• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Portugal (NATO Member) to send personnel to Ukraine

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

It looks like a NATO member (Portugal) is sending personnel to assist Ukraine. This is a potentially significant development in of itself and (I thought) worthy of its own discussion.

Kudos to Portugal.

Some TV talking heads are reminding us of how various nations took sides during the Spanish civil war, which -- sadly -- Franco won.

Hope more NATO nations will send weapons and troops to help the Ukrainians.

It looks like a NATO member (Portugal) is sending personnel to assist Ukraine. This is a potentially significant development in of itself and (I thought) worthy of its own discussion.

Apparently, according to the article, Portugal is sending 175 troops to Romania to put on the Romanian/ Ukrainian border. The others are sending weapons only

Putin has threatened fire and brimstone on any nation that sends troops to Ukraine.

Oh shit. It's gonna get super real now.

Putin has threatened fire and brimstone on any nation that sends troops to Ukraine.

That's why Portugal is sending them to Romania instead.

Putin has threatened fire and brimstone on any nation that sends troops to Ukraine
Go for it Putin! If you attack a NATO country you will be very, very sorry.

I don' t want Canada in another war not of our making but I am changing my opinion. Helping Ukraine militarily is not like nation building it is truly in defense of a country struggling for democracy under seige. Get in, drive the Russians back and get out. I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom