• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Portland Still Paralyzed by Riots

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Over 60 Portland 911 calls go unheeded overnight as police respond to riot | Fox News

Calls about theft, vandalism, suspicious activity, hit and runs, and burglary were put on hold

More than 60 emergency calls to police went unheeded overnight in Portland as officers were preoccupied with hundreds of demonstrators downtown and were pelted by rocks.

On the 80th consecutive night of protests, the Portland Police Bureau declared a riot around midnight Sunday after a crowd of hundreds had blocked traffic for three hours by the Penumbra Kelly Building in the 4700 block of East Burnside Street, trespassed on the closed property and engaged in “violent, tumultuous conduct.”

The targeted building is owned by the city and is used by city and county employees, including the Police Bureau.

From midnight to about 2:45 a.m., protesters ignored warnings from police to disperse and began arguing amongst themselves.

Some threw objects at police cars in the parking lot of the building and spray-painted over security cameras. Others shined green lasers at officers’ eyes and pelted police with softball-sized “river rocks” and glass bottles.

COSTS FROM WEEKS OF PROTESTS TAKE FINANCIAL TOLL ON CASH-STRAPPED CITIES ACROSS US

Two officers went to the hospital. A photo shared by the police bureau showed a 9.5-pound rock that was thrown by a person posing as "press" as the officer "prepared to ride away on a truck.” Several arrests were made.

Police can't even protect their own law abiding citizens in Portland.

We now know that Portland mayor Ted Wheeler was lying about federal agents being the problem.

We also know that Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot doesn't have a clue what to do - ‘This is Out of Control': Downtown Residents Worry As Crime Soars

Seattle has hamstrung their police officers - Seattle's East Precinct sees surge in arson, assaults and burglaries

These are longtime Democratic Party held cities. This is the best that democrats can offer the nation.

No Thank You.

Over 60 Portland 911 calls go unheeded overnight as police respond to riot | Fox News

Police can't even protect their own law abiding citizens in Portland.

We now know that Portland mayor Ted Wheeler was lying about federal agents being the problem.

We also know that Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot doesn't have a clue what to do - ‘This is Out of Control': Downtown Residents Worry As Crime Soars

Seattle has hamstrung their police officers - Seattle's East Precinct sees surge in arson, assaults and burglaries

These are longtime Democratic Party held cities. This is the best that democrats can offer the nation.

No Thank You.
Its the summer of love being thrown by peaceful protesters excercising their 1A right

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Its the summer of love being thrown by peaceful protesters excercising their 1A right

What is peaceful about shooting dead a 24 year old mother in the face in front of her child and husband?

-

What is peaceful about shooting dead a 24 year old mother in the face in front of her child and husband?

-
Ask the progressives. Im only repeating what they been claiming since it started.

This is for George Floyd? not anymore...I'm not buying it

This is ridiculous. This is the left.

This is for George Floyd? not anymore...I'm not buying it

This is ridiculous. This is the left.

It never was about him. Plenty of black male thugs that look like Floyd - same height, age, and build - are murdered every day by who? The same black male thugs who look like Floyd. The same black male thugs who Kim Foxx released back onto the streets to commit more crime under the guise of prison/jail reform.

Don't get me started on the amount of black kids that were slaughtered this summer in Chiraq by adult black male thugs.

And not a single BLM/Antifa/Lib lamestream media liar/Lying Lib politician says absolutely nothing about it and if they do, its automatically dismissed as racist for a non-Lib to even mention it.

I do NOT feel sorry for the people in Portland who voted in those politicians who are responsible for this mess in that once nice city.

Everyone does, really, reap what one sows.

Those voters are now getting a taste of what it means when there are no cops available to stop the bad elements from running wild.

Certain groups are now completely out of control. And I feel that people like Nancy Pelosi are responsible. Her kneeling in the Capitol only emboldened lawless elements.

No change is coming, just continued violence and uselessness.

Back
Top Bottom