• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Possible Terror In London

coldjoint

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just heard 3 people dead. Can't find link yet.

Edit 1 peson dead.

Last edited:
It appears more to do with mental issues than a terror attack.

Unbelievable. You actually seem disappointed with only one fatality.

Some people will be disappointed if it turns out that the guy was mentally ill.

I'm wondering why this one's all over breaking news outlets but this one isn't; only a couple of sources mention it.

The murdered victim is an American citizen. The injured are citizens of Australia, Spain, Israel and the UK. Weird.

I'm wondering why this one's all over breaking news outlets but this one isn't; only a couple of sources mention it.

The victim is American that's why.

Two other women and three men were being treated for their injuries. They were identified by police as from Britain, Australia, the US and Israel.

The murdered victim is an American citizen. The injured are citizens of Australia, Spain, Israel and the UK. Weird.

Not really. Russell Square is bang in the middle of Bloomsbury, just round the corner from the British Museum, close to Soho and Covent Garden, and an area that is teeming with tourist hotels. It's unsurprising that tourists might be the victims of this.

A 19-year-old Norwegian-Somali man was arrested at the scene after being Tasered by a police officer. He is in police custody, where investigators have spoken to him. Police confirmed on Thursday morning that he has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

~

In a further update shortly before midday on Thursday, the police confirmed terrorism was not a motive in the attack, and said the mans nationality was not a factor. They reiterated that mental health issues remain the primary focus of the investigation.

Further updates.

Not really. Russell Square is bang in the middle of Bloomsbury, just round the corner from the British Museum, close to Soho and Covent Garden, and an area that is teeming with tourist hotels. It's unsurprising that tourists might be the victims of this.

Yeah but tourists mostly travel in groups, one injured from each nationality is indeed strange, and usually even in such random attacks on tourism spots you see mainly locals among the victims. It's not insane to think that he might have went for tourists deliberately.

The suspect is a Norwegian of Somali descent, possibly mentally ill.

Yeah but tourists mostly travel in groups, one injured from each nationality is indeed strange, and usually even in such random attacks on tourism spots you see mainly locals among the victims. It's not insane to think that he might have went for tourists deliberately.

The suspect is a Norwegian of Somali descent, possibly mentally ill.

I think that at 10pm it's more likely that tourists are coming and going from dinner, shows, bars etc, unlikely to be in big groups. It does sound as if he had mental illness issues, but perhaps too early to be sure. If that is the case, who knows what his targeting or motivation might be.

The police are being careful not to rule out mental illness, nor terrorist intent. Time will tell. Just another sad incident in this rotten, bloody, paranoid summer.

Anything to advance the "Muslimz are baad" agenda, even when it later gets proven that it wasn't about one at all. :roll:

I have this image of the poster to this day dancing around wherever he lives like Rumpelstiltkin trying to tear its leg out, at the facts unfolding that the Munich shooter was not motivated by Islamic extremism but rather hell bent on shooting Muslims.

Well, I suppose one could say that in that manner Islamism DID indeed motivate him. :roll:

When is IS going to claim this one?

Heck I was swatting mosquitoes all last night and shouting allahu akbar with everyone I got and just nobody seems to be interested.:mrgreen:

My thoughts go out to the woman killed and to her loved ones.

Unbelievable you would say that. You can read things into my posts that are not there? I did not want to spread an untruth, there is already enough of that when we deal with Islam.

When is IS going to claim this one?

Heck I was swatting mosquitoes all last night and shouting allahu akbar with everyone I got and just nobody seems to be interested.:mrgreen:

My thoughts go out to the woman killed and to her loved ones.

Your thoughts are toward distraction and denial.

Anything to advance the "Muslimz are baad" agenda, even when it later gets proven that it wasn't about one at all. :roll:

Islam is bad, there is a difference there you just can't admit.

Jo Loughran, interim director of Time to Change, the mental health anti-stigma campaign run by Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, has urged the media to ensure any reporting of a mental health element to the Russell Square attacks is “informed and balanced”. She points out that the overwhelming majority of people with mental health problems will never pose a risk to others. She said:
We understand that the police have released an update about the tragic incident at Russell Square stating that mental health is an increasingly significant factor in this case. The media must rightly report on this angle but we encourage them to do so responsibly.

There have been a number of horrendous acts of violence committed across Europe over recent weeks. As the media look to unpick these extremely complex incidents to explore motivations and reason we urge journalists and editors to provide well informed and balanced coverage of mental health.

Millions of people experience mental health problems every year and the overwhelming majority will never pose a risk to others.
Indeed, a point she be having.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2016/aug/04/london-stabbing-russell-square-knife-attack-live

Yep, all these recent attacks by " mentally ill " people makes you wonder if there's something in the water over there

Yourr Govt should send out a public service message that recommends boiling all water from the tap before consumption

It seems all the mentally ill have gone berserk in 2016, coincidentally :roll:

Yep, all these recent attacks by " mentally ill " people makes you wonder if there's something in the water over there

Yourr Govt should send out a public service message that recommends boiling all water from the tap before consumption
Actually comments like that make me wonder whether there's something in the water at your end.

:mrgreen:

Islam is bad, there is a difference there you just can't admit.

The only thing thats bad here is your inability to back up your lies with any sort of fact.

The only thing thats bad here is your inability to back up your lies with any sort of fact.

The facts are in the Koran, and the daily terror attacks throughout Africa and the ME are also a fact.

Back
Top Bottom