• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Portland woman shoots and kills home intruder

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A 33-year-old woman returned to her Southeast Portland home early Sunday morning to discover an unknown man inside one of her children's bedrooms.

Portland Police said the woman shot and killed the 59-year-old man inside her Powellhurst-Gilbert home sometime before 1:47 a.m.

The homeowner wasn't identified in a press release, but police said she came home along with her 5 and 10 year-old children early Sunday and found the man inside the residence.
She has since cooperated with police, officials said, and was not arrested.
Woman killed 'unknown man' in her child's bedroom in Southeast Portland | OregonLive.com

Portland woman shoots and kills home intruder | KGW.com

Good result under pressure and extreme stress.

I wonder how that'd have turned out if she hadn't her firearm with her. Could possibly have been the death of all three and a man hunt for the murderer / intruder / home invader.

Good result under pressure and extreme stress.

Greetings, MickeyW. :2wave:

:agree: He was waiting in the children's bedroom - lucky she had her gun with her when they arrived home! :thumbs: Scary!

Good for the lady glad her and her kids are safe!

I think everybody knows by now, an excellent way to get yourself shot is to break into a home.

Guns kill people. If we got rid of guns then OBVIOUSLY less people would be dying. I can tell by this thread that people don't mind shooting people though,

I wonder how that'd have turned out if she hadn't her firearm with her. Could possibly have been the death of all three and a man hunt for the murderer / intruder / home invader.

Very likely.

Greetings, MickeyW. :2wave:

:agree: He was waiting in the children's bedroom - lucky she had her gun with her when they arrived home! :thumbs: Scary!

Hi polgara....:2wave:

Very lucky.

Good for the lady glad her and her kids are safe!

I think everybody knows by now, an excellent way to get yourself shot is to break into a home.

Except, it's not done often enough to deter these criminals.

Guns kill people. If we got rid of guns then OBVIOUSLY less people would be dying. I can tell by this thread that people don't mind shooting people though,

Not one bit. It stops recidivism dead in it's tracks. Best solution to rid society of vermin....and we have plenty of it here.

The next best thing, is to increase the use of the Death Penalty. ;)

Not one bit. It stops recidivism dead in it's tracks. Best solution to rid society of vermin....and we have plenty of it here.

The next best thing, is to increase the use of the Death Penalty. ;)

All that will do is increase the number of innocent people that are killed that are on death row. The system sounds great but is broken in practice.

Not sure how that is obvious. The biggest mass murders (apart by those caused by government) have occurred with explosives. Wouldn't people simply find other methods, with possibly greater collateral damage?

All that will do is increase the number of innocent people that are killed that are on death row. The system sounds great but is broken in practice.

Very, very few are innocent. If they made it to death row, it was usually after multiple heinous crimes, not just the one that put them there.

People on Death Row, usually earn it.

And like we have discussed before....you have no experience in these matters or with guns, so you only have a Utopian outlook.....which to me, is just plain silly......
When I hung out with all the Flower Children in the 1960s....they too had such silly ideas...but I was only interested in free *****, not their ideology.....or their drugs.

Last edited:
Very, very few are innocent. If they made it to death row, it was usually after multiple heinous crimes, not just the one that put them there.

People on Death Row, usually earn it.

And like we have discussed before....you have no experience in these matters or with guns, so you only have a Utopian outlook.....which to me, is just plain silly......
When I hung out with all the Flower Children in the 1960s....they too had such silly ideas...but I was only interested in free *****, not their ideology.....or their drugs.

Most on death row are there due to witness testimony and anybody that knows witnesses are generally wrong.

we will put you down as someone who is upset that a criminal was killed. There is nothing wrong with shooting a criminal who comes into your home, in violation of law-most likely seeking to harm you. you cannot get rid of guns, only disarm honest people-which of course is what you want to do

Most on death row are there due to witness testimony and anybody that knows witnesses are generally wrong.

that's nonsense, in many cases its objective evidence though I guess you consider this "witness testimony"

DA-so what did you find officer Jones

OJ-well when we caught the defendant, he had the wallet of the deceased in his pocket and he had a knife in his other pocket

DA-did you test the blood on the knife.

