• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Positive thoughts on President Trump

faithful_servant

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
With all of the unending litany of non-stop hate being spewed forth here, I thought that I'd try a little experiment. I'll be upfront about what I'm doing, just so there's no confusion about it. It's my assertion that we have certain members here who are unable to discuss the President without attacking and insulting him (and anyone who doesn't join in with the attack). So let's see if my little theory is correct. My guess is that within the 15 posts we will have at least one post attacking the President.

If you can't say anything positive, please go to any one of the 100s of threads dedicated to attacking him and have a ball. So how about it, DP?? Can we have one thread about the President that doesn't deteriorate into just another attack thread?? And please spare us the left-handed/passive-aggressive garbage as well...

What positive things can you say about the President?

I like that he backed out of the TPP.

I like that he beat Ted Cruz.

I like that illegal immigration is down and illegal criminal aliens are being captured.

"I want to look him straight in the eye and tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, far flushing, snake licking, dirt eating, inbreed, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat assed, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed, sack of monkey **** he is!!! Halleluah!! Holy ****!! Where's the Tylenol??"

lol...didn't want you to be disappointed.

As for positive...he's doing more to engage people in political debate than any president in a long time. :)

PS: Bonus likes for first person who can place the above rant.... haha

"I want to look him straight in the eye and tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, far flushing, snake licking, dirt eating, inbreed, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat assed, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed, sack of monkey **** he is!!! Halleluah!! Holy ****!! Where's the Tylenol??"

lol...didn't want you to be disappointed.

As for positive...he's doing more to engage people in political debate than any president in a long time. :)

PS: Bonus likes for first person who can place the above rant.... haha

Clark Griswold (Chevey Chase) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989).

I'll take one like for this...and 2 bonus likes on one each of any two other posts of mine you can stomach. ;)

As for the OP? I like that Trump, despite all naysayers, has actually been trying to keep as many of his promises as he can.

Last edited:
I like that he showed that no election can be taken for granted, something I feel much of the Democratic Party and the media needed to be reminded of. Love him or hate him (and I lean towards the latter), you can't deny it's slightly inspirational that he won both the nomination and then the Presidency with so many people sneering at him. He also did bring the national spotlight on to some very important issues which were kinda neglected before the election, particularly regarding the Rust Belt. I only wish he'd done it in a different fashion...

With all of the unending litany of non-stop hate being spewed forth here, I thought that I'd try a little experiment. I'll be upfront about what I'm doing, just so there's no confusion about it. It's my assertion that we have certain members here who are unable to discuss the President without attacking and insulting him (and anyone who doesn't join in with the attack). So let's see if my little theory is correct. My guess is that within the 15 posts we will have at least one post attacking the President.

If you can't say anything positive, please go to any one of the 100s of threads dedicated to attacking him and have a ball. So how about it, DP?? Can we have one thread about the President that doesn't deteriorate into just another attack thread?? And please spare us the left-handed/passive-aggressive garbage as well...

First off, watch how you use the term "left-handed," cuz I are one. LOL, just kidding. I am a south paw though. :)

I am confident in DJT to do what's best for America in a general sense. He's comfortable in his own skin. He's, a doer, builder, author, family man, patriot, fighter, focused, loves his country, and not beholden to rich donors, or globalists. He's smart and clever, and not frightened by the American Pravda.

I'm glad that Trump removed Steve Bannon from the National Security Council.

That's about it.

I'd been pining for the good ole Dubya days, and along came Trump! YaaaHooo!

I like how awkward he looks at large events. I often do not get the social cues to avoid people at events. If someone is in front of me I will try to engage them. Then get tired and walk away because they're boring me. It's good to know people like that exist at high levels of government.

This was sent from Putin's computer using Donald's credentials.

I like that he spends a bunch of time playing golf etc.—less time to do stupid **** that way.

I like that he backed out of the TPP.

^^^, and I 2nd the squashing of Cruz and add the Clintons (though I'm second guessing that one these days).

I'll add McMaster and Mattis as being great appointments.

I like that he, uh, never mind..........

I got nothin'.

:shrug:

Because Trump is so easy to lampoon, talk show ratings on almost all networks have never been higher. Despite Trump's false claims, newspaper subscriptions for the WaPo and NYT are up.

All this spells increases in advertising dollars which should translate to a boost to the economy.

U.S. government oversight, both by the U.S. citizenry and internally within the government has increased. It's going to be very difficult for U.S. public servant wrongdoing to go unnoticed and for legislation harmful to the citizenry to pass.

I like that he fired/resigned Mike Flynn.
It would have been better if the prez had never hired the guy in the first place, but then I would've had more difficulty being positive.

The Positive

1. He provides great fodder for the liberal tossers.

2. He proved that someone outside the mainstream can make it to the White House.

3. He gives it right back to the media...... a partisan institution that has ruined journalistic integrity in a shortish 50 year time span.

The Negative

1. He's a habitual liar like his predecessor.

2. He's insecure, and can't shut his trap for 2 freaking seconds.

3. Never should have been president.

I like that the chaos surrounding Trump and his administration is helping thwart the GOP agenda. This is a major reason I don't want to see him impeached.

How about a perspective on why people disapprove of Trump provided by Gallup. Only 16% disapprove of Trump due to his policies. In fact most have a favorable view of his policies. But 65% disapprove of Trump due to his personality, persona, character. Comparing Trump to Obama, it was just the opposite, 65% disapproved of Obama because of his policies, 14% because of his personality, character.

Trump Disapproval Rooted in Character Concerns | Gallup

From the article:

Trump's unique personal style, brashness and disregard for conventional political norms and discourse -- while clearly a negative for many during the campaign -- helped him stand out from other Republican contenders and ultimately contributed to his victory in November. Six months into his presidency, these same characteristics remain prominent in the minds of his detractors and remain the most frequently cited reasons as to why the majority of Americans think he is not doing a good job.

My own opinion is if Trump would drop twitter, begin to act presidential, lose his uncouthness, do away with the name calling, stop being obnoxious his approval rating would climb 15 points at least. Most Americans favor what he is doing, his policies, it is the man himself they disapprove of.

How about a perspective on why people disapprove of Trump provided by Gallup. Only 16% disapprove of Trump due to his policies. In fact most have a favorable view of his policies. But 65% disapprove of Trump due to his personality, persona, character. Comparing Trump to Obama, it was just the opposite, 65% disapproved of Obama because of his policies, 14% because of his personality, character.

Trump Disapproval Rooted in Character Concerns | Gallup

From the article:

Trump's unique personal style, brashness and disregard for conventional political norms and discourse -- while clearly a negative for many during the campaign -- helped him stand out from other Republican contenders and ultimately contributed to his victory in November. Six months into his presidency, these same characteristics remain prominent in the minds of his detractors and remain the most frequently cited reasons as to why the majority of Americans think he is not doing a good job.

My own opinion is if Trump would drop twitter, begin to act presidential, lose his uncouthness, do away with the name calling, stop being obnoxious his approval rating would climb 15 points at least. Most Americans favor what he is doing, his policies, it is the man himself they disapprove of.

I think the conclusions you are drawing from the survey are erroneous.
Just because people overwhelmingly select his character and style as the reason for disapproving of his presidency, DOES NOT mean they approve of his policies.
This survey does not measure the approval rating of his policies.

Back
Top Bottom