• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Possible Palin Scandal Already?

rathi

Count Smackula
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Alaskan Governor's child may be her daughter's? - iReport.com

In summary, rumors are starting to circulate the Palin's latest child was actually born to her teen-aged daughter Bristol.

For the record, let me say that this evidence is quite circumstantial and isn't even close to substantiating the claim. However, it is enough to leave it within the realm of possibility. Although I really hate to bring such a personal matter into the spotlight, claiming parenthood of a a child that isn't yours isn't legal. However, let me say that if evidence proves this to be false, I'll condemn this strongly. I despise the "Obama is a muslim" crap and I'll treat this no differently if it proves to be equally spurious. Still, this may be true and is of public interest. I would like to ask that people remember that this issue is personal and is not substantiated, so approach it with care.

Another scandal is also brewing that McCain fathered an illegitimate black child.... :roll:

There's another point I've read that isn't in your "article" and that is that Bristol was removed from school for 8 months for "mononucleosis" which is a standard excuse for hiding pregnancies, and mono almost never runs 8 months without hospitalization, and Bristol wasn't hospitalized.

The thing that sways me to believe this isn't the pictures. . .its her behavior when her water broke and then till delivery. Very suspicious, was her intent was to appear in-delivery but had to get to the hospital where her daughter actually was. Was she trying to take unnecessary risks in hopes of losing the baby "naturally"? I simply cannot understand anyone taking so many risks without ulterior motives.

I await the "captians challenge" to put this thread in it's place. shouldn't this be in the conspiracies section?

Last edited:
Another scandal is also brewing that McCain fathered an illegitimate black child.... :roll:

Wasn't that the one started by the Bush campaign?

Given the fact that this charge is now widely known, I would hope that Palin will handle this as Obama handled the charge that he was born outside of the US - by coming forth with evidence of the truth.

She needs to either come forth and say that the child is indeed her daughter's child or submit DNA evidence from herself, her husband and the child to prove that they are indeed Trig's parents. These courses would settle the matter once and for all so we could get back to the issues. I would not think less of Palin if she attempted to spare her daughter the brunt of teenage motherhood, but once you are caught in a well-intentioned scam, it is time to fess up and make it right.

Given the fact that this charge is now widely known, I would hope that Palin will handle this as Obama handled the charge that he was born outside of the US - by coming forth with evidence of the truth.

She needs to either come forth and say that the child is indeed her daughter's child or submit DNA evidence from herself, her husband and the child to prove that they are indeed Trig's parents. These courses would settle the matter once and for all so we could get back to the issues. I would not think less of Palin if she attempted to spare her daughter the brunt of teenage motherhood, but once you are caught in a well-intentioned scam, it is time to fess up and make it right.

Being a woman, don't you find her behavior from water break to delivery more than a tad suspicious?

:shock:

and i get accused of partisan hackery.... :lol:

ok i agree, right after obama submits to a lie detector test over that gay sex crackpot..... :lol:

n summary, rumors are starting to circulate the Palin's latest child was actually born to her teen-aged daughter Bristol.

Not really a "scandal"; there's nothing wrong with it if it's true.
But she does need to be open about it, as America requires- for whatever reason- full and open disclosure about such things from their presidential and vice-presidential candidates.
McCain's been open about his Bridget being adopted; Reagan was open about his adopted son.

If Palin's kid's adopted and is really her grandchild, she needs to go ahead and say so.
Covering it up is not going to be a good move, politically speaking.
It will come out anyway, and then people will perceive her as dishonest and sneaky.

Secrecy around these issues- family adoptions- is also not particularly healthy for the children involved, according to today's thinking (backed up with expert opinion), ergo if she's planning to try to cover it up and just pass the kid off as her own forever, that tells us something else about her. Much like her advocacy of Intelligent Design, it tells us that she has little regard for what scientific experts think or what the mainstream public thinks.

