• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Possible threat to subway in New York

Deegan said:
What's the big deal here?

We all know an attack is certain, so why not just use this as a form of exercise, even if it does not happen, or is credible? I just don't understand those who are poo pooing this extra security, it's ignorant, and dangerous to begin to act in this way.:roll:
Yup...

Just look through the thread and see how some want to twist it into a political thing instead of just seeing it for what it really is...:shrug:

cnredd said:
Notice how you place BLAME on the Federal government?...Now it comes out that the Federal government were the ones that DIDN'T want New York officials to react the way they have...proving your accusation wrong...

Blatent hypocracy or ignorance of facts?...You make the call...:roll:
I actually didn't place blame on anyone in that statement. :roll:

DHS was the only one that thought they overreacted and you yourself said they have a dubious track record. The President said...
In Washington,
President Bush said Friday that New York City officials exercised their own prerogative in publicizing the threat. Asked if he thought New York officials had overreacted, Bush said: "I think they took the information we gave and made the judgments they thought were necessary."

Seems that the head of the Federal Government does not think they are reacting wrongly.

Deegan said:
What's the big deal here?

We all know an attack is certain, so why not just use this as a form of exercise, even if it does not happen, or is credible? I just don't understand those who are poo pooing this extra security, it's ignorant, and dangerous to begin to act in this way.:roll:
They should take it seriously in case there is some credibility to it. If there was an attack and Bloomberg hadn't warned the city he could take some serious flack. The eyes and ears of the 4.5 million subway passengers are the cities best defense.

scottyz said:
I actually didn't place blame on anyone in that statement. :roll:
And this statement isn't an accusation?

Seems like whenever the admin is having trouble with it's agenda a new terrorist "threat" pops up.

scottyz said:
DHS was the only one that thought they overreacted and you yourself said they have a dubious track record.
Nope...I have never stated my own opinion of Homeland Security on this forum nor have "I" stated they have a "dubious track record"...I only notice the hypocracy of some using them as a credible source NOW when they were considered incompetent by the same people earlier in reference to the hurricane...Swing and a miss...

scottyz said:
Seems that the head of the Federal Government does not think they are reacting wrongly.
Seems like the administration doesn't but the DHS does...Your earlier statement referred to the administration...

scottyz said:
I'll go with neither...I've pointed out your faulty logic and have had to inform YOU that the information was given by the FBI and not the Homeland Security...Ignorance of facts has been proven, by not on my side...

Continue trying to find an angle that will work or give up?...:2wave:

cnredd said:
And this statement isn't an accusation?

Seems like whenever the admin is having trouble with it's agenda a new terrorist "threat" pops up.
I never said they came up with the threat.
Seems like the administration doesn't but the DHS does...Your earlier statement referred to the administration...
Wrong. I referred to the Federal gov. Same as you...
"The FEDERAL government(Homeland Security) was the one that said the credibility of the threat was overblown...Which is the OPPOSITE of your contention..."

I'll go with neither...I've pointed out your faulty logic and have had to inform YOU that the information was given by the FBI and not the Homeland Security...Ignorance of facts has been proven, by not on my side...

Continue trying to find an angle that will work or give up?...:2wave:
Then you say.. "Now...when New York becomes aware of information that may lead to an attack, the voices ring out...

"How come your not listening to Homeland Security?"

*yawn* You never informed me of anything. You just spew and hope something sticks as usual. I'm not even sure what you're whining about at this point... The FBI thinks it is somewhat serious, DHS thinks it's a joke and the President thinks NY should do what it thinks is necessary, but wont commit to a definite opinion of the threats validity. Simple enough for you?

scottyz said:
*yawn* You never informed me of anything. You just spew and hope something sticks as usual. I'm not even sure what you're whining about at this point... The FBI thinks it is somewhat serious, DHS thinks it's a joke and the President thinks NY should do what it thinks is necessary, but wont commit to a definite opinion of the threats validity. Simple enough for you?

Wow...that sounds suspiciously like an earlier comment...Oh yeah...mine...

The FBI notified both local and federal officials...one says it overblown, the other said they'd rather err on the side of caution...

Where's the problem?

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=108497&postcount=20

I'm glad we finally got that settled.:lol:

If a bomb does go off in New York, you can count on the fingers being pointed at Bush. Like when Katrina wiped out the Gulf Coast, all the Libbies were blaming Bush. How in the Hell did Bush call on a Hurricane??? That's what I want to know, and also how would it be Bush's fault for the terrorist attack in New York; if it happens? Let me guess, the whole "Bush invaded Iraq, so that's why there is terrorism in the world..." speech will come out on all frequencies. Last time I checked, there was terrorism WAY BEFORE BUSH DECLARED WAR ON SADDAAM HUSSEIN!!! Like in the 70's with plane hijackings (I think it was the 70's, but still there were attacks. Like the first WTC Bombings).

