'leftist'.

Try again, please, and take all evidence into account. I know, it taxes you mentally, but give it the old college try.

It's labeled as opinion, so it doesn't fit the conventional definition of media bias.

The excuses never cease to amaze me. If editorials were written by average blokes picked at random off the street, then your excuse may pass muster. But, as both you and I know, editorials are written by the senior editorial staff at the newspaper! That means the people who are most responsible for the subject matter that is published by that paper are obviously hatefully and dishonestly biased, which negatively influences their ability to educate the public on what happens in the halls of government.

Just once I'd like to see liberals admit to the obvious problem with the news media in America. There is nothing good going to come from a media that make it their primary duty to destroy 1 political party, while allowing corruption and incompetence to go unpunished in the other. That's how governments become oppressive.

I've been saying that the entire time.

Not really. You dishonestly claimed that i was blaming republicans. On the contrary, i was blaming the group of people that share an intense hatred of homosexuality. That includes some republicans. You blamed radical Islam- there are radical Christians that also think homosexuals should be killed. In other words, you are focusing on the aspect you want to focus on (Islam), rather than the relevant factor (intense hatred of homosexuals).

When a guy with schizophrenia wandered into a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic and shot people, he was labeled as the face of right wing politics. When a Muslim specifically states he killed for Isis, why do some people try to spin it into blaming guns, Republicans, and Southerners?

A love of guns didn't drive Mateen to extremism.
Republicans didn't drive Mateen to extremism.
And Southern culture didn't drive Mateen to extremism.

No it's not. Islam played a major factor into why he committed this massacre. It's undeniable at this point.

The only thing consistent about the shooter was that he was homophobic and mentally unstable. Reports are coming out that he was a closeted gay man too. If his religion did play a part then it must have conflicted with his sexual desires.

Orlando shooting: Gunman Omar Mateen was a closet homosexual, say friends - as wife faces charges after 'helping him scope out attack'

Are you denying that he targeted gays? It seems like you don't want to deal with that fact at all. Why? It is becoming clear that "Islamist radicalism" was not his sole motivation. He has been frequenting Pulse for years and some that knew him are claiming he was gay himself. If this is the case then it is very possible that his "shame" of being attracted to men was his motivation to lash out and the ISIS claim was merely a smokescreen.

Not really a smokescreen because the salient point here is if he was gay, the self-hate came from growing up with radical muslims. Obviously his religion won out against his sexuality

Or he did that because he was a psychopathic conflicted Muslim Homosexual who turned to radical Islam as an "escape" on that fateful day.

he had been visiting jihadist sites "a ton"

he was too much of a loser even for ISIS to take in, but he was radicalized in thought long before the attack

Agreed, for the most part. That was his intention. His motivation may have been a pathological self-loathing and hatred that radical Islamism may have been the final straw for.

bearing in mind that internalized homophobia is very common, yet almost always this leads to self harm if anything...

what is left that explains this? The murderous nature of radical islam, borderline personality. Not sure what else

What the **** are you talking about ?

I didn't blame a country, i blamed bigotry against homosexuals. Do you think bigotry against homosexuals is unique to Islam ?

He was born and raised in the United States.

Intolerance of homosexuality is far more likely to have played a role in this than religion. He didn't shoot up a church, he shot up a gay nightclub.

Your words not mine. And no, I don't think homophobia is exclusive to Islam, but unlike you I don't think it's excluded along with every other possible issue that is prevalent in the name of multiculturalism either.

When the Westboro nutjobs do something crazy, do you sit there and say it wasn't their religion that caused this too? Because I know your political peers definitely don't share the same hesitation, unless once again it involves Islam. That is a sheer and clear problem of denial, and the reason I'm so passionate about it because it's partly to blame for instances like Orlando.

Back
Top Bottom