• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Possible Hobbies/Crafts Sub Forum?

RetiredUSN

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
As a woodworker and boat builder hobbyist, I was wondering what everyone else does in terms of creativity

I thought that it might be interesting to see what others do in their spare time, and could possibly share with the DP members.

I like to reload and cast bullets.

There was a thread on that around here somewhere and it was pretty popular. I thought it had been "stickied" but I'm not seeing it now.

As a woodworker and boat builder hobbyist, I was wondering what everyone else does in terms of creativity

I thought that it might be interesting to see what others do in their spare time, and could possibly share with the DP members.
Over the years I tried many things.
Fishing, woodworking, jewelry making, writing, some even with good results (I am not a good woodworker).
This last year I spent a lot of time helping my son fix up his house.
Laminate Flooring, and Tile, I know we put down over 1000 sq ft of flooring.

Like Winchester I reload and cast bullets too. Mainly in the winter months. I enjoy brewing beer and hard cider, I do some boating on a couple Colorado river lakes in the summer. Raise meat rabbits and meat and egg birds.

Over the years I tried many things.
Fishing, woodworking, jewelry making, writing, some even with good results (I am not a good woodworker).
This last year I spent a lot of time helping my son fix up his house.
Laminate Flooring, and Tile, I know we put down over 1000 sq ft of flooring.

I did home rehabs and repairs while working under a real estate broker as his field services guy. No better client base in the world than a bunch of agents fretting over minor repair issues to get a house to the closing table. I shut my business down for a while, as I was getting burn't out living on the phone. I have been driving dump trucks just to get away, but I am ready to start up again fairly soon.

Last edited:

There's almost nothing I haven't tried, at this point. I seem to just collect hobbies...

Done a bit of metal work, leather work, sewing, book binding, candle making, drawing, writing obviously, tiny bit of sculpting and painting of various sorts, and want to take a taxidermy class! There's probably more I'm forgetting at the moment.

So... all the things, basically. I just like learning how to do stuff. Thinking about getting a tiny house and making literally everything in it. I don't know what it is, but I need a project on the go at any given time.

Weirdly enough, I can't cook to save my life.

You can post a hobby thread in the Tavern.

Back
Top Bottom