Donkey1499 said:
If a bomb does go off in New York, you can count on the fingers being pointed at Bush. Like when Katrina wiped out the Gulf Coast, all the Libbies were blaming Bush. How in the Hell did Bush call on a Hurricane??? That's what I want to know, and also how would it be Bush's fault for the terrorist attack in New York; if it happens? Let me guess, the whole "Bush invaded Iraq, so that's why there is terrorism in the world..." speech will come out on all frequencies. Last time I checked, there was terrorism WAY BEFORE BUSH DECLARED WAR ON SADDAAM HUSSEIN!!! Like in the 70's with plane hijackings (I think it was the 70's, but still there were attacks. Like the first WTC Bombings).

So true, but you can be sure that if a nuke vaporizes NYC, Bush will be blamed regardless. I think the first plane hijackings occurred about 1968. This has been going on "forever" and is a direct result of the appeasement/pacifist policies of the left who are always talking about the "root causes" of terrorism. What they won't recognize is that terrorists are just sub human scum that has to be rooted out and destroyed. To them Bush is a greater threat than bin Laden.

Donkey1499 said:
I know that this has nothing to do with the threads original topic, but that quote that Canuck has about Bush's opinion on Roe vs. Wade is pretty darn funny.

man a fresh breath of air

Ithought every one was on riddlin
only 2 people laughed
you and another
must be more people dont read they just post garbage

you are blessed my son

Donkey1499 said:

Keep this on the down low...we don't want "certain people" to change their opinion that it's Bush's fault for everything...:2wave:

1) 1972 Olympics hostage taking of 13 Isreali athletes
2) 1974 attack on an Israeli high school leaving 26 dead
3) 1974 TWA flight bombing killing 88.
4) 1975 Air France plane skyjacked. Israeli special forces rescue all but 3 hostages.
5) 1979 Tehran American Embassy attacked and 66 American hostages held.
6) 1979 Mosque in Mecca seized and 100s of hostages taken. Saudi and French military retake Mosque at a high price.
7) 1979 skyjacking and kidnapping of 66 Americans
8) 1980 Train Station bombing in Italy leaves 80 dead.
9) 1983 Embassy bombing in Beirut kills 63
10) 1983 Gulf Air Flight bombed killing 117.
11) 1983 Beirut Marine Bombing killed 241 Marines and a similar attack on a French barracks killing 58.
12) 1985 TWA Flight skyjacked and 153 civillians held hostage. One U.S. Sailor murdered.
13) 1985 Soviet Diplomats kidnapped and one is killed by Sunni Terrorists.
15) 1985 Egypt Air Flight skyjacked. 60 dead in rescue attempt.
16) 1985 Air India bombed killing 329.
17) 1985 Air Canada Aircraft bombed on the ground killing two in Japan.
18) 1985 Two seperate attacks in two seperate airports in Italy kills 16 total.
19) 1986 TWA bombing by Palestinians blow a hole in the cabin and 4 Americans are sucked out during the flight including one infant.
20) 1986 German Discotheque in Berlin bombed killing 3 U.S. servicemen and 230 others. America bombs Qadhafi in response.
21) 1986 Pan Am Flight hijacked. Terrorist open fire and kill 22 passengers.
22) 1987 North Korean Operatives plant a bomb on Korean Air Flight killing 115.
23) 1987 Barcelona Bar bombed killing 1 service man.
24) 1987 USO in Naples bombed killing 1 service man.
25) 1988 Pan Am Flight bombed killing 259 over Scotland.
26) 1989 UTA Flight bombed killing 170.
27) 1992 Israeli Embassy bombed killing 29.
28) 1993 World Trade Center in New York bombed killing 6 and wounding more than a thousand.
29) 1993 U.S. Army ambushed by Al-Qaeda during Peace Keeping Mission in Somalia.
30) 1994 Jewish Center bombed killing 86.
31) Saudi Arabia military compound bombed killing 40.
32) 1997 Palastinian gunman open fires at the Empire State Building killing one American.
33) 1997 Four U.S. business men are killed in Pakistan.
34) 1998 Two American Embassy bombings by Al-Queda kill 301.

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...;)

cnredd said:
Keep this on the down low...we don't want "certain people" to change their opinion that it's Bush's fault for everything...:2wave:

4) 1975 Air France plane skyjacked. Israeli special forces rescue all but 3 hostages.
6) 1979 Mosque in Mecca seized and 100s of hostages taken. Saudi and French military retake Mosque at a high price.
11) 1983 Beirut Marine Bombing killed 241 Marines and a similar attack on a French barracks killing 58.
12) 1985 TWA Flight skyjacked and 153 civillians held hostage. One U.S. Sailor murdered.
19) 1986 TWA bombing by Palestinians blow a hole in the cabin and 4 Americans are sucked out during the flight including one infant.
20) 1986 German Discotheque in Berlin bombed killing 3 U.S. servicemen and 230 others. America bombs Qadhafi in response.
28) 1993 World Trade Center in New York bombed killing 6 and wounding more than a thousand.
29) 1993 U.S. Army ambushed by Al-Qaeda during Peace Keeping Mission in Somalia.
32) 1997 Palastinian gunman open fires at the Empire State Building killing one American.

