• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Possible $2000 check -

year2late

IIJAFM
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Question - especially for the Democrats.

There is a lot of talk about another check - $2000 has been bantered about.

I think it sounds nice but if money is spent, I would like it to go to people who are still out of work and benefits have run out, small businesses that need help. etc. Vaccine distribution to assure the economy can get back ASAP

I have great issue with those checks going to individuals that are suffering no covid economy related hardship.

Thoughts?

I think it sounds nice but if money is spent, I would like it to go to people who are still out of work and benefits have run out, small businesses that need help. etc. Vaccine distribution to assure the economy can get back ASAP

I have great issue with those checks going to individuals that are suffering no covid economy related hardship.

Thoughts?
Don't count on it. There's no upside for Nancy to push it anymore.

You got your $600 and the others got their millions and billions.

Be satisfied.

Don't count on it. There's no upside for Nancy to push it anymore.

You got your $600 and the others got their millions and billions.

Be satisfied.
You miss my point. I think they should have gone to people who were out of work due to COVID. I make too much and have been consistently employed. I do not think I should get a check. Understand?

You miss my point. I think they should have gone to people who were out of work due to COVID. I make too much and have been consistently employed. I do not think I should get a check. Understand?
I didn't miss your point, I just decided to inject some reality.

btw, you don't have to keep the money. The IRS will happily accept your check.

I didn't miss your point, I just decided to inject some reality.

I did not get any.

Thoughts?
This is what Sen. Manchin wants, a ‘targeted’ approach as he says. He will be the most powerful Senator in the next Senate.

Dead people are getting these checks, as are people in nursing homes who can’t spend the money.

People with good pensions and health benefits like my wife and I don’t need these checks. We’ll never solve means testing.

I have great issue with those checks going to individuals that are suffering no covid economy-related hardship.

Thoughts?
The $2,000 deal is tied to a repeal of section 230 which prevents social media platforms from being sued for their users' comments. The $2,000 is meant to keep your attention away from that threat to your 1st amendment.

The so-called "help" to small businesses is in fact an attack on small businesses, using the PPP loans as the most recent example. By getting a business to agree to a loan they can't afford to pay back and then changing the terms of the forgiveness clause, the government effectively owns those small businesses.

Vaccine distribution is a non-issue since covid itself is a non-issue, an extremely survivable virus where most infected people never even display symptoms.

Thoughts?

WOOT WOOT!
$2,000 monthly checks until the pandemic is over. We can do it!

Actualy, no, they won't. I called and asked. The rules say that it's a credit to your taxes so if you keep refusing the money it will just keep being added onto your tax filings year after year until you die and then it'll be added to your estate and paid out to your heir.

The $2,000 deal is tied to a repeal of section 230 which prevents social media platforms from being sued for their users' comments. The $2,000 is meant to keep your attention away from that threat to your 1st amendment.

The so-called "help" to small businesses is in fact an attack on small businesses, using the PPP loans as the most recent example. By getting a business to agree to a loan they can't afford to pay back and then changing the terms of the forgiveness clause, the government effectively owns those small businesses.

Vaccine distribution is a non-issue since covid itself is a non-issue, an extremely survivable virus where most infected people never even display symptoms.
So the disease that is crippling healthcare systems across this country is a non issue.

Got it.

So the disease that is crippling healthcare systems across this country is a non issue.

Got it.
Covid merely exposed how weak the healthcare system already was. You speak as if we had a vibrant healthcare system and then covid came along and ruined it, but that simply is not the truth. Healthcare in America sucked long before covid came along, therefore covid isn't the problem.

I'd be fine with just the extra $1,400 to make the $600 last month into $2000. I'd hope it will be in my account by February.

Thoughts?
I donated my first one to a specific food Bank - but then that's called free will.

Back
Top Bottom