I say: Lets just wait and see. Be a bad thing to judge this woman when we don't even know the truth. As of now, any person's guess on this could be the truth. Lets just wait.

I say: Lets just wait and see. Be a bad thing to judge this woman when we don't even know the truth. As of now, any person's guess on this could be the truth. Lets just wait.

In the end I don't care if the baby is hers or not. But the irresponsible behavior from water breaking to delivery is so unacceptable, and I thinks reflects very badly on her ability to recognize appropriate concern regarding serious issues.

In the end I don't care if the baby is hers or not. But the irresponsible behavior from water breaking to delivery is so unacceptable, and I thinks reflects very badly on her ability to recognize appropriate concern regarding serious issues.

but having terrorists and racists as mentors and friends is no issue for you. i see..... :2wave:

but having terrorists and racists as mentors and friends is no issue for you. i see..... :2wave:

Please show me anywhere that I have said that. Anywhere! We're not discussing Avers here, but of coure you know that but can't find a legitimate topical response.

Please show me anywhere that I have said that. Anywhere! We're not discussing Avers here, but of coure you know that but can't find a legitimate topical response.

you are voting for obama no? then ayers and wright are appropriate rebuttle to your position on Palin demonstrating your hypocrisy.

There's another point I've read that isn't in your "article" and that is that Bristol was removed from school for 8 months for "mononucleosis" which is a standard excuse for hiding pregnancies, and mono almost never runs 8 months without hospitalization, and Bristol wasn't hospitalized.

The thing that sways me to believe this isn't the pictures. . .its her behavior when her water broke and then till delivery. Very suspicious, was her intent was to appear in-delivery but had to get to the hospital where her daughter actually was. Was she trying to take unnecessary risks in hopes of losing the baby "naturally"? I simply cannot understand anyone taking so many risks without ulterior motives.
Being a woman, don't you find her behavior from water break to delivery more than a tad suspicious?
Water breaks in Dallas and she flies home to Alaska for the birth - and the flight crew has no idea she is in labor. I am starting to smell bull scat for sure. A woman having her fifth child likely wouldn't be in labor for eight hours after the water breaks (and I can say that from personal experience)

ok i agree, right after obama submits to a lie detector test over that gay sex crackpot..... :lol:

Yeah, that guy had passed a lie detector test that he had gay sex with Obama smoking crack. This was never resolved.

Given the fact that this charge is now widely known, I would hope that Obama will handle this as McCain handled the charge that he fathered an illegitimate black child - by coming forth with evidence of the truth.

He needs to either come forth and say that the crack was not something he inhaled, or that he has only gay thoughts but no desire to fulfill them. These courses would settle the matter once and for all so we could get back to the issues.

Once you are caught in a well-intentioned scam, it is time to fess up and make it right.

:mrgreen:

you are voting for obama no? then ayers and wright are appropriate rebuttle to your position on Palin demonstrating your hypocrisy.

As far as I know Ayers and Wright are not on the ticket. Period. You do know the difference? Actually, I shouldn't count on that, huh?

She didn't befriend someone with poor critical thinking skills, she demonstrated poor critical thinking skills in a very careless and serious way, and to her own baby!!!! Why aren't the pro-lifers around here annoyed at her recklessness. I mean they all seem to want to murder a little girl who killed her baby in a bathroom. IF Sarah was in fact pregnant, and had lost the baby through her dangerous carelessness; it would've been different how? If the baby flushed down the toilet was noticed by anyone prior to being flushed, and had lived, where's the difference. Both behaved in manners that were more than likely to cause an unsatisfactory outcome for the baby.

Edited to add: The difference is that Palin is a grown woman with plenty of pregnancy experience, she was not alone, not raped, and is vying for being second in line to the most important office in the world.

Last edited:
Well, I looked around the internet a bit; the media's certainly gotten hold of this story now, and are not going to let go of it until the truth is out, whatever that might be.
Apparently, they're interviewing classmates of Bristol's who claim they saw her pregnant during the 5 months she was out of school, allegedly with mono (also the latter five months of Sarah Palin's alleged fifth pregnancy).