That's quite a list for the Bush Bashers to chew on. Of course the pacifist/appeasers will not change their spots. They know very little of history so they resort to name callling as is their wont. Name calling is easier than reason.

Donkey1499 said:
If a bomb does go off in New York, you can count on the fingers being pointed at Bush....how would it be Bush's fault for the terrorist attack in New York;
Huh? Are you suggesting that it is not Bush's job to protect every citizen in the USA? If / When there's another terrorist attack on US soil it damn well will be the responsibility of the sitting president. How can it not be? I think your entire point of view is skewed, sorry.
Donkey1499 said:
Iif it happens? Let me guess, the whole "Bush invaded Iraq, so that's why there is terrorism in the world..." speech will come out on all frequencies. Last time I checked, there was terrorism WAY BEFORE BUSH DECLARED WAR ON SADDAAM HUSSEIN!!!
Yes, the war in Iraq is most definitely responsible for creating new terrorists who hate us. The truth is that in 2005 America is the most hated nation in the world, period. Name one who is hated more? Why? Most definitely because of Bush and his policies. When Clinton was president the US was held in high regard and was not the most hated nation like it is today.

After 9-11 Bush had a golden opportunity to rally the world against terrorism and in support of the USA. He totally and completely blew it by invading Iraq and snubbing his nose at the UN. Those decisions beget consequences, and one of the scariest of them all is the creation of countless new terrorists who's raisin d'etre is to kill you and me and destroy the USA.

So yes, it is most definitely Bush's #1 job to protect us from the evil army that his lies have created. If we are attacked again, God forbid, then the person most responsible, by a lot is Bush and his entire Administration.

The blood of all of us will be on his hands.

Do I think he's purposely trying to get us attacked? No, I do not. I just think he's totally misguided in his beliefs and that he's taken us down a path that will haunt all of us for years and years.

26 X World Champs said:
Huh? Are you suggesting that it is not Bush's job to protect every citizen in the USA? If / When there's another terrorist attack on US soil it damn well will be the responsibility of the sitting president. How can it not be? I think your entire point of view is skewed, sorry.

Yes, the war in Iraq is most definitely responsible for creating new terrorists who hate us. The truth is that in 2005 America is the most hated nation in the world, period. Name one who is hated more? Why? Most definitely because of Bush and his policies. When Clinton was president the US was held in high regard and was not the most hated nation like it is today.

After 9-11 Bush had a golden opportunity to rally the world against terrorism and in support of the USA. He totally and completely blew it by invading Iraq and snubbing his nose at the UN. Those decisions beget consequences, and one of the scariest of them all is the creation of countless new terrorists who's raisin d'etre is to kill you and me and destroy the USA.

So yes, it is most definitely Bush's #1 job to protect us from the evil army that his lies have created. If we are attacked again, God forbid, then the person most responsible, by a lot is Bush and his entire Administration.

Do I think he's purposely trying to get us attacked? No, I do not. I just think he's totally misguided in his beliefs and that he's taken us down a path that will haunt all of us for years and years.
I guess the only way we could settle this is for an actual attack can occur...

Then we can go up to the people that did it and say...

"Excuse me, Mister Terrorists...we would like to know if you were one of the original terrorists who agreed with Bin Laden's fatwa in 1998 declaring war against all Americans or just a recent addition because of our current President's foreign policies...we really need to know this so we can publicly scream "I told you so!" in an effort to politically gain an advantage...Thank you for your attention in this matter."...:roll:

cnredd said:

I SEE RAYS OF HOPE

understnding your true enemy, is half the battle .In the secret Underworld of AMERICAN POLITICS

The republican and democratic parties
have all proven beyond any doubt
that they are the puppets of the ELITE NAZI AMERICANS with off shore bank accounts.
America does not twitch without a nazi saying go

26 X World Champs said:

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be Bush's fault. But you can't lay ALL of the blame on one person. Our GOV'T would be at fault for not protecting us, not just Bush.

And I hate to bring this up, but what about when Clinton was in power? Obviously someone hated us. The 1st WTC bombing and the bombings of US Embassies in Africa are signs of others hating America. So once again, the terrorist problem can't solely be blamed on Bush. Maybe he did create new terrorists, but the fact still remains that we were hated before Bush won his way to the most powerful chair in the world.

26 X World Champs said:

I've followed these kinds of threads on several forums over the years and this ranks right up there as one of the dumbest posts I have seen. Do you really try to sound so dumb or does this just come naturally to you? Inquiring minds want to know.

If you had an ounce of decency you would immediately emmigrate to Cuba, North Korea or Zimbabwe. You would be right at home with your kind.

Back
Top Bottom