OJ yes sir and as Dr Smith noted in her report-that was already placed into evidence-the blood matched the deceased

saying witnesses are generally wrong is stupid. and you have to define witnesses. someone who claimed they saw the defendant stabbing the victim can be wrong-especially if they don't know the defendant. Saying a witness such as the doctor or the police officer is wrong is just stupid

come - on guys, she should have reasoned with him, and asked him to leave by giving him a few bucks.:2mad:

or do what crazy joe said-run out back and shoot her double barrel shotgun twice in the air?

or worse yet, piss and crap herself and hope that causes the attacker to leave

No, witnesses are not generally wrong....and most are on Death Row because it was a slam dunk case to begin with! Most deserves to be executed........and I'd like to see them step it up a bit. ;)

come - on guys, she should have reasoned with him, and asked him to leave by giving him a few bucks.:2mad:

Sounds like something Nancy Pisslosi or Pocahontas Warren, would say.

or do what crazy joe said-run out back and shoot her double barrel shotgun twice in the air?

or worse yet, piss and crap herself and hope that causes the attacker to leave

Yep. liberals....what ****ing dunces they are!

A 33-year-old woman returned to her Southeast Portland home early Sunday morning to discover an unknown man inside one of her children's bedrooms.

Portland Police said the woman shot and killed the 59-year-old man inside her Powellhurst-Gilbert home sometime before 1:47 a.m.

The homeowner wasn't identified in a press release, but police said she came home along with her 5 and 10 year-old children early Sunday and found the man inside the residence.
She has since cooperated with police, officials said, and was not arrested.
Woman killed 'unknown man' in her child's bedroom in Southeast Portland | OregonLive.com

Portland woman shoots and kills home intruder | KGW.com

Another good guy using gun to stop bad guy story that will get ignored by the mainstream media and that anti-2nd amendment trash will pretend rarely ever happens since the mainstream media doesn't report such stories.

Lets follow that brilliant reasoning of yours through shall we. In your simplistic world where we 'got rid of guns' what would have happened to this woman? We don't know that this wonderful man would have killed them all. Maybe all that would have happened was that she or one of her little girls might have been raped. No big deal, right? So sure, lets disarm the good and leave women at the mercy of men of bad intentions. Brilliant. Wait, which ideology was engaged in a war on women again?

This lady must be a coward. Only cowards need a gun to protect themselves. Why didn't she just use Krav Maga?

;)

Thank goodness for the Castle doctrine, and stand your ground laws.

that's nonsense, in many cases its objective evidence though I guess you consider this "witness testimony"

DA-so what did you find officer Jones

OJ-well when we caught the defendant, he had the wallet of the deceased in his pocket and he had a knife in his other pocket

DA-did you test the blood on the knife.

OJ yes sir and as Dr Smith noted in her report-that was already placed into evidence-the blood matched the deceased

saying witnesses are generally wrong is stupid. and you have to define witnesses. someone who claimed they saw the defendant stabbing the victim can be wrong-especially if they don't know the defendant. Saying a witness such as the doctor or the police officer is wrong is just stupid

In what they see, yes, witness testimony is often wrong. Research backs this up too...

https://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue One/fisher&tversky.htm

Lets follow that brilliant reasoning of yours through shall we. In your simplistic world where we 'got rid of guns' what would have happened to this woman? We don't know that this wonderful man would have killed them all. Maybe all that would have happened was that she or one of her little girls might have been raped. No big deal, right? So sure, lets disarm the good and leave women at the mercy of men of bad intentions. Brilliant. Wait, which ideology was engaged in a war on women again?

You took my reasoning and then created a Straw Man. Want to try again or do you give up?

You took my reasoning and then created a Straw Man. Want to try again or do you give up?

First of all, nothing you said can be categorized as 'reasoning.' Second, where is the straw man? The only thing that can be taken away from your post is that there really are gun nuts out there. Its just that they all reside in the anti-gun crowd. Finally, let me paraphrase something you said: 'I can tell by this thread that people don't mind women and children being raped and murdered though,
'

Back
Top Bottom