If this is the truth, there's no way to hide it, and Palin ought to just admit it, and put as positive a spin on it as possible.
Supporting one's daughter even when her behavior displeases you is a good thing, as is adopting a baby with Down's Syndrome.
Both of these actions could be seen as in-line with Palin's prolife Christian stance, and could actually help her win over the GOP base.

On the other hand, all this alleged secrecy, lying and sneaking (although I'm sure she can play it off by saying she was merely trying to protect her daughter's reputation)- lying to the school and saying her daughter had mono, lying to her friends and associates and claiming she herself was pregnant, lying about being pregnant with a Down's baby and choosing not to abort it (if she wasn't the one pregnant, then it wasn't her choice at all, was it?)... all this could reflect badly on her. It might make people uneasy.
Of necessity, this is the clandestine way that pregnant daughters of good families were handled in the 1940s and 1950s, when "illigitimate" pregnancy was considered deeply shameful, and bastard children were stigmatized for life.

But mainstream America- along with all reputable medical and psychological and child protective organizations- does not agree that this is a reasonable and healthy way to deal with a pregnant daughter in this day and age.

We'll just have to wait and see if it's true, I suppose, before we can comment much more about it.

Well, I don't really care if it's true or not. But if it is, what I don't understand is why anyone would still think that this kind of covering up is necessary in the 21st century. :confused:

Teens have sex, they get pregnant. Deal with it and stop lying. Sheesh...

So, does the woman in brown look 7.5 months pregnant to anyone? This is a photo from the Juneau Empire taken on Super Tuesday (Feb 5th) and Trig Palin was born on April 18th.

307-3504041.standalone.prod_affiliate.7.jpg

As far as I know Ayers and Wright are not on the ticket. Period. You do know the difference? Actually, I shouldn't count on that, huh?

She didn't befriend someone with poor critical thinking skills, she demonstrated poor critical thinking skills in a very careless and serious way, and to her own baby!!!! Why aren't the pro-lifers around here annoyed at her recklessness. I mean they all seem to want to murder a little girl who killed her baby in a bathroom. IF Sarah was in fact pregnant, and had lost the baby through her dangerous carelessness; it would've been different how? If the baby flushed down the toilet was noticed by anyone prior to being flushed, and had lived, where's the difference. Both behaved in manners that were more than likely to cause an unsatisfactory outcome for the baby.

Edited to add: The difference is that Palin is a grown woman with plenty of pregnancy experience, she was not alone, not raped, and is vying for being second in line to the most important office in the world.

can you be any more partisan.

how about obama doing the gay sex and smoking crack then? i mean the dood passed a lie detector. so lets hold obama to your same level.

Water breaks in Dallas and she flies home to Alaska for the birth - and the flight crew has no idea she is in labor. I am starting to smell bull scat for sure. A woman having her fifth child likely wouldn't be in labor for eight hours after the water breaks (and I can say that from personal experience)

Also...with my first child, my water never broke; they ruptured it in the hospital with a plastic hook, to help move the labor along.
With my second child, the water broke at home, but it kept leaking and kept leaking all the way to the hospital. It was pretty embarrassing, like peeing in your pants for an hour straight and not being able to stop.
I changed clothes before leaving for the hospital; by the time I arrived there, my clothes were soaked again and I was tracking wet footprints all over the linoleum. It was more water than could've been contained with a sanitary pad or anything. I had to sit on a towel in the car on the way to the hospital, and it soaked the seat anyway.

So how did Palin get on a plane and fly in that condition?
Wasn't her business suit soaked? Would they have even let her on a plane, if she were in obvious labor?

(Or perhaps my experience is atypical. In movies, water just gushes out in one big gush all at once, and then it's over).

Back
Top Bottom